Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how the book is coming on? At the risk of...šŸ”ŗšŸ”ŗšŸ”ŗ, part of my job involves dealing with academics who .....write books. They can take years to finish one properly researched title. But... Jackie can churn out more guff whilst twatting around on twitter all day.
I still can't believe that she uses wikipedia for researching a supposedly serious, hard hitting book on politics, economics and social policy. I don't even let my teenagers use wikipedia for essays. Why would a political commentator of her exalted caliber use wikipedia? Maybe the miraculous burberry scarf has restricted blood flow to her brain? I and the other political prisoners are very disappointed in her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
If this is true that she was consulted in the past by a fast food ā€˜restaurantā€™ chain and therefore her recipes are out in the wild and being eaten by the unsuspecting few, by chain does she mean Broadmoor, Maidstone, Holloway, etc.? Personally, I havenā€™t been to prison or hospital recently, so think Iā€™m safe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I still can't believe that she uses wikipedia for researching a supposedly serious, hard hitting book on politics, economics and social policy. I don't even let my teenagers use wikipedia for essays. Why would a political commentator of her exalted caliber use wikipedia? Maybe the miraculous burberry scarf has restricted blood flow to her brain? I and the other political prisoners are very disappointed in her.
How can one be sure it isn't biased. Her standpoint on the elite is biased in my opinion she seems to really dislike them.

To write something political one has to address the issues yet remain neutral to appeal to the entire demographic.

Reactions: 14
I actually think she may have been duped. Imagine JO or nigella giving up some recipies to a chain restaurant for them to be told, ssshhh don't tell anyone. It's a bit cheeky of the chain and she deserves the credit with her name attached in my opinion. If indeed they had used her recipies.
I wouldnā€™t be surprised if whatā€™s sheā€™s talking about is her getting to sit in on a few of Leonā€™s recipe testing sessions because she was banging Allegra. Maybe offering an opinion, but not being overly listened to. Certainly not being asked to provide a recipe or make any final decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Do you know what Frausters (and Herrsters obviously, weā€™re all inclusive here) I made a Quorn mince stew (nicer than it sounds) yesterday and I added a tin of UNRINSED baked beans to it and it finished the dish of a treat AND it didnā€™t look anything like the tit you make, so suck on that Jack you massive twit.
This sounds wonderful, do you have a recipe?

Reactions: 12
I know this has been mentioned a million times but HOW has NO ONE from her past ever come out and said: ā€œYou absolute lying toad, that never happened!ā€?!

Surely there is one person sheā€™s been to school with, worked with, an ex friend (she sure as hell doesnā€™t have any current ones), past dates, a neighbour etc. Itā€™s actually like sheā€™s just been created as a character... she has just appeared out of nowhere with only a handful of people who have mixed with her: close family members and Mrs J x 3?!?

Weird to the point of creepy IMO.
super injunction? Or more likely, she is too irrelevant for them to take any notice of.

And with the exes. Probably think it is wise to keep on her good side.

Reactions: 12
Maybe when she was with Allegra and they were, I donā€™t know, recipe testing. Perhaps Jack suggested ā€˜needs plenty of black pepperā€™ and Allegra agreed. Perhaps she thinks this counts as being a brand/recipe consultant?

And if it was somewhere like Pret, I canā€™t see they would want to be associated with her. Look at her output, rinsed beans, peaches in curry. It would jar with the Pret brand. And she is a loose cannon. Look how quickly Sainsburyā€™s dropped her after the comment about Cameronā€™s son. If you want to get on in the media/celeb world you have to keep your gob shut.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
"Half a dozen household name outlets" that sell her concoctions.

Ok, maybe she does mean Leon, but we are missing the fact that she says half a dozen, so we need another five!

Unless she means half a dozen branches of Leon ... Jackie's vague wording strikes again.

ETA: maybe she is including Greggs since she invented vegan steak bakes :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ewww. And also why? Why would you want to cook and eat in a hotel room? Why not go out to eat? Surely the point of being away is to be a bit more treaty with going out and eating in new places?
Mr Fliv works for a hotel co. They frequently have to tell people NOT to cook in their rooms. Some bring mini ovens and camping stoves to prep full three course meals in their rooms especially those working away long term.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
My body of work, I'm hooting!

The only reason she isn't named on her collaborations could be that they were rubbish, and quickly reformulated. If she's the big name she thinks she is they would have put her name all over them.

Recipe development is a science, and could never be left to a maverick who just chucks things in, sometimes this stuff can take months

• Haha
Reactions: 30
PLEASE is one of you wonderful Fraus doing a spreadsheet of what the food she eats this week ACTUALLY costs?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm gonna pause my catch-up and get sentimental for a second.

If a second lockdown does end up happening, it will be crappy. I'm sure a lot of us will battle with our mental health as much as we did during the first one, if not more because WINTER.

But this little group is amazing and you all make me squawk laugh every single day.

When you're not really seeing friends and family it's an absolute godsend and one of the reasons why I get so crotchety when people say all Tattle is, is a 'bullying hate site'.

This year I've been here more than ever and that's entirely down to all of you.

Now duck off x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
I suppose she *could* have brought some sort of camping stove thing to the hotel room but that's hardly going to be fire safe either...
Has she... taken one of her ridiculous flat lay backgrounds with her? God, she's so pathetic.
This was while she was was in Edinburgh in Feb 2019. Louisa was with her but the photos were deleted (holding hands outside the castle). I reckon they were in the aparthotel on George Street that Jack went to during lockdown.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
How can one be sure it isn't biased. Her standpoint on the elite is biased in my opinion she seems to really dislike them.
She dislikes them, but loves to hang out with them in fancy bars, restaurants and political conferences. She likes to entertain them (or did when she was dating the millionaire Allegra) and sucks up to them on SM. She really is a puzzle.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
super injunction? Or more likely, she is too irrelevant for them to take any notice of.
Don'tšŸ”ŗme but I was at school/uni/have worked with a few famouses in my time and they have been known to do a good enough job of making an arse of themselves in the tabloids/on Twitter/whatevs without any of the rest of us needing to help.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

If a second lockdown does end up happening, it will be crappy. I'm sure a lot of us will battle with our mental health as much as we did during the first one, if not more because WINTER.

But this little group is amazing and you all make me squawk laugh every single day.

When you're not really seeing friends and family it's an absolute godsend and one of the reasons why I get so crotchety when people say all Tattle is, is a 'bullying hate site'.

Now duck off x
Me too! I spent way too much time on here in lockdown, well I thought it was too much time but looking back it made me laugh everyday and I got some good tips about books, podcasts, tv shows etc...

I did take a break when I went back to work, I tried to stay away although I did keep up with reading, thinking I was wasting time on here...but am back and realised itā€™s been a hilarious supportive little pocket of fun through the last few challenging months.

I just want to organise #tattlefest for 2021. A great big celebration of women actually bloody supporting women and not just using them to flog tat to and get dopamine hit likes from.

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Now duck off x
I concur most vigorously.

Youā€™re all so fabulously witty and intelligent. Iā€™ve been super busy and stressed with work and tucking into these threads never fails to make me HOOT and is a much needed escape from the real world xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Now duck off x
I actually just want to second this. You donā€™t know how much you lot have kept me going in recent weeks, even though I donā€™t chip in much - I found here after getting suss about both Sali Hughes and Jack You Very Much Matt Jack Matt Jack. You guys keep me sane (and laughing) when most of the time Iā€™d rather not exist.

So thankyou and POBP from me.
Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.