Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pan frying sausages stresses her..... *Insert any head exploding gif* she stresses me!!!!!!You slit them and drop them in a pan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Jack and her harebrained schemes. It's a batch of rotten fecking hooch. Nothing irritates me more than the people who reply to her and encourage the endless shite, though.

I'm being inspired by my favourite ever Tattle thread title (MOD- the one about the pink jumpsuit, clumpy boot), but humour me a terrible rhyming thread title suggestion

#76 Jacket too butch, unruly cooch, forget it all with a glass of rotten teabag hooch
That was my thread title!! I am ridiculously pleased by this comment.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I love love love Whisky...most single malts are vastly different to each other, depending on the water, barley, distillery process etc. A whisky connoisseur could easily tell you exactly which distillery each one is from.

To say that her ghastly concoction bears any resemblance to Whisky is laughable! Gets right up my goat!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
90 per cent vegan LARD
Risking an over-invested post from the past <woooo!> but i can kind of see the (admittedly) tenuous rationale behind this.

Those of us that habitually cook from scratch are fully behind the idea that fat/dripping adds flavour to a stew that can never be exactly approximated with "plant-based" ingredients, no matter how fancy. Dripping and saved animal fats are the essential backbone of the kind of peasant cooking i *think* she's trying to hack (in her current incarnation). A diet consisting of 90% "plant-based" (aka plants!) and 10% animal based (especially if that animal is a pig, but that's heading into Goode Life/HFW territory that JM wouldn't feel safe treading, IMHO) is moving in the right direction...

So by providing 10% animal fat she reckon's she's cracked it. Except the animal fat should ideally be from a free range/high welfare animal, and preferably anointed by herbs and/or spices eg. bay or rosemary, as it would if it was leftover from a roast, eked out over the week, in traditional peasant fashion.

Jack wishes buying a block of fun-price lard is a shortcut to those types of depth of flavour.

<Hint> It's not :(

Sorry, I got massively too interested in food then <slaps self back to consciousness> meanwhile, what wild-lard-chase is JM embroiled in, and do you have receipts???

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Another courgette lover here (innuendo. Get it, get it???). They are not smokey, unless you put them on a bbq or add liquid smoke. The same could be said for any other vegetable. They also don't caramelise, as they are very high in water, but not sugar (unlike onions or starchy veg). She really is utterly clueless.

Courgettes are great for two separate reasons. Either you use them in recipes for their freshness and because they cook quickly (the pasta dish you describe, or a stir fry or maybe a frittata) or you add them for added bulk without many calories (soups, stews, etc). Courgettes are no ones go to veg for smokiness and caramelisation.
This is exactly how I use them, they are great for what they can do!

Her attempt to be maverick about ingredients is just utter bollocks. *Insert Tom Cruise gif here. It is so bloody annoying she gets away with this crap.

Today’s recipe has been published! Also what are autumnal herbs? If you are teaching people to cook tell them what to use and cost them. And I get annoyed by the pennies spent on ingredients when you can’t buy that amount of ingredient!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Pan frying sausages stresses her..... *Insert any head exploding gif* she stresses me!!!!!!You slit them and drop them in a pan.
But should she add them to a cold pan? A hot pan? We’ve seen the way she cooks onions. No wonder she gets stressed.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
"there might be casserole left"

Can we report her for terroritistic threats?

<This is a lighthearted remark and JMHO, m'lud>

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Banging down her finger gracelessly on the same key of her piano forever and ever.
ETA ffs I just gave myself the creeps, it'll be nightmares tonight.
That's what we need to do come Halloween.

Spooky Jack stories around the cabal fire 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I love love love Whisky...most single malts are vastly different to each other, depending on the water, barley, distillery process etc. A whisky connoisseur could easily tell you exactly which distillery each one is from.

To say that her ghastly concoction bears any resemblance to Whisky is laughable! Gets right up my goat!!!
We need to add "whiskey taster" to her list of jobs / talents. She says she could identify 30 of them like it's an achievement - which says it all really!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I like quorn sausages. They are nice in a casserole and sort of soak up flavours. We were mainly vegetarian at home. A chicken occasionally when one of our layers died. Skinny little thing that I loved. I just never fancied eating meat at all. Working on farms was a necessary thing to bring money in but not for me. I picked potatoes and helped with lambing.
But when my life went terribly wrong I ate anything I could. Before food banks or anything for people on their own in a violent abusive marriage. No refuges for women without children unless you paid £300 a week rent. Before rent caps, HB was how refuges made money. When people say oh, I would rather starve than eat meat. You haven’t actually been starving. Being hospitalised with malnutrition takes a good while of having so little. In awful gnawing persistent hunger.
Luxury is having a choice. I eat so well now on a pension, because I have the security of knowing it’s coming in. I can budget. I feel for all those lovely folks who give to Mack. Deluded. Foolish. Whatever, it’s immoral. The constant begging.
You can all duck off now x

• Heart
Reactions: 66
She’s disappearing back down a writing hole now while necking sainsburys basics teabag kombucha. She also had to gloat about being able to recognise 20 whisky brands and updated her sober count to nearly 20 months.

ETA - Read it again, she thinks her bastardised concoction tastes like a ‘good, peaty scottish isles whisky’ and is congratulating herself on being the only person who has pulled off making alcohol free whisky.

🤔
:rolleyes: :c'mon admin: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
This is exactly how I use them, they are great for what they can do!

Her attempt to be maverick about ingredients is just utter bollocks. *Insert Tom Cruise gif here. It is so bloody annoying she gets away with this crap.

Today’s recipe has been published! Also what are autumnal herbs? If you are teaching people to cook tell them what to use and cost them. And I get annoyed by the pennies spent on ingredients when you can’t buy that amount of ingredient!
Defrost the sausages? I thought she cooked them from frozen.

Also it absolutely turned my stomach when she said that baking the sausages kept them juicy. Thanks love but i'll pass on eyelid and bollock juice.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.