Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's doing that thing where she comes to a cultural trend late... a while ago people were making jokes along the lines of not knowing what a bra is after several months of full lockdown.
As usual with Jack it's unfunny, laboured and unconvincing because she goes out all the time, did DKL and Hellmans during lockdown, etc. Makes no sense.
Yep, that was around April/May wasn't it? 😂 When a lot of people couldn't physically work as everything was shut.

I mean, wearing a bra or not shouldn't really be a focus when, um.........hair?! What will she do, as she obviously hates what she's done with it!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Her Patreon seems like an utter scam, esp when compared with the content you can get from other people.
To be honest I don't know who on earth would bother after the Kickstarter debacle but even if they are gullible, doesn't mean they deserve to be taken for a ride.

Reactions: 17
Forgive me if I’m wrong but if she was so bothered about food poverty, wouldn’t she have all this information already? Having to go back 11 years into Hansard doesn’t really look like she has given a monkey’s duck for quite a while. #justsaying
Anyone can search Hansard online. If this is just going to be a big list of Hansard quotes, and regurgitated bits of info she’s trawled from the web, what actually is the effing point?
If this is the level of research she’s doing less than 3 weeks before she has to hand the book in, the result is going to be an absolute shitshow. This is the kind of thing you give to a junior assistant or intern (even a summer vacation student) to do at the very preliminary stages of the project.
It’s not like she has the expertise or critical thinking skills to craft anything out of this info (unlike the many many academics, front-line workers, charity campaigners etc. who are vastly more qualified than her on the subject matter). She is only interested in how she can make it all about her.
This is looking like a hugely misguided vanity project.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
59197721-BC59-4859-8E5B-A1B32C91ABC4.jpeg

This is me doing the Savage dance on the court steps, classy, bougie, ratchet. Just think of it as a riff on the embattled mice of the blackberry bush, or any of the other anthropomorphised creatures our dear heart scampering Jackie comes across on a day to day basis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Yup... 32DD/30E and late 20s gal here. They're still relatively perky (not to sound smug... I know this will change in time and am fine with it!) but I still feel so uncomfortable when I don't wear a bra for an extended period of time! You get under boob sweat and aches and tbh they'd just get in the way! Plus the jiggles and visible nipples (we're all pals here) would make me really self conscious if I was braless outdoors! It's gravity having an effect day in and out innit. Throughout lockdown I lived in highly supportive M&S sports bras when I didn't feel like wearing a 'proper bra' - but always had some reasonable amount of support going on.

No shade to ladies who don't wear bras. But don't like the smug attitude that people like Mackie have about it all.
No, zero smugness. I personally think smaller boobs are the best, and would love to not need to wear a bra.

Just another one of Jack’s strange ‘facts’ about herself that doesn’t quite add up 😑 attention seeking again.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
16! We've passed the point of print outs from Gov.uk

This would be the kind of research you would do at the start of a project, before it had even been commissioned. Not two weeks before you've gotta hand something in. Doesn't exactly scream thorough, does it?
If I were the publisher, I’d be very concerned about this “book”. I doubt they will have the budget for a full fact check on this. It has the potential to be a huge embarrassment for them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The bra attention seeking tweet has disproportionality annoyed me. She might as well have placards made with 'I have tits' and 'I have a fanny' on them.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Just took a quick peek at her patreon. Looks like there's been no real exclusive content on there since early August; there was a post earlier in Sept, but it looks like a basic update about postcards being in the post. Her $4 a month tier promises discount codes :rolleyes:, plus access to the exclusive content, so those on that tier aren't receiving much for their pledge this month. As a comparison, I pay $4 a month to subscribe to a podcast which has put out two hour long, researched patreon-only episodes in September alone.

You’d think she could have at least chucked them one of her famed “poems”. Or an edited nude even, she seems desperate for an audience for those.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
sketch-1600959876627.png

RAPIDLY rounding tummy? Is she... Preggo?? 🤯

Or did she scoff all four portions of lardy tuna??

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
36dd and has been gifted R&P bras? <Sure Jan.gif>
For starters, R&P would properly measure and she Is nowhere near that size.
Also for all the bigger busted ladies here
Molke bras are the dogs bollocks, I'll never go back to nasty underwire and scaffolding again
DAD89B7C-8AD7-4D4A-8205-313FCCE9FFF1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.