Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm, it's a tough one because I *do* like Jamie, but I'm inclined to agree - I too would rather see Jack on the show. I'm sure it would be hilarious.
“I would rather see the rather gorgeous Bookstrap Cook on the show”

Yours, Eamonn Holmes
(As long as it’s a day Phil and Holly are on)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just wanted to say, and without checking if this has already been said upthread (sorry), but it’s probably a very good thing that the Tattle collective has decided not to post pictures of Monroe’s SM whilst she’s set it to private. Perhaps she’s trying to catch us out. To say, is there some law on publishing photos that otherwise should have been kept private? That could be a gotcha moment that she so desperately wants and her main motivation for the SM lockdown, knowing as she does that she has little else to beat Tattle with. In that instance, she is likely hoping for pictures from her SM to turn up here..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Just wanted to say, and without checking if this has already been said upthread (sorry), but it’s probably a very good thing that the Tattle collective has decided not to post pictures of Monroe’s SM whilst she’s set it to private. Perhaps she’s trying to catch us out. To say, is there some law on publishing photos that otherwise should have been kept private? That could be a gotcha moment that she so desperately wants and her main motivation for the SM lockdown, knowing as she does that she has little else to beat Tattle with. In that instance, she is likely hoping for pictures from her SM to turn up here..
Honestly think you could be entirely right here - whether there is legal precedent for this or not. She'll still be getting comments from the sycophants but only seems to get sparked joy when a blue ticker comments or she goes viral as a trending topic or gets thousands of RTs. She can't do any of these fully as a private account (aside from existing Dear Heart blue tick followers). I give her 1-2 weeks. Maybe that's generous IDK?

Reactions: 19
yes was thinking the same. I have been following her on Twitter for years and years, and used to really respect and like her....... am thinking of unfollowing now as I don't want to follow and get caught up in her next chaos. I don't really give a toss about her any more. Lying narcissistic twit.

ETA: Whilst i don't care about her, i will always follow her as the cabal are amazing and i find i amusing to be kept abreast of the latest disasters :)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
When I was her age, private tweets were called texts.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
People really don't have a clue, do they? Or do they like her because she appears to be as inept as they are in the kitchen?
They like her because she is a Guardian poster girl. Single Mum Mom, gay, fleetingly trans, hints of various ethnicities, was a bit broke for a while through-no-fault-of-her-own-don't-you-dare-victim-blame! and had the culinary genius to prepare cheap food with a flair not seen since the last time a student with the munchies ransacked a neglected kitchen.

I disliked her for the above, pretty much on sight, but she brought me here, so yay!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Gosh this is interesting. I don't know the legalities of it but maybe she did get advice which suggested this. I'm sure someone more learned than I M'Lud knows more, but I'm not sure how even locking an account with almost 300k followers could mean that her content is suddenly unsharable / private, though I agree it's better safe than sorry!

When I was her age, private tweets were called texts.
Or DMs - but people share even them online, usually to take the piss.

Reactions: 15
I also wouldn't be surprised if she goes through phases of locking and unlocking her accounts now - particularly if she has something she wants to scream about.

Lots of influencers do this on IG to gain followers. Emily Canham (awful woman) does it all the time.

Reactions: 17
They like her because she is a Guardian poster girl. Single Mum Mom, gay, fleetingly trans, hints of various ethnicities, was a bit broke for a while through-no-fault-of-her-own-don't-you-dare-victim-blame! and had the culinary genius to prepare cheap food with a flair not seen since the last time a student with the munchies ransacked a neglected kitchen.

I disliked her for the above, pretty much on sight, but she brought me here, so yay!
Perfect summation, but I'm still bemused by the hordes who swear by her "recipes". Do any of you remember a writer in the London Evening Standard about 20 years ago whose every nightly recipe contained frozen peas? If only she had had access to today's social media.

Reactions: 4
Babe same and I also think your excellent post should go into the new thread. We need to make it clear that we won't play dirty.

Reactions: 22
We need Eamon’s/Vlad’s people to get Jack in there cooking IRL. We as a cabal/nation deserve to see Ruth eat (part cooked) pasta coated in oil, milk, and salmon paste
Awwww. No. I like Ruth! I nominated Phil Scofield because his shennanigans brought me to Tattle 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Everytime I see the word private eye for some reason I read it to the tune of "bright eyes" from watership down.

I think she will reopen two accounts and the business one will be manned by someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It almost feels like she left a trap by publicly informing her mum that her (private) tweets were being shared around when they weren't. Why would she feel the need to do that when her mum was coming over that day (or even there at the time)? Hmmmm... Fraus shouldn't trust her an inch, that's for sure. Pretty sure she'd love to be able to sue us simply for the attention she'd get.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
yes was thinking the same. I have been following her on Twitter for years and years, and used to really respect and like her....... am thinking of unfollowing now as I don't want to follow and get caught up in her next chaos. I don't really give a toss about her any more. Lying narcissistic twit.

ETA: Whilst i don't care about her, i will always follow her as the cabal are amazing and i find i amusing to be kept abreast of the latest disasters :)
I suspect there’s more to it, as she’s also deleted so much. Possibly a management intervention? (Although this would be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I also wouldn't be surprised if she goes through phases of locking and unlocking her accounts now - particularly if she has something she wants to scream about.

Lots of influencers do this on IG to gain followers. Emily Canham (awful woman) does it all the time.
She’s done it for years - I've followed her since 2013 and so this is nothing new.

Everytime I see the word private eye for some reason I read it to the tune of "bright eyes" from watership down.

I think she will reopen two accounts and the business one will be manned by someone else.
And I can never hear/see ‘bright eyes’ without thinking of Steve Permberton’s Pop 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s done it for years - I've followed her since 2013 and so this is nothing new.

And I can never hear/see ‘bright eyes’ without thinking of Steve Permberton’s Pop 🙃
I can never eat a Kinder Egg without doing the exact same.

Bright Eyes burnin' like fyaaaaahh

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.