Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yours is a fantastic post on all points. Unlike you, I’ve always been in a situation where the bill is divided equally irrespective of what each diner ate or drank. (Eating out in restaurants with the legal profession is the worst for being ripped off. Their arrogant behaviour is breathtaking.) As for her not going on to Universal Credit now, she'd rather beg for tips and Patreon and live that way. She'd rather publish books on poverty issues which are no longer representative of her own situation. Going on UC would mean that the celebrity 'friends' would vanish into thin air. Additionally, she would have to keep a work search diary and the worst thing which could happen to JM is that she would have to accept a 'normal' i.e. non media job which involves her getting off her lazy backside every day.

I think you nailed it by referring to her possibly thinking she is too good for benefits. Lots of people from middle class families like JM end up on benefits at some time or another in their lives through the circumstances which life throws at us all, they just don't try to make themselves a celebrity on the back of it.

Reactions: 24
If, the place is so terribly daughty and cold Jak, ask your landlord to help to fix it, and call your mum, she is still in hospital after all.

Reactions: 20
Also her comments about not insuring her belongings. Absolute nonsense. I’ve just moved house and I bought insurance online. You don’t need to speak to anyone to buy insurance for your home.
She may have given herself away with those comments, sorry I’ve missed them as skim reading the thread, but we had to speak to the underwriting dept to get our contents insurance as we had a few weird items, vintage jewellery & any individual item costing over £4k needs listing on ur policy and has an additional excess. I imagine the Emin would be worth a fair bit and the rings aren’t exactly modest either

Reactions: 22
This. Definitely.

She made a living off the back of a short stint on benefits, still squeezing every last penny she can from it whilst helping to add to the shame of poverty/claiming (claimants shouldnt feel ashamed). To say she simply cannot go back on benefits, as though its a choice, is a joke.

Reactions: 19
Sounds like she's fishing for someone to tell her she's too thin and needs to put a bit of weight on for the heat

Reactions: 21
She’s not happy unless she's moaning. I live in the south have been out in short sleeves today, and left the bedroom window open last night. Yes it is cooler than of late but it has been over 80, it’s not cold

Fuck. Off. View attachment 226688frugal people don’t buy £85 leggings when they’re £3 in Primark. You horrible, horrible hypocrite.
Or £399 on a hammock

Reactions: 18
Not the full poem, though, just the first few lines. It does go on and on and on and on with more of the same.

Reactions: 1
Don’t forget the Westwood

Reactions: 11
i do get a bit of joy from the fact that she is such a brat she immediately spunked it up a wall and now has none of it left. Normal humans would have put it towards a depisit on a house etc. But no.

I thought there was a Twitter receipt on here in the last few pages where someone called her out for her Smeg and everything ? Did the Tattle post get removed?
Thread #31?

Personally I think that not claiming UC has nothing to do with her 'principles'
She earns too much money and I'm pretty sure she's got savings. She knows if she applied she'd be turned down and that would reveal her lie about being poor. Much easier to not apply and make up bullshit that it is because of bad memories of the 6 months she was on JSA or whatever it was.

Reactions: 29
If she quoted her principles a lot of people on Universal Credit would feel bloody insulted .Sometimes you have no choice to apply for benefits and don't have family to help . Principles don't put food on the table or let you put the gas on

Reactions: 14
I have the same, a floor length curtain in front of the front door. It makes such a difference! Because we are in Scotland and quite high up near hills, we get bad winters, lots of snow, powercuts etc. Its just common sense to insulate your home and dress for the weather. Jack is acting like a maverick again putting the heating on in August and wearing extra layers. I hope her thermal undies are sideboard friendly.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.