Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was mentioned on here somewhere that her parents got a grant for an extension on their house so they had more bedrooms, therefore being able to foster more kids.
As you say @MancBee fostering is highly commendable and I admire anyone doing it, but they are heavily rewarded financially
I do wonder what the now adult children her parents fostered think of her bullshit about her childhood, as well as her siblings. Her victim narrative must be very wearing for the real life people who’s history she rewrites in the process.

Reactions: 26
The ending where he wrote the letter to his Dad after he died?

Floods of tears on the train. I wanted to reach into the book and hug him!
@Emmapism i was out walking the dog (listened to it as an audible as want to hear the extra Rambles on it!) I had to hide behind a tree I was crying so badly 😢

edited to say: I was then crying with laughter at his last ramble with cornballs

• Heart
Reactions: 13
(I'm on a Grunka, but while I'm here...)

I hadn't seen this video before:

Omg there is something seriously wrong with her sinuses. Jeez! The whole thing says a hell of lot about why she is the way she is. Not enough attention or affection, which is actually really sad. Still, no excuse to manipulate and lie to vulnerable people for money.

Noted at the end how she mentions that she was “really ill” the day before and her son had to get her a bucket. Should she really have gone to sit in a booth with a pregnant Giovanna after being “really ill” and vomiting? She was either bullshitting about being ill or putting G at risk of a sickness bug.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
@Emmapism i was out walking the dog (listened to it as an audible as want to hear the extra Rambles on it!) I had to hide behind a tree I was crying so badly 😢

edited to say: I was then crying with laughter at his last ramble with cornballs
Oh love just imagining you hiding behind the tree! ❤

I think I might have to listen to the extra audible rambles ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For those of you questioning the veracity of the anatomy aspect of Jack's train story (which we all know is otherwise completely credible), I'll have you know she had a full body scan done while she was at A&E for her severely broken eye socket.

View attachment 247736
I just hooted up a lung, but out of my chunky arse. Cos I’m 1/4 Mediterranean innit, got special anatomy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think what she is really trying to imply is that she brought herself up and the foster kids.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Something about the way she has referred to her foster siblings doesn't sit right with me. It's almost like she is determined to put herself above them? She raised them, she elevates herself to parent/carer rather than sibling/equal. It does seem like she has some resentment or bitterness towards the whole situation.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
It was mentioned on here somewhere that her parents got a grant for an extension on their house so they had more bedrooms, therefore being able to foster more kids.
As you say @MancBee fostering is highly commendable and I admire anyone doing it, but they are heavily rewarded financially
I’m not sure if anyone has responded but they really aren’t. I know foster carers who use their own money for Christmas presents for the children. If they were taking more complicated children they may get more £ but then they are dealing with some of the most vulnerable, traumatised children. You wouldn’t foster for money. It’s not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I got as far as "We never went on holiday" in that Happy Mum Happy Baby thing.

What about picking fresh lemons from the trees in Cyprus???

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
I do wonder what the now adult children her parents fostered think of her bullshit about her childhood, as well as her siblings. Her victim narrative must be very wearing for the real life people who’s history she rewrites in the process.
I can't help wondering what sort of resentment she showed at the time, to her parents and behind their backs to her foster siblings.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Blegh. It's the putting a different slant on the story to suit the situation for me. She was parenting other children as a child of foster parents and this traumatised her into never wanting children, ever and she's the self titled least maternal person in the world. Ok, fine. Then it comes to her little phase of wanting to adopt a sick animal and all of a sudden she's saying her family have always been the kind, caring saviours of the world's waifs and strays. But didn't it traumatise you, Jack? we ask.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Some of you will already know this, seeing as you’re in contact with Vlad himself, but FYI apparently he refers to Alexei Navalny as “that man”. It made me HOOT in an otherwise serious moment. (Navalny was the one poisoned with novichok recently. The video of him yelling in pain is awful ☹. Best wishes to him and of course Vlad if you’re reading I don’t think it was anything to do with you.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Something about the way she has referred to her foster siblings doesn't sit right with me. It's almost like she is determined to put herself above them? She raised them, she elevates herself to parent/carer rather than sibling/equal. It does seem like she has some resentment or bitterness towards the whole situation.
And what was the age gap? Given that her parents had to extend their house, it seems that she and her brother were at home. Five bedrooms - parents, Yannis, Jack, and one for each of two foster siblings. I know that her adopted brother is much younger but there's been no mention of when the two adoptions took place, at what age and, indeed of the other adopted sibling by her. With the age gap, it would appear that her parents were busy with at least one young child when she was on her own with her son. I wonder how much resentment she has from that, whether she thinks they didn't pay her enough attention then, hence cutting her nose off to spite her face - "I shouldn't have had to ask, you should have noticed but you were BUSY!" Was her childhood bedroom even available for the two of them, and when did she leave home?

Reactions: 23
And what was the age gap? Given that her parents had to extend their house, it seems that she and her brother were at home. Five bedrooms - parents, Yannis, Jack, and one for each of two foster siblings. I know that her adopted brother is much younger but there's been no mention of when the two adoptions took place, at what age and, indeed of the other adopted sibling by her. With the age gap, it would appear that her parents were busy with at least one young child when she was on her own with her son. I wonder how much resentment she has from that, whether she thinks they didn't pay her enough attention then, hence cutting her nose off to spite her face - "I shouldn't have had to ask, you should have noticed but you were BUSY!" Was her childhood bedroom even available for the two of them, and when did she leave home?
Hopefully this will all be in the long awaited memoir and the timeline will be secured and everything will be fact checked and we will have nothing more to discuss!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I see Shivi was invited back onto Saturday Kitchen this week. No invite for Jack then....

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.