Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And how many people living in genuine year in, year out poverty are following the twatterings of a smeg owning, multi-freezered ex poor person who wears Vivienne Westwood (RIP) to the supermarket.

f
Don’t forget the TWO Burberry leather jackets. That alone is a sizeable portion of a deposit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Argh! This school thing has rubbed me up the wrong way. Why, why, whyyyy moan on a public platform, who is it helping?
why not share local initiatives instead? There are many schools and individuals who have organised second hand uniform sales. Our school emailed us before the end of term urging struggling families to contact them for help with school costs for next term. There are good, helpful things out there if you only bother to look around.

edit - Jack 👋🏻 I urge you to each time before you post to ask your self “who is this helping?”.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She doesn’t need to be signed off work if she’s self employed and not on benefits. There’s no one to hand a fit note to unless her publisher needed one.

Although she seems to be signed off and writing a book at the same time.

Oh and she’s off on one. Back to having a dig at restaurants and the eat out to help out scheme.

Shes back on poverty safari again. Shut up you absolute melt. You are not the person in a cold flat drying kids school uniforms over a bath.

You’re faffing around with your gifted 80 quid bag and your pizza oven. Stop using other people’s poverty to make yourself relevant.

(clearly why she’s writing this book).

She’s clearly not happy that she’s going to have to pay rent, bills and child care all by herself (not assuming that her sons dad doesn’t contribute)

Enough of the poor single mother cobblers. Yes life is tough for a lot of single parents and families just now but she’s not poor for a start. Life’s hard for loads of people just now. Day in day out. It’s tough for single people as well. Try being on UC on 317 a month and having the dwp reduce your benefits by 63p for every quid you earn.

There are schools that have washing machines because some families can’t afford to wash their kids clothes. Poverty is sadly all over the Uk just now.

With respect to charity. I’ve always given to charity even when I’ve had hardly any cash to spare.

Jack is taking cash from people when she’s earning a decent living.

That’s grim in my view.

The Scottish govt I believe gives a 100 quid uniform grant for low income families.

There are school uniform banks in my area as well. Shouldn’t be necessary in 2020 but they are.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
If she really cared about mum’s preparing for back to school she really should have actually campaigned WITH a solution back in July when these measures were announced. This is nothing more than seeking some engagement when everyone’s stressed about the impending start of term.
Like with all other issues that become a trending topic, she puts herself in the right place, at the right time when emotions are high. So everyone looks at her, thinks she understands and is fighting their corner 🙄

Then they're dropped like a hot stone and it's on to the next 'big thing'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
She’s got less childcare issues than many people given that she works mostly from home and she has control over her own diary.

The way she’s been tweeting during lockdown has pretty much killed her TV ‘career’ anyway so on poverty safari she must go.

Reactions: 34
ok, who had dibs on the end of her sobriety? Vlad needs to pay up!
So, she's now drinking but is 'careful' So she's not an alcoholic anymore? Or she is and fallen off the wagon?
Also, what work timetable? She doesn't have a job. Well, not a 9-5 one. She could easily fit in whatever the duck it is she does in school hours.
Oh and, she doesn't have the child full time. Why would she need a breakfast club or Childminder?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I try not to be mean about her followers as they’re mostly well intentioned, but, seriously?!
E6E3CB4B-9DBB-4134-89B3-15F2DF79C5FE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Imagine if she was collecting Panini football stickers. No need for ‘got, got, need’ with Jackie. Euro 2020 sticker book? Completed it mate.
I wonder which books are the equivalent to the much coveted 'shiny' stickers :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No point in getting all outraged at the eleventh hour Jac, it's too late. She cannot identify with the really poverty stricken single parents out there cos she isn't, she can't call herself a single parent when SB spends time away with dad, and dad probably helps with uniforms and clothing at the very least. The lone parents out there that will struggle have no one else to help them, no one, not a patreon nor another parent to turn to.
Shooting her mouth about people going out for expensive meals under the EOTHO scheme? bit rich really coming from someone boasting about going to two meals in one evening recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She is literally sending 4 tweets a minute at the moment. Why did she insist on ‘writing’ this stupid book if she literally is going to choose a news item a day to get wound up about?!

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.