Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s tweeting again. About panic buying, which I thought all the boffins said not to do as it sets the ball rolling for more people to do it. Ffs Jack. Also, so worried for her safety she tells the world and his wife she’s in Asda.
On a grunka but just popping in to say this I think this is so irresponsible. In March one of our town FB groups was full of people posting photos just like this - I asked admin to stop approving the posts as it was just adding to the panic but was ignored.

As you were.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So we are expected to believe the 10 year old is going to eat 20 sausages, 500g bacon and a pack of ham whilst she just has two tins of sardines!?
At the risk of sounding holier than thou, sausages, bacon and ham all fall under the ultra-processed meat category that has been classed as a carcinogen. I know people have different feelings about this but I think we can all agree that a diet rich in those foods is not good for a child. If you have no choice financially that's one thing, but she can afford better options. Getting one portion of fresh meat or fish would be the healthier and more ethical thing to do. There are other sources of protein out there that don't come laden with sulphites, salt and other stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
With bechamel made with lard.
Who the duck uses lard?? let alone an former 'vegan'? Maybe an older person who grew up with it, but a 32yr old? the thought of it makes me feel queasy. anyway those sausages are at least 50% lard, so she is pissing away her budget on that lard. and it could have been spent on a new apple watch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
@Switchstreetz I've just realised your avatar is a celery saltire :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for noticing my jurassic friend 🤗 Thought id take a break from thread swinging in honour of Celerie, Edinburgh

I hope we're all doing Halloween icons! There are so many options to choose from - haunted sideboard, the ghost of a renowned fashion designer...THAT MAN in a spoooooky hat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I can think of two immediate tips off the top of my head for making ethical and affordable meat choices : if you ask a butcher for leftover chicken carcasses you can get tons for really cheap to turn into a delicious stock and also if you fancy a steak ask for bavette/onglet because it’s way cheaper than more popular cuts. I am honestly flabbergasted that’s she considers herself the right person to write a book about ethical food. Her arrogance knows no bounds.

Who the duck uses lard?? let alone an former 'vegan'? Maybe an older person who grew up with it, but a 32yr old? the thought of it makes me feel queasy. anyway those sausages are at least 50% lard, so she is pissing away her budget on that lard. and it could have been spent on a new apple watch.
lard makes excellent tortillas for tacos! And roast potatoes if you’re not feeling FANCY enough for duck fat

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Lard is also useful for pastry. But knowing Jack, she'll just drizzle it over a salad because olive oil is too fancy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I think I’ve figured out the squiggles (ish)...so proud. Anyway, rank (in both senses) sausages and hypocrisy.
She is literally the worst-placed person to write a book about ethical shopping. It’s clear she hasn’t got a clue. All those processed meat products, her perchant for “wet ham”, cheap chicken made from reclaimed meat, etc. None of this is high animal welfare. 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I liken buying all this cheap food to buying cheap clothes.. if that’s all you can afford then fine. If you can afford better quality then bleeping buy it. It’s unethical not to and just builds up the battery farms and underpaid workers and does a a disservice to every part of the production line. Bad Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I can think of two immediate tips off the top of my head for making ethical and affordable meat choices : if you ask a butcher for leftover chicken carcasses you can get tons for really cheap to turn into a delicious stock and also if you fancy a steak ask for bavette/onglet because it’s way cheaper than more popular cuts. I am honestly flabbergasted that’s she considers herself the right person to write a book about ethical food. Her arrogance knows no bounds.

lard makes excellent tortillas for tacos! And roast potatoes if you’re not feeling FANCY enough for duck fat
Or just eaten straight from packet dipped in marmite and butter.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I liken buying all this cheap food to buying cheap clothes.. if that’s all you can afford then fine. If you can afford better quality then bleeping buy it. It’s unethical not to and just builds up the battery farms and underpaid workers and does a a disservice to every part of the production line. Bad Jack.
ALSO my greengrocers is cheaper than buying pesky manky veg from Asda

Reactions: 21
Here's what I think happened. The peeky account is definitely JM. She found out she'd been rumbled during her hourly daily Tattle catch-up. She then searched her name on Twitter in blind panic thinking someone would out her, but she then came across the parody account (no way she set that one up herself). Hence quick real account reactivation.
Agreed. The mink account was locked up so fast it gave the game away. I'm doubtful the parody account was her but obviously she is FURIOUS because it is SEVERE bullying.

Qu. for any law Fraus...if there's an active case against someone then should she even be talking about it at all? Let alone to her hundreds of thousands of followers?

Reactions: 35
She is literally the worst-placed person to write a book about ethical shopping. It’s clear she hasn’t got a clue. All those processed meat products, her perchant for “wet ham”, cheap chicken made from reclaimed meat, etc. None of this is high animal welfare. 🤢
Why do none of the squiggles think like this though? They’re all like oh you’re a national treasure no pennies dropping anywhere!

Reactions: 14
Why didn’t she buy a whole chicken for like £4?!

For two people Im sure you could make quite a few meals out of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.