Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Southend Echo
Thursday, 17 September 2020

The sign of the times?

It was mid-Thursday morning when Jack Munroe, a single mother in Southend, glanced out of her large bay window and saw something terrible.
‘A For Sale sign’, she said, pointing to the bewildering object, her hands still shaking from the shock. ‘I don’t know why it’s there, or where it’s come from.’
Could it have been an error, this reporter enquired, by one of the town’s many estate agents? But Munrow, 42, was adamant. ‘I just stepped out of my door, and there it was,’ she insisted, blaming the phenomenon on a mysterious group of ‘malign vicious bullies’ who criticise her every move.
‘I just want a real home for me and my boy,’ Munroah whispered, wiping her tears on a vintage Vivienne Westwood traazer suit. With a determined look on her face, Ms Munroe then proceeded to wield her John Lewis axe and in two fell swoops, chopped down the offending For Sale sign.
Once the sign had been dealt with, Ms Monroe was last seen disappearing into her impressive two-storey house, muttering something about ‘furious wasps’ and that she was in need of ‘a cuppa’. When this reporter asked if they too could have a cuppa, entry was blocked by three Smeg fridges and the words ‘Get to absolute duck’ were issued from behind the thick net curtains at the front of Ms Munroe’s house.
Therefore, citizens of Southend, beware. The signs may appear in YOUR front lawn. What could they mean? From where do they come? It might be time to invest in an axe of your own.

Artist’s impression of the scene:
Oh Pocahontas 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
It was useful for noting who to avoid, just like people who tell you they are "dynamic" or "happy-go-lucky" when you didn't actually ask.
😂Yessss!! I could write a book on this topic. ‘I’m whacky’ circa 1992=absolute prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I miss not knowing how many days sober it is.
I quit smoking about four days after Jackles went sober so if you wish I can keep you updated in her absence?

Oh no wait I can’t because I’m not a boring bleeping pilchard who craves attention. Sorry 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The good thing is Jack’s finally given her platform over to raise up other’s voices. Bad thing is it’s to me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

New thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I miss the way her social media conversation starters were just like those Mumsnet threads where people pretend something incredibly normal is wild and out there.

"Am I the only one who likes a bit of butter on my toast?"

"Surely no-else else enjoys a lie-in on Saturdays!"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It might be easier, if he’s tired, just to prop a little telly up on his chest while he’s lying down and play him Celery Studios Edinburgh’s latest Award winning film (17th best gay film 2014). He’ll soon come round

I've not got my contact lenses in and thought this was that portrait of Henry VIII to begin with...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.