Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honourable mentions for some beautiful profile pictures I spotted during my Grunking.

@Scarletfever
@Mrslightyear

and the user who has the sausages as their profile pic. Sorry, I can't find your name now. Show yourself within 30 minutes and I will edit my post! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
It has her birth year wrong. It hasn’t been updated.
You see these things need to be changed in my opinion as again it's false but many people will read this and be like I thought and was younger. She needs to ensure all important stuff on there is correct. I know she can do the whole of her search engine hits but the most important ones at least.

Reactions: 10
Maybe it's my age, maybe it's because I was raised by my grandparents but I can't help but think that a 'Jack Monroe' is what you get when you start handing out certificates for just taking part..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Nooooooo, I didn’t need to see Brendan sausages again!

they are almost more horrid than I remember 😂 I’m hope she’s still alive and well

• Haha
Reactions: 29
This is what baffles me. I understand when her child was small she struggled with childcare or whatever but she's came away from that and he is older now so in theory she could get herself a nice little job in a cafe somewhere from 9-5 he could go to after school club etc.
Or return to the fire service. She has so much experience that without doubt she would fly through the ranks. Or are all her stories all bullshit?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Someone I know from many years ago is a Jack follower and regularly tweets her and retweets... He is currently off work sick and claims he can't return to his actual job but wants to be an advocate and writer for his niche, which is already overladed with "experts". In essence, he is doing a jack - wants to be admired and paid for doing a non job.

Patreon is being used and again he has a list of disabilites/ailments. It just seems startlingly similar, like he is copying her.

I am concerned she is promoting a culture thst others are emulating, entirely to their detriment. Not everyone has a blue tick friendship group and a tv exec partner to back them up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
All the while our tireless, selfless activist is..... sharing panic inducing images of empty shelves and claiming it's completely possible to feed 2 people on £20 a week (whilst not actually managing to achieve that herself). Possibly clawing at the floor as per, she hasn't mentioned that in a while though so wouldn't want to mither on about something I know duck ALL about x

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Would be interested to know how long she lasted in each of her jobs and if she was let go due to problems.

Reactions: 20
She does my head in with the £20 shop. You still need to have various storecupboard ingredients to make actual meals.

It's not possible week in and out to feed a family on £20 a week. Even though the family is just herself and SB.

When I was a single parent....and I do MEAN single parent as my son didn't go anywhere at weekends, there were times when we struggled and I went without to feed my son. Times like that were rare even then though and I always spent more than £20 on a weekly shop. That was several years back.....if I needed more than £20 several years ago then she definitely needs to spending more than that now.

She's playing with the poverty and it's tit as she has a huge following.

She should be saying "I spent £20 to test out if it was possible to feed us for a week and it isn't".

As evidenced by the food added to her meals NOT from the weekly shop it clearly isn't possible to cope on so little.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m new to these threads and I just want to say, if her ‘job’ (which she chose to do) is that unstable, why doesn’t she just get a ‘normal’ job? I read about Ray Quinn supposedly taking a job as a Hermes driver as he has no work due to lockdown. Can’t she do the same, I don’t understand why she would moan and moan about having no money when her life is in her own hands?
There was a thing in the press a while back. Some newspaper was shaming a ex-soap actor for now working in retail (I think) and lots of actors spoke out because 1) it's the nature of the industry that you may need to do other work in-between gigs 2) there's nothing shameful for working any job to feed yourself and your family.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Can I please request that a trigger warning warning is posted before Brendas bangers in future as I’m not sure I can cope with seeing them again. Thankyou.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
All the while our tireless, selfless activist is..... sharing panic inducing images of empty shelves and claiming it's completely possible to feed 2 people on £20 a week (whilst not actually managing to achieve that herself). Possibly clawing at the floor as per, she hasn't mentioned that in a while though so wouldn't want to mither on about something I know duck ALL about x

What she’s doing is going against everything the movement is standing for and working towards. They say no child should go hungry she says they only need 200cal meals. They say no child should live in poverty she says it’s possible to provide 5 portions of fruit and veg each day for a week for £20 for one child and one adult. She’s clinically thick if she thinks they’d touch her with a frickin barge pole

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
There was a thing in the press a while back. Some newspaper was shaming a ex-soap actor for now working in retail (I think) and lots of actors spoke out because 1) it's the nature of the industry that you may need to do other work in-between gigs 2) there's nothing shameful for working any job to feed yourself and your family.
Exactly this, I work in HR for a supermarket and I know of a few actors/presenters that took jobs with us at the beginning of lockdown. So what is it that’s stopping her stacking shelves at her local Tesco or something? There’s nothing wrong with it and it’s a regular wage coming in. Other working people seem to manage with childcare so she must have options surely.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.