Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did the weekly shop yesterday and it cost considerably more than 20 quid, however, I have enough stuff to make two of THAT MAN's recipes and one Hairy Bikers one for teas through the week, plus all the other essentials. I SHAN'T be making any of Jack's slop.

I will also be putting fishfingers in their rightful place in butties, not in lasagne

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think she lives her life as a student does. Where they get their loan in and throw it up the wall on useless shite the. Spend the rest of term eating very basic meals and tabbing off their mates and family for money until the next loan day. I lived with a girl like that as ironically so did my sister a good few years before in halls.

Not all students are like that but you do get them.
Yes-my friend did this. Spaffed her entire student loan on a new double bed (which only lasted a week as some boys we knew jumped on it & broke it during a party 😆), then was skint for the rest of that year & had to waitress constantly to get by. Difference was she was 19 & got herself out of the hole by working. Jack’s 32 I believe. That joke isn’t funny anymore-she thinks she’s entertaining & maverick when she’s just an irresponsible, selfish arse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Hasn’t her beloved David Cameron been volunteering as a delivery driver during lockdown?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I’m new to these threads and I just want to say, if her ‘job’ (which she chose to do) is that unstable, why doesn’t she just get a ‘normal’ job? I read about Ray Quinn supposedly taking a job as a Hermes driver as he has no work due to lockdown. Can’t she do the same, I don’t understand why she would moan and moan about having no money when her life is in her own hands?
This is what baffles me. I understand when her child was small she struggled with childcare or whatever but she's came away from that and he is older now so in theory she could get herself a nice little job in a cafe somewhere from 9-5 he could go to after school club etc.

Reactions: 29
There is alot of false stuff online,. Quite a few celebrities at some time of another have been reported falsely dead etc.

Wasn't there a conspiracy that Avril Lavigne had died a few years ago.

She does really need to stop reading here. I don't get why she would.
Because she knows we know, and she is worried the flying monkeys, I.e her Cash cow’s will find out. She keeps an eye on us so she can try and head us off at the pass, if she thinks we are going to expose her.

Reactions: 27
Because she knows we know, and she is worried the flying monkeys, I.e her Cash cow’s will find out. She keeps an eye on us so she can try and head us off at the pass, if she thinks we are going to expose her.
It's like something out of a James bond.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You can forgive students cos financial education in this country is abysmal, but for someone who’s very likely raked in over half a mil in income over the last decade (and that’s a very generously conservative estimate) it’s pretty sad. What makes it actually immoral is the constant poor fishing & pretending to be surviving on £20 a week, sorry but even if cash is tight right now you’ve got plenty of assets to sell - so it is a choice at the end of the day, not an inescapable hole your followers should help you out of.
The issue is, if she wants to piss her money up the wall and laze about, that’s her choice and nobody’s business, but, she is responsible for a child and she obtains money under false pretences. That is an issue and it needs to be broadcasted

Reactions: 40
I suspect because she is a lazy troglodyte with delusions of grandeur. She’s been living quite happily on the funds from other people’s pockets, and if she worked a proper job how would she be a viable recipient? Plus she’s waiting on that call from Matt Tebutt.

‘Jack, babe. Second series. Time to get to the naughty little duo back together.’
‘I KNEW it.’
The words naughty/cheeky little duo make me feel like I need about ten showers. Naughty/cheeky little duo does to me what went ham does to the rest of the cabal 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
This is what baffles me. I understand when her child was small she struggled with childcare or whatever but she's came away from that and he is older now so in theory she could get herself a nice little job in a cafe somewhere from 9-5 he could go to after school club etc.
The irony is that if she did that, her social media content, reach and engagement would improve drastically as she wouldn't have time to spew bollocks constantly. I know some incredibly talented people who usually make a living performing, but due to the times we are in now, they have had to take on "ordinary" jobs to survive. They haven't been howling and wailing and demanding that random people pay their bills. Everyone else who can, works to earn a reliable income, but obviously J is too special for that.

I mean, she does realise that all these people she rails against (JO, DW, etc) and her exes, her family, actually, you know, WORK for a living and don't just get paid for existing?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The irony is that if she did that, her social media content, reach and engagement would improve drastically as she wouldn't have time to spew bollocks constantly. I know some incredibly talented people who usually make a living performing, but due to the times we are in now, they have had to take on "ordinary" jobs to survive. They haven't been howling and wailing and demanding that random people pay their bills. Everyone else who can, works to earn a reliable income, but obviously J is too special for that.

I mean, she does realise that all these people she rails against (JO, DW, etc) and her exes, her family, actually, you know, WORK for a living and don't just get paid for existing?
So true the majority of the celeb chefs do have working kitchens in resturants they work in at least part time.

The words naughty/cheeky little duo make me feel like I need about ten showers. Naughty/cheeky little duo does to me what went ham does to the rest of the cabal 🤢
Have you been naughty and cheeky, perhaps I should buy you some wet ham? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Perhapss
This may benefit from better analysis from our data experts, but just a little observation 18 hours on from the start of her exchange above. Given the stark and emotive language she used to address a simple, if silly, question, her 7 comments have garnered a total of 10 'likes' from just 6 different individuals.

Based on the figures above, I am beginning to wonder just how many actual and active Jackolytes there are now. Very little sign of support for her woe.
Perhaps they've all drunk the Kool-Aid..

Reactions: 9
The issue is, if she wants to piss her money up the wall and laze about, that’s her choice and nobody’s business, but, she is responsible for a child and she obtains money under false pretences. That is an issue and it needs to be broadcasted
Agreed, it’s an incredibly uncomfortable situation and she should be careful because it’s not only unkind but feels like it’s bordering on illegal. I don’t want to use the word scam as that feels more like... an MLM or those blokes that knock and tell nanas their roof needs doing for £3k, but it definitely feels like sort of acquiring funds through dishonest means. It’s almost like she’s groomed them, or a sort of coercion like in abusive relationships? It’s bizarre. But 289 pay pigs = 0.1% of her Twitter following, so maybe more people know what she’s like?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Exactly this. Because if all Tattle is is 'a hateful little group' then why would you care so much? Why would you read here every day? Why would you write thinly veiled tweets directed at us but never mention us?

If we were so truly off the mark, all the time, you wouldn't.

And deleting huge chunks of your internet output just makes you look like you've got stuff to hide. Which you do. Because you're full of tit and playing at poverty to get people to fund your middle class lifestyle.

(Plenty of my middle class friends rent too Jack, sorry to break it to you)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
This is quite interesting - Jack talking about how she reads all the comments about her because she values constructive criticism.
(ETA it doesn't automatically play, just click on it and it will take you to the video).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Still grunkaing this thread but could someone clarify Jack’s age? I thought she was in her 30s? But the Companies House info has her date of birth as 1978? I’m so confused!!
F0EEB39F-1527-4330-97B7-729BFA162693.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is quite interesting - Jack talking about how she reads all the comments about her because she values constructive criticism.
(ETA it doesn't automatically play, just click on it and it will take you to the video).

So she did as a wind up blog to start. Nice to know the people who "rely" on her recipies are only subjected to them because she was on the windup.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.