Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick guestimate is that her house is worth £600-650k. So divided by 37 shows her annual salary between £16,500-17,500. The rent will be £1,500 min per mth which is more than her annual salary. So how does that work?
Maybe what she claims her 'salary' is, is just her spending money (ie all her bills etc comes out of another account and she allocates herself her £8 an hour or whatever for sideboards and, idk, multiple headphones and such)? That's the only thing that makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think Natalia is Jack’s agent’s assistant, looking at the UA website.
Speaking of which, Jack’s profile on that website hasn’t been updated in years. 😂
Haha that photo will always remind me of being 16 drinking in the back field on a Friday night very Bebo 2008.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Maybe what she claims her 'salary' is, is just her spending money (ie all her bills etc comes out of another account and she allocates herself her £8 an hour or whatever for sideboards and, idk, multiple headphones and such)? That's the only thing that makes sense.
Yeah I think this is very very likely what she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, absolutely x

It's so disingenuous though isn't it? She doesn't really have just a living wage salary to live on at all. Yet her followers lap it up!

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I totally agree with all the other points, but just to add - how many people have lost their job due to coronavirus? I live near a few tourist hotspots, where entire industries have collapsed. Levels of unemployment are through the roof - and people who still have jobs are often facing an uncertain future.

This twit got herself a TV programme, a mayo-flogging gig, and signed two book deals since the virus hit, and she has the gall to whinge about how poor she is? duck off.
Not to ☢☢☢☢myself, but part of my job is to use stats and figures about redundancy.
Just coming through my accounts alone have been thousands of redundancies. Everytime the News announce another big closure of a big name company I shudder. Gatwick is a big one at the moment. The airport is the biggest employer for miles. If it goes under pretty much all of Crawley and surrounding will lose their jobs.
I'm not exaggerating when I describe it as apocalyptic.
But hey, the real tragedy is 2014's 19th most important Gay person accidentally had an estate agent sign outside her house.
Ffs

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I wonder if Jack could give me some parenting tips, while her sweet Victorian child is being tucked into bed at 7.30pm sweetly saying ‘found you mama’, my 10 year old is currently at the park with her friends texting me this (I’m not a bloody boomer I’m a millennial thanks v much 🙄)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 102
and don't send mean things cos her post is security checked and her checker doesn't deserve to read mean things you meanies!

oh and if you include a return address, you may get a surprise! I'd be terrified she'd show up and cook me something!

this is the most desperate thing I have ever seen!
Has she seen the price of stamps these days?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
she is such a bleeping spoilt brat! Most 32 year olds also don’t own homes Jack! I dislike her SO MUCH.
My mid-30s son has a business which employs around 30 people but can still only afford to pay himself living wage (whilst usually working 7 days a week). He is currently renting a one bedroom flat and his great ambition is to be able to buy a two bedroom within the next year or two. His late 30s sister and her husband both have very good jobs but could not get a mortgage on anything over £200k, so how dare Little Miss Entlitled bleat and whine!!

Reactions: 22
She really, genuinely believes that she should be living in a £700,000 house. Anything less would be unworthy of her greatness. Every single thing she says or does is part of the long game to get more money. UGH

Reactions: 34
I wonder if Jack could give me some parenting tips, while her sweet Victorian child is being tucked into bed at 7.30pm sweetly saying ‘found you mama’, my 10 year old is currently at the park with her friends texting me this (I’m not a bloody boomer I’m a millennial thanks v much 🙄)
Not to HOOT at your misfortune, dear heart, but 'ok boomer' is the single greatest insult to come out of the last 10 years (close second is Karen). It does so much with so little :ROFLMAO: - the gammons (also *chefs kiss*) go APOPLECTIC with rage. Serves em right for 'snowflake' tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Thanks for these, I think although we have been respecting her 'private' account on the whole, anything that may be suggestive of us should be captured, as with any words and behaviour from her that contradicts the very serious allegations she is making. In this case, that being she is afraid for the safety of herself and her family and that she and they are being bullied/harassed/terrorised (insert dramatic Jack adjective of choice).

Of course, if she isn't referring to these threads and us, she is welcome to confirm that. Otherwise, we need to protect ourselves too (cartoon filter anyone? 🤔)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Which would be 'averagely priced' and 'slightly too small'.
Why does she say this? Slightly too small? She’s one person and a child. Even when Louisa was there they were a couple and a child in a 3 bed (2 of which are definitely doubles and home to a super king bed) with 2 reception rooms and a lovely large garden with a shed. How much space does she need? I live in a fairly new (15 years old ish) 3 bed 🔺 with quite small rooms/odd proportions, a nice averagely sized garden and a garage. And I have 3 children! She definitely has more space than me.

It's so disingenuous though isn't it? She doesn't really have just a living wage salary to live on at all. Yet her followers lap it up!
Didn’t she say at some point that she pays herself the living wage and squirrels the rest away because she’s terrified of being poor again?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Fackin ‘ell, what a mess. All that about a sign in her garden. Which was cleared up after one phone all.

.. two points. - asking about the price, would that be the next crowdfunding campaign or the secret stash of savings she definitely doesn’t have?
- and the classic “I workhard enough”. WHEN? When is she working? duck, she’s been in holiday for months, sleeping during the day and on Twitter, trips away and sunbathing on her new hammock. And she’s recorded the whole thing on social media, so when is she bleeping working?? This rewriting of history was predicted..

Reactions: 54
Why does she say this? Slightly too small? She’s one person and a child. Even when Louisa was there they were a couple and a child in a 3 bed (2 of which are definitely doubles and home to a super king bed) with 2 reception rooms and a lovely large garden with a shed. How much space does she need? I live in a fairly new (15 years old ish) 3 bed 🔺 with quite small rooms/odd proportions, a nice averagely sized garden and a garage. And I have 3 children! She definitely has more space than me.
Well I guess she's got to have somewhere to put all her Cotswold sideboards 🤷‍♀️. I live in a one bedroom flat which I love because the rooms are very well proportioned and it's just very pretty and overlooking trees in a nice quiet part of town. It would be great to have a spare room but to be honest if I did have one I know it would end up as a dumping ground for stuff I don't need or use. Much like Jack's whole entire 3 bedroom two storey house seems to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Hi everyone I was just thinking my current house is too small... I don’t have a fancy understair cupboard, shitshed or photography bay window. Don’t suppose anyone fancies starting a crowdfunder? I’ve worked really hard today (nearly 20 hrs on social media) and deserve to live in a fancy shmancy middle class duck off huge need a house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Here's a suggestion, Jack: Try hanging out with people other than THE GOVES and NIGELLA LAWSON and HENRY DIMBLEBY and whoever else you meet at the Groucho. It might actually give you some perspective and realise that you are acting like an out of touch, ungrateful bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Didn’t she say at some point that she pays herself the living wage and squirrels the rest away because she’s terrified of being poor again?
Maybe this is what the sideboards are for - they're really investments! In an Arrested Development kinda way... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.