Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just remembered that if she’d have cooked this last week it would have been posted using a cartoon filter to protect her safety .

I think I’d have rather she had put a filter on that slop!

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
A most enjoyable post work Grunka!

I am baffled by this too. Everything is brown. Brown. Brown. Brown.

Reactions: 23
I'm mostly a silent comrade but have posted in the past. Unfortunately I've been BUSY. But back to tell the fraus I love their work.
Now fuck off!

Reactions: 47
Deceased. It’s like spot the lie.

So which one is it Jack, your circumstances are better so you can afford to buy better food, or you desperately need to budget so yesterday bought £1 sausages?

And then the best bit, “I feel guilty about using too many ingredients in one dish” yet you’ve just put 15 in a dish that resembles something a dog would throw up?

To think this was wrote and published ten days ago.

All I have to say following this is...

Reactions: 50
A toastie is as solid as it gets. Now fuck off dear heart, she's BUSY

Reactions: 37
I saw that mirror and ordered a little one off amazon. £12! With lights and everything. I'm so stoked but feel a bit guilty as I've been putting off buying my son some more lego for around £18 and I need more shoes. But £300!!! When she's got a kid? And whines about not buying a house all day and night? Fuck off you ignorant, entitled shit. (that's directed to Jack btw and not you BDBA). I know she's here.

Reactions: 29
I wonder about that too. Presumably when you’re commissioned you sign a contract in which you agree to provide a specific project. If you provide something different, you’ve breached the contract so I guess you don’t get paid.
I also wonder what Jack was thinking when she offered payment for people’s stories for her poverty book. Whose money? The publisher’s? Cos I don’t think they’d have been very happy about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Has she a grill. I tend to cook my sausages in the grill. Frying them in lard sounds horrendous to me. They are already quite fatty so frying them lard makes my teeth itch.

Reactions: 17
I actually think she does a real disservice to the poor. She is constantly used as an example of how you can eat on a cheap budget. But it’s all brown slop. Don’t eat anything nice or with meat or real fucking potatoes.
It’s like, here’s some gruel, fuck off....

Reactions: 40
I thought she said yesterday that the sausages would be cooked in a casserole to add flavour (can't remember exact words sorry)

Reactions: 26
Just subtly steering the narrative to explain away her many, many high-end possessions. - They were *all* purchased in the small amount of time that she was sharing outgoings, of course!
Doesn't Louisa want any of the stuff they bought while they were together? Normally you divide your possessions when you split up! Has L just LEFT with nary a sideboard or a chair to sit on, poor lassie?

Reactions: 34
The sausages were done in the crappy electric oven
Value sausages usually come out hollow when baked. All the fat just runs out.

Reactions: 33
Has she a grill. I tend to cook my sausages in the grill. Frying them in lard sounds horrendous to me. They are already quite fatty so frying them lard makes my teeth itch.
She said she finds frying sausages disproportionately stressful, so she roasts them instead.

Reactions: 28
She doesn’t live in a bungalow, it a bloody tardis! who could squeeze in an extra sofa at the drop of a hat.?

Reactions: 19
Sounds like you need a ruddy big hug

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.