Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope she doesn't have any Australian followers, 'Rooting' means shagging in 'Strayan and gives that sentence a whole new meaning........
I messaged a Scottish colleague a few months back and told them I’d put in so much weight that 20 firemen would have to winch me the through the roof. She was hysterical. I didn’t know why then, but I do now. The whole of the Scottish office do too.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
"As a youth, I used to weep in butchers' shops"

You can have that one for free next time you're cosplaying veganism, Mackie.
Didn’t she buy coronation chicken and chips with her bus fare and scoop it up with her fingers, prior to her 70 mile walk home with her detested brother? Asking for a friend.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I'm going to have a guess at the photoshoot being for one of those companies that clean the bins for takeaways with high-pressure hoses.
She'll have collected the runoff in a bowl, laid mismatched cutlery across it and added the caption, "Bin Juice, SB declares it his favourite!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think it means one tube of puree is the equivalent to 8 cans of tinned tomatoes if you mix the puree with stock and vinegar.

ETA So 25g puree/350ml of stock + vinegar = 1 400g tin of tomatoes (In Jackamel Land)
Thank you! No wonder I couldn't comprehend ... what in the name of GOD is she blabbering about!!! Just no!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To be fair, my teen son, who is like a big, hirsute toddler at the moment, came out to me at about 4.30pm, wrapped in a blanket, saying he needed FOOD as he hadn't eaten ALL DAY 🙄 and was practically fainting off. So he had his dinner early. Maybe SB is coming home from school hungry? (See how generous I can be 😉)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Well I'm watching ina garten and loving every moment of it! She truly enjoys what she cooks, and I can testify that her recipes are dead easy (and they're not that expensive to make, and they serve lots of people)
If she married m night shyamalan she could be Ina night Garten

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Oooh I love Ina Garten and Jeffrey. All that budder and 'erbs. And her lovely friend who comes to dress the table. Very soothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.