Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Traumatised foster children aren’t difficult, using that word suggests they have a choice in their behaviour? They’re suffering and need help. In the same way a baby can’t be good or bad, they aren’t either they just need help to regulate their moods. This sort of moral judgment on children who’ve truly been through bits is abhorrent, the girl is a bleep devoid of any empathy. She helped parent them despite being their peer as she was BETTER than them okay?? Her parents owned their 5 bed so she just knows more okay??

only watched the start but the disdain she shows for the host is...so bizarre it’s almost funny? It’s not even outright agg it’s a simmering teenage surliness, for what? You don’t have to turn up to everything you’re invited to love maybe sit the things you’ve got to pretend to be kind for out sweetie x
I’m quite a realistic person but I would like to believe that if a child had been through something/so many things so bad they ended up in foster care, they would go to a family where they would be part of that family and not treated badly by a spoilt little madam. (I know sadly that isn’t always the case and there have been some poor children who have gone into truly awful foster situations).

I have a colleague who is a foster carer and they’ve mentioned a few things about their foster children. One that sticks in my mind was a little boy who would eat out their bins because he’d been starved before so if he saw food in the rubbish he would take it and eat it so quickly because the fear of not being fed was so great. And that was in spite of them telling him there was always food and the food was for him. He couldn’t help being the way he was, he wasn’t being disgusting or causing trouble or attention-seeking (I can imagine Jack labelling foster kids as attention-seeking for some reason....) And that would be appreciated by anyone with an ounce of empathy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I watched less than 1 min of that video ... I had to stop. She just has a bad attitude! And it radiates from every pore.

Reactions: 42
Just had a listen to the first part of that podcast and when asked if she'd ever thought about having children she says no, absolutely not. But I'm sure I remember her saying on the mumsnet thread years ago that she had lost a baby once before getting pregnant with her son ? I remember thinking why weren't you more careful given you had obviously already had a scare or were you just trying to get pregnant full stop?

ETA I found it:

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Just had a listen to the first part of that podcast and when asked if she'd ever thought about having children she says no, absolutely not. But I'm sure I remember her saying on the mumsnet thread years ago that she had lost a baby once before getting pregnant with her son ? I remember thinking why weren't you more careful given you had obviously already had a scare or were you just trying to get pregnant full stop?

ETA I found it:
Watched the first five minutes and had to stop where she denies that she's ever wanted children. Thanks for that receipt @Ac789, God, she's such a liar, isn't she? Every story is carefully recrafted to align with whoever she's talking to and whatever angle she's aiming for in the moment.

And her horribly nasal, adenoidal voice, she sounds as if she has a permanent store of phlegm plugging her passages and is about to hawk up a loogie! Gross.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

ETA I found it:
She is such a barefaced liar. One short passage of writing and about 5 lies in there.

- "never elaborated on my personal life" - mate, you told the Evening Standard about your shellfish foreplay with Allegra and Twitter about your unruly labour. You can't keep your gob shut about yourself and anyone in your life.

- prrrrretty sure the dad/ his contact on Mumsnet said that it wasn't a meaningful relationship in any sense, rather a casual shag.

- we also know that she didn't tell the dad she was preg and certainly didn't give him the opportunity to make a joint decision with her.

- bollocks has she had a miscarriage, she'd have been all over the Grauniad sadfishing about it.

- having a baby didn't "lose her her job", plenty of women manage to arrange childcare around horrendous shift patterns. She flounced because she couldn't get what she wanted even though Daddy was the boss.

It's unbelievable how many untruths she has told in public forums and still hasn't been picked apart by the press. I guess they have something to gain by keeping her as the acceptable face of poverty, maybe it's more palatable reading than the truth that people are literally starving to death under austerity 💁🏼‍♀️

ETA - "unruly labour" = "unruly labia" but leaving that as a hilarious typo trying to imagine our chaotic friend actually working in an office and not even passing her probation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Good morning everyone! I noticed this yesterday and didn't know whether the share it or not but it's so hilarious I can't keep it to myself. I's fairly sure I've found one of Jack's twitter alts (she's such a dummy re. triangulation she's replying to the bootstrapcook mentions). It's followed by Jack's mum and Louisa and is fond of 'thankyou very much', which is something of a tell. Anyway, someone yesterday posted that they've made a recipe from veganish (the fake bake pasties) and of course Jack couldn't help but reply about delicious her own recipe looked. The person she's replying to is oblivious that she's talking to the recipe's author and so gives her some tips on how they could be improved. And look - it seems that Jack's recipe says to put the gravy granules directly into the filling, rather than making up the gravy and adding that?!
ETA - the bio for the alt in question is "You should see my other account, it’s a Porsche" 😂
Further ETA - she's got her location marked as "Edinburgh, Scotland"

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 108
Good morning everyone! I noticed this yesterday and didn't know whether the share it or not but it's so hilarious I can't keep it to myself. I's fairly sure I've found one of Jack's twitter alts (she's such a dummy re. triangulation she's replying to the bootstrapcook mentions). It's followed by Jack's mum and Louisa and is fond of 'thankyou very much', which is something of a tell. Anyway, someone yesterday posted that they've made a recipe from veganish (the fake bake pasties) and of course Jack couldn't help but reply about delicious her own recipe looked. The person she's replying to is oblivious that she's talking to the recipe's author and so gives her some tips on how they could be improved. And look - it seems that Jack's recipe says to put the gravy granules directly into the filling, rather than making up the gravy and adding that?!
Wasn't that weasel/ferret avatar one of Jackie's bizarre cartoon photos pn FB?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Hmm. ‘A proper drinking problem’ is a bit of a trigger for me. Alcoholism really *can* take different forms. It’s not all classic hidden daily drinking - It’s about your relationship with drink.

I know she’s come out with some horseshit about the units she drank per day, and yes JM is a fricking liar...

But, from personal experience, alcoholism looks different from person to person. Doesn’t make it less real.
Ah I see. Sorry about that and certainly no offence to. Fellow Frau meant.

But I do have to say in that case then I should be fair to Jack and say she probably did have a drinking problem. There is evidence that does point to her being a problematic drinker.
I believe (totally my personal theory m’lud) she pissed one too many people down the Groucho club and felt the only way to save face was to make out she had a slightly different version of a drinking problem to what she actually did, the stereotypical type of you will, and that she was actively recovering.

Totally a theory based on the evidence we’ve seen but I think it holds some weight. She’s not outright lying, but she has taken liberties with the truth possibly, and it’s all part of her manipulation and narrative curating.

Reactions: 27
ETA - the bio for the alt in question is "You should see my other account, it’s a Porsche" 😂
Ahah they've also written 'thankyou' in their next reply so 100% it's Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yeah I mean, it's definitely her. She's not very bright but we know that don't we.
It's her, alright... procrastinator extraordinaire.

Screenshot_20200920_092546.jpg

She's been very active in the last 3 days. She absolutely cannot help herself. Difference being that this account gets next to no engagement from the blue tickers. She must be seething.

Screenshot_20200920_092448.jpg

Nice to see that when this tweet was sent she was still pleading poverty on her main but apparently managing to order M&S food from Ocado's premium delivery service on her alt. Standard Jack.

ETA - beat me to it, @LavaFlake 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I had a quick look through some of the tweets and some are posted by iPhone and some by Android.... hmmm that sounds familiar....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
And what was the age gap? Given that her parents had to extend their house, it seems that she and her brother were at home. Five bedrooms - parents, Yannis, Jack, and one for each of two foster siblings. I know that her adopted brother is much younger but there's been no mention of when the two adoptions took place, at what age and, indeed of the other adopted sibling by her. With the age gap, it would appear that her parents were busy with at least one young child when she was on her own with her son. I wonder how much resentment she has from that, whether she thinks they didn't pay her enough attention then, hence cutting her nose off to spite her face - "I shouldn't have had to ask, you should have noticed but you were BUSY!" Was her childhood bedroom even available for the two of them, and when did she leave home?
The age she left home varies Some times it is 26, other tourist is 18.

I think she did move back to her parents who her son. She mentioned living in a shared house/sharing a house with several other people. But not saying that it was a rental. So it seems likely those people were her family.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Holy cow, Veronicaaa. You are excellent.

Yeah I mean, it's definitely her. She's not very bright but we know that don't we.
Do you think she was breadcrumbing people over to the new/alt account? Her ego really knows no bounds. SUNDAY FUN!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Jack is doing the classic tactic of filling a new account up with retweets to make it look credible and like people won’t scroll back.

It’s definitely her, so any person who thought she’d gone to sort herself out is wrong - she’s just tweeting her inane tit from an alt account. It’s so pathetic.

OMG she will be pawing the floor HOWLING and crying and sat on the stairs holding her knees that @Veronicaaa has blown her cover. And I’m totally here for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.