Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she fucked up her greengage jam,
What a non-surprise.
But what’s she going to spread on the cheap wet ham?
A spatula of lies.

Oh no, look what I’ve done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
From nigella.com
"Setting point for jam is 105c (220F) so a good way to test for setting point is to have a sugar thermometer clipped to the side of your saucepan."

It's no wonder her attempts at jam making in a slow cooker failed miserably, she should have asked her Bessie mate. Though if she were a cook with basic knowledge, never mind chef, she would have known this herself.

What a damned waste of good food. Though of course it tastes wonderful. To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, She would say that, wouldn't she.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m just thinking about her accidentally perfecting the perfect amount of risotto for one person. I wish she’d done the same in her books; I made a pasta from the vegan one which astonishingly tasted ok but wouldn’t have filled up a vaguely peckish slug

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh jeez, sneaked a look at Twitter and they've all discovered poetry for the first time ever.
muppet.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Short interview with Allegra. At around 1:35 she mentions that she is violently allergic to oysters. What a huge coincidence that Jackie suffers from this too! Or is she doing her usual trick of borrowing stories from other people, because she’s an empty husk of a human?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I'd say she's on the countdown to a major tantrum. The Gizzy/Miguel thing and the whole tin can festival will have her fuming, the paranoia that anyone asking simple questions on her socials is from Tattle, Allegra not calling to offer her a supper club night at her restaurant...

Batten down the hatches folks x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She could make it a panio restaurant were people could come and sing and play and when she has the time she could come out and warble her own renditions to her adoring diners. Sounds like a dream.....

Honestly though I do think she should work in a kitchen before she even considers running one. She needs to get a decent feel of a busy kitchen before she can run one.
1598626858061.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
1598627264052.png

I can tell you what you've missed
Not a tender, loving suitor's kiss
Nor starlight gleaming upon your face, so pale
You minging twit, you missed your nails.

Best thing that TS Eliot ever wrote was Macavity the Mystery Cat, duck The Wasteland and the desolate January in a near derelict sixth form in the arse end of nowhere breaking the bastarding thing down into its constituent molecules. And duck the never ending abject misery, self pity, blatant anti-Semitism and water related ideation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.