Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to know if Jack has ever truly been called out by a friend. Seems like everyone enables her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
3 points on that recipe:

1) 5 a day portions are indeed 80g, not 70. It's also very odd for a writer to specify 210g onion or carrots without clarifying that for people who don't own kitchen scales (the poor?). 1 large onion (approx 200g) for example.

2) She tells us to give the carrots a good gentle scrub. Is this Jack's fastest contradiction ever? It's a contradiction in just 11 characters!

3) She waxes lyrical about how she's a greedy goblin who loves salt. Jack you lying toad, you literally did not use salt ever until Allegra introduced you to it. You have made BREAD without salt in the past. You have no palate in that ouchy mouth of yours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Something not right about this recipe. I can see a piece of celery in the photo but it's not listed as an ingredient? Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me.
I loathe to defend Jack but I think that the celery-looking stuff is a chard stalk from that microscopic addition of leafy veg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Something not right about this recipe. I can see a piece of celery in the photo but it's not listed as an ingredient? Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me.
It may be a chard stem? But really, who could ever tell with Jack's cooking. She's an unreliable narrator and an unreliable recipe writer.

Sorry, @blurstoftimes beat me to it!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She claims to have been a trainee pharmacist back in the day, so I think it's already on the list!
No such as a trainee pharmacist! You need to go to university for a degree then sit professional exams before you can call yourself one. You can work in a pharmacy but you would be a dispenser/technician.

me and my sad facts will duck off now, thanks Matt very Matt much

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think we can all see where Jack’s going, mother and son cooking videos all driven by his ~passion for eating solids and her passion for cash. Cartoon filter to protect his privacy even though she’s out here tweeting about his underpants & bodily fluids.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Its like she's some kind of cartoonish villain who hates food and has an evil master plan to deprive the world of delicious recipes so we can all be as miserable as she is

You have helped me work out where she is heading with the animation. She is seeking a Hollywood collaboration with Pixar, and has pitched an idea to them where she heads into people's kitchens while they sleep, and extracts all of the joy and flavour from the contents. It will be called Monroesters Inc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
How is she "monitoring" the alcohol content of the kombucha? Drinking as much as she can and seeing if she can still stand up? Also whisky isn't fizzy the last time I looked.
I wondered that too. Then I realised, she must have used her changing room powers to create a testing facility of laboratory standard.

You have helped me work out where she is heading with the animation. She is seeking a Hollywood collaboration with Pixar, and has pitched an idea to them where she heads into people's kitchens while they sleep, and extracts all of the joy and flavour from the contents. It will be called Monroesters Inc.
Brilliant!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
With tongue firmly in (Ulcerated) cheek.. Kombucha? Kvass? Whatever we are calling it, will no one think of the 'Cultural Appropriation?!'

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s not costed the rice in that recipe either. She probably should if it’s supposed to be part of a budget series.

Reactions: 17
No such as a trainee pharmacist! You need to go to university for a degree then sit professional exams before you can call yourself one. You can work in a pharmacy but you would be a dispenser/technician.

me and my sad facts will duck off now, thanks Matt very Matt much
Yes! Pharmacy is a degree course. Jack has only set foot in a university to collect her honorary doctorate.

I actually missed this claim that she’d been a trainee pharmacist 😄 Did this come about when she was taking photos of pills in a pill box?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Has she forgotten about her ouchy teeth? Don’t think she’s mentioned it yet today.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.