Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I was curious if we are being unfair in making fun of her cooking videos because maybe it’s actually difficult so today I just tried making my own (I’m making an entire mezze feast for my boyfriend’s family tonight). Bearing in mind I have never used IMovie before but a few things : it is REALLY easy to figure out how to cut down the length of the clips and muting the audio is also incredibly simple. Sorry for the music - turns out Jack literally just chose the stock music that comes with iMovie 🤣

conclusion: Jack is a lazy, useless idiot

ps this is a recipe to make Lebanese green beans

This was brilliant and educational and also funny.

May I please come round for dinner?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Presumably, the Groucho Club has an annual membership fee. How does someone as hardup as JM meet the cost? (Patreon, tips). I wish people who give her money, buy her books and visit her site (with its advertising revenue) would realise that she is not the patron saint of poverty. She is someone who would like to be in with the in crowd and uses her faux poverty campaigner status to ingratiate herself with them.
It appears to be mind-bogglingly difficult to become a member of the club unless one is a member of the North/West London intelligentsia (It swags that it rejected the Spice Girls and they were at least entertaining). https://www.thegrouchoclub.com/medi...rship_application_form_onlineprint_2016-1.pdf The fees are a good deal less than that of other London clubs and better value for networking than joining a fancy gym. JM's proposers obviously had a lot of clout.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
So I was curious if we are being unfair in making fun of her cooking videos because maybe it’s actually difficult so today I just tried making my own (I’m making an entire mezze feast for my boyfriend’s family tonight). Bearing in mind I have never used IMovie before but a few things : it is REALLY easy to figure out how to cut down the length of the clips and muting the audio is also incredibly simple. Sorry for the music - turns out Jack literally just chose the stock music that comes with iMovie 🤣

I think you forgot your nutri bullet.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Bravo 👏👏👏

Reactions: 10
It's brilliant but I need to know why the music is about 100% less annoying on your video?
It's so idiotic, about the 4th comment on the tomato, diced/sliced onion, marrow and pasata 'recipe' on YT told oor wee lass how to change the music.
Arrogant, I'm not sure that's a word that we've used yet, but I think it's something to think about. Jack is arrogant enough to think that she's entitled to lie, scam and cheat her way into some crazed idea of fame and free money.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Fab! I'm so going to make that (grew tons of lovely beans in my garden this year!)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just watched 4 or so minutes of the YT fish finger lasagne debacle (and I’m being bleeping polite here), and read the sycophantic comments. Culinary genius? Get fucked. I wouldn’t feed your shite to my worst enemy. Actually, that’s a lie. Yes. Yes, I would.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

THAT'S THE WAY YA DO IT! I do hope that Jack is watching and learning. p.s. where did you get the 9 spices?

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone,

as with many others I have been lurking for a while and decided to join the cabal! Loving your work:)

A familiar story of following JM then becoming uncomfortable with so many things she does. The ouchy mouth was one of the most annoying...

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Hi everyone,

as with many others I have been lurking for a while and decided to join the cabal! Loving your work:)

A familiar story of following JM then becoming uncomfortable with so many things she does. The ouchy mouth was one of the most annoying...
If you have an ouchy mouth you just go to the bathroom and bang your head on the nap tap. This will guarantee you two hours snory sleep on the ouch couch while your child plays on their iPad and hopes you’re not dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
If you have an ouchy mouth you just go to the bathroom and bang your head on the nap tap. This will guarantee you two hours snory sleep on the ouch couch while your child plays on their iPad and hopes you’re not dead.
Oh darn, I had ouchy mouth the last couple of days and never thought of doing that🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@blurstoftimes you clever Frau! And FANCY Frau too with your Le Creuset!

With regards to Jack seemingly getting worse at cooking in front of a camera, I agree arrogance plays a big part. Her ego has got bigger as time has gone on, which I think has made her unwilling to learn, and also means she doesn't put the effort in to prepare. I think in her head she believes she's far better than she is. After all, cooking is her "life's work" isn't it? 🙄

Reactions: 31
Oh darn, I had ouchy mouth the last couple of days and never thought of doing that🤦‍♀️
You need to do it. If it gives you a bruise go STRAIGHT AWAY to A&E. Don’t forget to charge your phone first because you’ll need to take a lot of dramatic photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You need to do it. If it gives you a bruise go STRAIGHT AWAY to A&E. Don’t forget to charge your phone first because you’ll need to take a lot of dramatic photos.
Yes I will, thankfully I have lots of glittery eyeshadows in but sadly not got a naked palette. I am lacking the 50 pence sized hole in my lip too😳

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes I will, thankfully I have lots of glittery eyeshadows in but sadly not got a naked palette. I am lacking the 50 pence sized hole in my lip too😳
Don’t worry about the hole in your lip because that’s plagiarism anyway. And when you tweet your temperature, make sure it’s not the same because that’s copying. Anyway, I have to go and butcher some vegetables, good luck and let me know when you’ve had all your scans and everything. #bless #momofleeks

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I need to know more about the Lebanese spice blend please. in Jack’s world I’m sure we could use any spices we want as they’re all the same but I don’t want to waste my lovely gifted beans

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.