Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As this is going in her book I reckon it’s fair game.
Enjoy!
Homogenous mush. Yummy!
I know we’ve moved on from this but I can’t let it go. I grow my own veg so a couple of courgette plants each year (each plant produces hundreds) makes me somewhat of an expert. I like courgettes, particularly with tomatoes and olives and pasta. I would never describe them as smokey. Am I doing something wrong?

Also I have tried alcohol free wine, it tastes like the sugar syrup that goes in a cheap cola, she drinks 17p coke so probably enjoys the sugar coating shite that masquerades as red wine.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack and her harebrained schemes. It's a batch of rotten fecking hooch. Nothing irritates me more than the people who reply to her and encourage the endless shite, though.

I'm being inspired by my favourite ever Tattle thread title (MOD- the one about the pink jumpsuit, clumpy boot), but humour me a terrible rhyming thread title suggestion

#76 Jacket too butch, unruly cooch, forget it all with a glass of rotten teabag hooch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
[QUOTE="Harrybosch, post: 2432599, member: 716
Now duck off, with all your logic and reason before I get peripatetic on yo ass.
[/QUOTE]

FTFY

• Haha
Reactions: 14
As I'm hippity hoppiting through this thread I would like to point out that adding stuffing mix to the casserole will make it go slimy

Yum yum
I do believe that was exactly the effect she was going for. The evidence speaks for itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Mirror confession:

I have one of those ones that you plug in and has lights around it, cos I wanted to feel like a 50s movie star.

I never use it because it has a 7x magnification bit on it and I'm not emotionally strong enough to see myself that close up 😳
Mirror confession #2. I have a Hollywood mirror. Thankfully with no magnification or WIFI 😬.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just grunkaing but can I nominate @crystaleyesd quote ‘sounds like a broken extractor fan’ or the whole thing: ‘same fuckin story & sounds like a broken extractor fan’ as a contender for next thread title?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is anyone else having another one of those days where they’re getting a LOT of notifications from liked posts across the JM threads?

In the words of @MancBee / haunted horror movie children... they walk amongst us, our silent ever watching fraus x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Oooh. It does look delicious! He did make a point of saying he'd tested it with veggie sausages, I noted.
I love watching his shows, although we’re a vegan household I always take something from his recipes and tips. Several of his new dishes have been very easy to veganise, the cauliflower cheese pasta was lovely too.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oooh. It does look delicious! He did make a point of saying he'd tested it with veggie sausages, I noted.
THAT MAN is obviously not as good a cook as Jack because he tests his recipes, inhouse and outside, and she gets it perfectly gross first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know we’ve moved on from this but I can’t let it go. I grow my own veg so a couple of courgette plants each year (each plant produces hundreds) makes me somewhat of an expert. I like courgettes, particularly with tomatoes and olives and pasta. I would never describe them as smokey. Am I doing something wrong?

Also I have tried alcohol free wine, it tastes like the sugar syrup that goes in a cheap cola, she drinks 17p coke so probably enjoys the sugar coating shite that masquerades as red wine.
Another courgette lover here (innuendo. Get it, get it???). They are not smokey, unless you put them on a bbq or add liquid smoke. The same could be said for any other vegetable. They also don't caramelise, as they are very high in water, but not sugar (unlike onions or starchy veg). She really is utterly clueless.

Courgettes are great for two separate reasons. Either you use them in recipes for their freshness and because they cook quickly (the pasta dish you describe, or a stir fry or maybe a frittata) or you add them for added bulk without many calories (soups, stews, etc). Courgettes are no ones go to veg for smokiness and caramelisation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
She's lost about 100 followers in the past 3 hours alone. Keep tweetin', Jack 👍

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I bleeping hate the way she uses the word “scampering “. Makes me cringe.
Babe, same.

She says it because she thinks it's cute and funny but I read it and picture her typing, looking at the post with her beady shark eyes, self-satisfied.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I read it and picture her typing, looking at the post with her beady shark eyes, self-satisfied.
Banging down her finger gracelessly on the same key of her piano forever and ever.
ETA ffs I just gave myself the creeps, it'll be nightmares tonight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.