Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
£10 for a moisturiser is hardly a stringent budget.
Like go to Aldi and buy their own brand cream. You can get at least 3 pots for a tenner. Stop trying to make people feel sorry for you Jack by pleading poverty over bleeping moisturiser. duck off, and take your leeks on toast with you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
She may or may not have been on a panel assessing their recipes as an advisor to a restaurant. She could quite honestly say she was a part of the team that produced the recipe. But it would be stretching the truth to it's absolute limits.
A few times I've been asked on the street to come into a room do taste testing for (what I can remember) pies, cider and ham [I don't even eat ham, but they were paying a tenner so]. Gonny say I was a paid consultant on all of these items now.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
£10 for a moisturiser is hardly a stringent budget.
Yeah, I usually spend under three quid which gets me something that keeps my skin feeling comfortable because I understand science and how skin works so there's no point lashing out on miracle cures for inevitable ageing and the consequences of your gene pool.

Reactions: 24
She may or may not have been on a panel assessing their recipes as an advisor to a restaurant. She could quite honestly say she was a part of the team that produced the recipe. But it would be stretching the truth to it's absolute limits.
As if Jackie would ever do such a thing 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wouldn’t be surprised if what’s she’s talking about is her getting to sit in on a few of Leon’s recipe testing sessions because she was banging Allegra. Maybe offering an opinion, but not being overly listened to. Certainly not being asked to provide a recipe or make any final decisions.
Also, Allegra ceased being active in Leon a long time before she met our pal (she remains a shareholder) so I even doubt that scenario.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
One of her followers asking her if she has an Amazon wishlist 🙄

Yes, she should set one up while she's swinging in her £400 garden hammock 🙄
Came on here to mention just this! Jesus Christ I cannot believe people are volunteering to send poor old budget Jack moisturiser. Apparently a wish list would feel ‘far too self indulgent’

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Also, Allegra ceased being active in Leon a long time before she met our pal (she remains a shareholder) so I even doubt that scenario.
She does have a penchant for embellishment though.

Probably something like:

JM makes something slop-like. Allegra / random dinner party guest compliments it (no option but to), and says "I can imagine this on the menu in Leon!"

Hundreds of iterations of the story later in JM's mind this becomes:

"I created dishes for half a dozen household name outlets."

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Wonder when Sali Hughes will come with a recommendation while also shoe-horning in about tattle and the vile bullies here?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This was while she was was in Edinburgh in Feb 2019. Louisa was with her but the photos were deleted (holding hands outside the castle). I reckon they were in the aparthotel on George Street that Jack went to during lockdown.
So stretching the truth just the teeeeeniest bit by referring to it as a hotel room.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Nothing wrong with a generic tub of emollient cream. Use that to wash with and you don't even need moisturisers when you've got Psoriasis.

Anyhow, along with most of us who have actual autoimmune shite going on and are genuinely on the vulnerbale lists, I'm off for a flu jab now. Back later to see what further shite has piled up in my absence, fraus!

1601115891168.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She won’t create an amazon wish list because she doesn’t actually want cheap bits, she wants lots of people donating so she can buy nice bits DUH !

Also I appreciate £10 is a lot if you’re on a tight budget but I cannot believe we are seeing a woman who’s spent over a grand on just three items - mirror, scarf, and hammock - complain about £10?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
What snack is she talking about in the 2019 excerpt?
ETA never mind I found it https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2019/03/18/spicy-snack-peas-recipe/
Further ETA - very inventive, Jack 🙄https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/fried-chickpeas
EXCUSE ME! I think that you will find that I invented these 30 years ago but flavoured with curry spices for drinkies nibbles.

Ah tit I know it’s bad form to mock her fans but.....View attachment 255734
Jesus wept

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Re: the high street restaurant consultancy stuff, something in the back of my mind was telling me that I once read (in one of her books I bought before I realised what a bullshit merchant she is) a comment that alluded to her doing recipe development for Nandos (it was something peri-peri related at least).

So I had a quick flick through her two most recent culinary bibles to see if I could find the excerpt...and I couldn't, but I DID unwittingly come across a description of her essentially having an orgasm when sucking anchovy butter off her fingers for the first time.

No need to thank me for that mental image.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.