Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Um, yes, read your email inbox for that book...
Ha! It's just a pile of pop sociology that she has been gifted, or stuff she has picked up at a charity shop.

Jack hun, you need some Anne Power, proper respected writer (Google her) not Cash, a tit-chatting fantasist. Have that tip on me for free.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Why isn't she holding the book with both hands and taking the photo with....oh never mind. Please nobody zoom in on the hand!
A5479A7A-9C8B-4C4B-936D-0E07B1F38858.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Imagine having this conversation in real life. A friend twit asks you for book recommendations and they just keep manically pulling any book you mention out of a bag and shouting 'I KNOW, GOT IT!!!!'

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Mack Jonroe: Oh THAT book! I have read it cover to cover every night for the past year and named my goldfish after the author. Thanks for the reminder though!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Someone mentioned this earlier but I think our wee Jack has been to Tesco's.
Unbelievable! Mixing a couple of shop bought things with dishes she has actually made (don't think any shop would sell boiled mushrooms plonked in pesto). She must think she's being very crafty. How long would it have taken to do that mushroom dish and sprinkle some chilli flakes on a courgette. People begging her for recipes and in awe over her ability to throw together such a meal. It's easy when half of it is bought, darls. Once you spot the lies and inconsistencies with a person you will notice and question everythinggggg. That's why most of us are here I suppose!
Yes, absolutely x
Reminds me of the Magic Eye pictures where you eventually see the 3D image ... once seen it can’t be unseen.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes, absolutely x
Reminds me of the Magic Eye pictures where you eventually see the 3D image ... once seen it can’t be unseen.
I could never see the images 😩

C1597CA5-80B8-465E-B19D-9AF892594212.jpeg

It's 2 words Jack! You'll never write a book if you don't know that 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
So...was ANYONE able to recommend a book she hadn't already signed sealed delivered? One? A single solitary thanks for that recommendation I haven't heard of/read that one yet? No? She's so embarrassing. Still uploading pics of filthy grime stuck under her nails too, must've been gardening again today.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OK so reference is made here to a book called “Living in bootstrap America”.
I am guessing that the “bootstrap” reference in this context is not positive. I believe it’s regarded as particularly racially sensitive in the US. (Something about the myth that all you have to do is pull yourself up by your bootstraps to become a success in the USA - except that this myth doesn’t acknowledge the inherent disadvantages that black people face).
I mean, Jack should really start to rethink the “bootstrap” tag. (Not that it ever made sense in the first place - I’m sure she meant shoestring).

Why isn't she holding the book with both hands and taking the photo with....oh never mind. Please nobody zoom in on the hand!View attachment 228121
Kind of ironic isn’t it, since “poverty safari” is exactly what she’s doing from the luxury of her spacious “bungalow” by the sea, crammed to the rafters with expensive furniture and gadgets, as she languishes on her substantial monthly income from ads, affiliate links, royalties from her “best-selling” books, and the suckers on Patreon. (Someone on Mumsnet, who appeared to know what they were talking about and broke it down, estimated that Jack could have an annual income of around £100,000, just from those sources).

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.