Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sausages thing just shows how out of touch she is. The problem isn't that they contain "bollocks and eyelids", the problem is a) those were not happy pigs and b) they are 68% water and assorted filler.
Absolutely agree. If someone has fallen off the vegan wagon (which I am not going to criticise her for in this instance), then the least I would expect is that person to buy ethically sourced meat products. Value sausages and cheap sliced chicken do not fall under that heading.

That summary was brilliant @Pocahontas and has topped this Sunday off in fabulous style.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
You know. I was thinking about what Jack's alt account reminded me of and its my ex from my stupid teenage years. He was a raging narc and was convinced he'd be a famous artist. Anyway he set up an alt deviant art account and talked to himself on it, like it was two artists talking and then he made a new email account and sent me an email pretending to be a long lost friend that I couldn't remember (real dick level gas lighting) but he forgot when he made his new email to use a different name. So literally I got a message from my ex with his actual name on the email pretending to be someone else.

Anyway. Strongly reminded of that moment today. Thanks for the lols, Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
She obviously made herself known to L and a few other of her regular tweeters judging by their responses to the peeky mink account. How addicted do you have to be to Twitter to do this? And for what? Can't just text them? All the while her lowly followers are all wondering where the feck she's gone. Absolute mooncat

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She obviously made herself known to L and a few other of her regular tweeters judging by their responses to the peeky mink account. How addicted do you have to be to Twitter to do this? And for what? Can't just text them? All the while her lowly followers are all wondering where the feck she's gone. Absolute mooncat
Yes! And why aren’t L or family/other friends suggesting that might not be the healthiest thing for her. I think they enable her because they are scared of the consequences if they do not.

Reactions: 35
What a day for us nasty ninny’s (ninnies?) this has got to be the second best day for the cabal surely? (Obv thread 31 being the best!)

I’m off to sleep, can’t wait to see what treats are awaiting for the week ahead!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes! And why aren’t L or family/other friends suggesting that might not be the healthiest thing for her. I think they enable her because they are scared of the consequences if they do not.
Probably she's the kind of person just to cut you out from her life immediately and vengefully. She needs help and probably bullies and guilts the people around her to enable her fantasies further.

Reactions: 11
Say this ethical food book is actually commissioned - ignoring the fact that nothing in her previous output would make her a good spokesperson for this cause - who the duck would read that book? If you're someone who has to buy the cheapest meat because of no other options she'll just tell you to eat wet ham. If you can afford more ethical choices and choose not to, someone with no expertise in the field is hardly who you'll turn to for advice.

It's one thing that she doesn't seem to know who she really is. It's somehow even worse her publisher isn't trying to help her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Apparently, Govt guidelines say that the minimum amount of meat that a meat sausage must contain is 32%. So these Asda things contain the absolute minimum. They cannot be labelled as “pork sausages” as they would have to have a minimum of 42% pork (which they don’t).
Of the 32% meat, up to 25% of that can be fat and up to 25% can be connective tissue. So these sausages could have as little as 16% actual meat.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Probably she's the kind of person just to cut you out from her life immediately and vengefully. She needs help and probably bullies and guilts the people around her to enable her fantasies further.
I think if someone blocked her or stopped speaking to her it would drive her absolutely mad, that’s when the real Jack comes out. I have a feeling Louisa did it when they first split and that’s where all of the chaos came from as she wasn’t in control of the situation.

But on the other hand, if she doesn’t want someone in her life, she’d be quite happy to block them as it means she’s in control. But like the person that ghosted me, they always reappear and unblock as they think that you can’t survive without them and that Jack is gracing them with her presence and time. It’s quite pathetic that’s the way she thinks, but I can guarantee it’s bang on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
When my child was younger and would eat sausages (and I don’t like them) I just to just buy a very small quantity of good quality ones.
Or she could just do the recipe with better ones with the price of cheaper ones as part of the recipe. She doesn’t have to make her son eat tit ones, or does she, so she can pretend she’s poor again?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The thing that gets me about her is her class distinction to the upper classes. She has such hatred for the rich people who by her definition have it cushty because they earn so much and have fancy cars and big houses( owned) while she rents on her own "meagre" wage packet.

She seems to forget that she is actually the one who has it cushty. She is able to work from home and spend time with her kid and talk into the echo chamber they it twitter. She can clock off when she likes, work whatever days she likes etc.

Whereas the people she sees as the rich or politician types and CEOs etc dont have it so easy they often work all hours, yes they have fancy things but they miss out on their wives and kids and just general living that she takes for granted because she is still able to enjoy these things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Is there a way to know how many people/individual accounts view Jack’s threads?

I’m so curious to know if we have more lurkers on top of the regular posters and how many of us there are. Really wish I could do a head count.

Like if you lurk!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.