Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No wonder she doesn't sleep well that's some digesting to do at this time of night. Why doesn't she eat at 5/ 6 pm like the rest of the world.

I know she is busy but seriously her stomach must be in constant pain between very gloppy food and then eating so late.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't tend to keep up with JM but is Jack identifying as a "she" again? Honestly my mind boggles a bit and I can't keep up.

Reactions: 8
I don't tend to keep up with JM but is Jack identifying as a "she" again? Honestly my mind boggles a bit and I can't keep up.
I’m not sure Jack knows! I think she considers herself to be nonbinary and she’s happy to be referred to as she/her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What, and I cannot stress this enough, the actual duck?! Is that real poetry or Jack poetry? I mean, it's clearly not real poetry, just random words that someone's banged out with the sausages on the end of their hands, but who? WHO?!
Why I do believe it is utter shite in the form of prose.

Reactions: 9
What, and I cannot stress this enough, the actual duck?! Is that real poetry or Jack poetry? I mean, it's clearly not real poetry, just random words that someone's banged out with the sausages on the end of their hands, but who? WHO?!
It is actually poetry, though I'm not sure that I entirely agree with the literary world's opinion. It's a relatively well known couple of lines (well, perhaps more well known by those of us that have been forced to suffer from it) from The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock by TS Eliot.

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question ...
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

Etc, etc, et bloody cetera.

Reactions: 18
If she feeds the cat her own cooking, no wonder it is lying on its back rolling around (probably in agony).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am still a bit aghast at her suggesting that she “could” do residences at various restaurants run by friends.
Firstly: why on earth would she assume that these people would allow this. These are people running an actual business, employing people, and like any other restaurant business at the moment, fighting to keep their heads above water.
Second: she has no understanding of business at all, or the economics of running a restaurant, and no work ethic, and her recipes are incredibly unappealing if not outright repulsive - so what on earth does she think she can bring to the table??
Third: she has to acknowledge that her brand is toxic and could damage the brand of anyone she becomes associated with.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
For twenty years I've stared my level best
To see if evening—any evening —would suggest
A patient etherized upon a table;
In vain. I simply wasn't able.

(C. S. Lewis)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Sleeping by day and over-sharing cringeworthy poetry and ideas by night. Up all night over thinking one plan, subsequently over-sleeping and spoiling the elaborate plan from the day before. Prolonged, rapid weight-loss. Broken relationship. Losing work. Whatever part she herself may play, for her own good, whatever the doctor is giving her she should perhaps dial it down a bit.

Reactions: 18
Ok ok mavens! she probably COULD mess up canned mac & cheese, but let’s all just be thankful she didn’t rinse it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am still a bit aghast at her suggesting that she “could” do residences at various restaurants run by friends.
Firstly: why on earth would she assume that these people would allow this. These are people running an actual business, employing people, and like any other restaurant business at the moment, fighting to keep their heads above water.
Second: she has no understanding of business at all, or the economics of running a restaurant, and no work ethic, and her recipes are incredibly unappealing if not outright repulsive - so what on earth does she think she can bring to the table??
Third: she has to acknowledge that her brand is toxic and could damage the brand of anyone she becomes associated with.
Salmonella, ecoli?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
_20200829_075408.JPG

This just reinforces my suspicion that her followers know absolutely duck all about food :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.