Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can confirm!

Post from 2013 - IIRC This would have been Hazel, the policewoman šŸ¤”View attachment 246415
Yep. It's almost like all the women she dates are the same to her.

Just a rotating line of faceless 'Mrs J's' all treated and talked about in an almost identical way. It would be difficult to feel special if you were one. Can't imagine why she's ended up with a string of cancelled engagements...

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Yep. It's almost like all the women she dates are the same to her.

Just a rotating line of faceless 'Mrs J's' all treated and talked about in an almost identical way. It would be difficult to feel special if you were one. Can't imagine why she's ended up with a string of cancelled engagements...
Also, itā€™s some kind of statement of ownership. - ms. J, HER mrs, and they should feel thankful for the privilege of association.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Ah yes, The Monroe Effect.
ā€œI'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you must have a good head on your shoulders.ā€
Is that what SHE said? If so, get f****d Jackie and donā€™t flatter yourself. Women got better things to do with their time than ā€˜handleā€™ someone, or ā€˜dealā€™ with someone. How about you sort yourself the duck out? Why should anyone have to ā€˜handleā€™ you, you selfish, self-righteous, narcissistic, boring, self-vanity project. Why donā€™t YOU try to improve so that you can care for someone in return? Sheepy, sheepy, bleat, bleat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Is that what SHE said? If so, get f****d Jackie and donā€™t flatter yourself. Women got better things to do with their time than ā€˜handleā€™ someone, or ā€˜dealā€™ with someone. How about you sort yourself the duck out? Why should anyone have to ā€˜handleā€™ you, you selfish, self-righteous, narcissistic, boring, self-vanity project. Why donā€™t YOU try to improve so that you can care for someone in return? Sheepy, sheepy, bleat, bleat.
Nah, apparently Marilyn Monroe said it, or maybe it was Einstein, who knows with memes? Anyway, about 10 years ago every weapon was throwing this around social media like a get-out-of-jail-free card. It was useful for noting who to avoid, just like people who tell you they are "dynamic" or "happy-go-lucky" when you didn't actually ask.

Also, i deliberately misquoted. It should be "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Even sickeninger.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
GrĆ¼sse Frauen in the future! I am on a permanent grunka these days but while looking up JM article on Grenfell came up with this Ur-cartoon image courtesy of the guardian in 2018 šŸ‘€View attachment 245548
I've been thinking (always a danger, even more so than posting without reading the TWENTY bleeping ONE PAGES that have appeared overnight) the she reminds me of somebody else...

1600452480994.png

or should that be

1600452418884.png
?

• Haha
A five minute drop into the twitter rabbit hole and I find that šŸŖ has been dropping some absolute gold on the sandwich shape topic including a gif that had me HOOTING.

Makes me wish for days gone by.....
OOh, if only we could get together (Malacandra is another name for Mars). Probably about time that I put a face to my name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.