Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so sorry that innocent people like Brenda (and myself) are conned into attempting Jack's recipes because people are publishing her and putting her on TV, even though the results are both horrifying and hilarious. Don't think it's ok to share Brenda's profile pics though, step too far for me

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I am so sorry that innocent people like Brenda (and myself) are conned into attempting Jack's recipes because people are publishing her and putting her on TV, even though the results are both horrifying and hilarious. Don't think it's ok to share Brenda's profile pics though, step too far for me
Fair enough, she’s public but I’ve deleted that.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Fair enough, she’s public but I’ve deleted that.
Appreciate that, poor old Brend prob has enough to deal with, what with the aftermath of the prolapsed sausages. Besides, we don't wanna give Cack any excuse to shout bullies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
😳 someone earlier said their mum gets the tit frozen sausages to feed foxes...suddenly there’s a fox in Jack’s house 😳 eurgh I’ve got that creepy feeling HTRIA gets about her bleurgh
😂 her giving me the heeby jeebies as I read these threads alone in the middle of the night is what #influenced me to sort my back curtains out !

Imagine Jack popping round and you’ve not even got any biscuits or eyelids in? Mortifying x

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Friends. It is with a heavy heart that I share this from the moonshine recipe:

First preheat your oven to 190C, and pop your sausages in a roasting tin. Place them on the middle shelf, and cook for 40 minutes. They release a good amount of fat, so it’s not necessary to add any more to the roasting tin as it’s – for want of a better term – gratuitously self-lubricating.

40 minutes? 😱 those sausages would be incinerated, the fat would burn

• Haha
Maybe it’s cos I love telly but another thing I find really weird about jack is I’ve never really seen her tweet about massive tv shows everyone else is watching? (Apart from to snark at supermarket sweep!)

My whole timeline was full of GBBO tonight - so weird she doesn’t watch/ join in. Huge cultural moments she doesn’t seem part of - line of duty etc.
Tattle is Jack’s inspiration station! 🤡🤣 Hi Jack, I bet you’d love to be pals with this smart and funny cabal 🥰 NOW duck OFF x

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She is actually pretty tackless in her tweets to people, my dad died of cancer more than likely lifestyle related. I don't think he was sitting in his final days going ok this is tit, but oh well. he knew is lifestyle was to blame but he still wished he had made better choices.

He was actually pretty devastated to be told he had six months to live as he was only in his fifties and had alot of living still to do.

She can be quite heartless in her little thoughtless comments.

Sorry I had to edit his age as I put it wrong as I was upset.
The ‘live for today and shovel whatever tit you want into your body’ ethos is pretty appalling from someone who’s meant to be making delicious, nutritious, low budget recipes for people who are barely scraping by. I’m so sorry to hear of all of your losses, Fraus. I lost one of my best mates to the big C very recently (especially brutal in these times), he left us far too young. I can’t really say much more about it because I’m struggling massively with the grief, but my big old hairy heart goes out to you all.

Also....wtf was that bowel glue she served with the sausages?? Polenta and instant mash? Isn’t she meant to be part Irish? Ffs, buy a POTATO, woman. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Tattle is Jack’s inspiration station! 🤡🤣 Hi Jack, I bet you’d love to be pals with this smart and funny cabal 🥰 NOW duck OFF x
It’s so cringe how she tries to make a joke but gets it wrong. It’s hardly foreshadowing when Boris is currently making such a mess.

Bet she’s desperate to be on HIGNFY.

• Haha
1. Allegra’s kitchen makes me shudder. So much clutter.

2. Do breadcrumbs belong on top of a lasagne? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 37
At least the butter in that film got a better ending than ending up in one of Mackies recipes 😲
The postman probably approaches the door like the one in Keeping up Appearances, but petrified that JM will have made him something to eat

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry to hear of all your losses Fraus, particularly hard in these awful times x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Found this in the comments under her 'ultimate lasagne' recipe. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 06.53.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 06.55.45.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 07.01.38.png

Excuses, excuses.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.