Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also think she be better getting the bus. Her route seems like a dodgy one. I have gotten the late train a few times and I only ever witness people getting a bit too amorous whilst a little bit tipsy or drunk people talking absolute shite.

I am normally coming back from traveling I don't tend to use the train for nights out.
to be fair, the Southend line is a rough ride.

Reactions: 3
Yay!!
I am now embarking on my career as a brain surgeon for exactly the same reasons!

I've mentioned before about how joyful she with food. I love Allegra! She made a programme ages ago (I've forgotten the name!!!) teaching time poor families to cook.
It was her and another chef (again, can't remember who, sorry Cabal!) trying to get these people to cook for themselves and fall in love with eating again.
The one thing that sticks in my mind is the absolute joy Allegra had when one family made stock out of a roast chicken carcass. She was nearly in tears.
Economy Gastronomy? I found the accompanying book in a charity shop and it’s fab!

She really is such a joy 😍 and is joyful about food...the complete opposite to Mackie 🙃

Reactions: 8
(I cant upload photos to tattle anymore so twitter is my workaround) can you imagine if she opened a restauranta the meltdowns whenever she got bad reviews?! She does not have the temperament 😐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I honestly have a deeply personal and long-held hatred for TS Eliot, the absolute wanker #veronicaspoetrycritique
Yup.

Is it a sign of a dirty mind that my favourite poem is Donne's To My Mistress On Going To Bed? It's the one that has Licence my roving hands and let them go.... I think my second favourite is Dylan Thomas's A Refusal to Mourn the Death. That's not including most of Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verse which I read and reread as a child till I knew most by heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yup.

Is it a sign of a dirty mind that my favourite poem is Donne's To My Mistress On Going To Bed? It's the one that has Licence my roving hands and let them go.... I think my second favourite is Dylan Thomas's A Refusal to Mourn the Death. That's not including most of Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verse which I read and reread as a child till I knew most by heart.
I love this one ... (Frogs by Norman MacCaig - I love all his work but this is a great wee typically unpretentious one).

Frogs sit more solid
than anything sits. In mid-leap they are
parachutists falling
in a free fall. They die on roads
with arms across their chests and
heads high.

I love frogs that sit
like Buddha, that fall without
parachutes, that die
like Italian tenors.

Above all, I love them because,
pursued in water, they never
panic so much that they fail
to make stylish triangles
with their ballet dancer's
legs.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yay!!
I am now embarking on my career as a brain surgeon for exactly the same reasons!

I've mentioned before about how joyful she with food. I love Allegra! She made a programme ages ago (I've forgotten the name!!!) teaching time poor families to cook.
It was her and another chef (again, can't remember who, sorry Cabal!) trying to get these people to cook for themselves and fall in love with eating again.
The one thing that sticks in my mind is the absolute joy Allegra had when one family made stock out of a roast chicken carcass. She was nearly in tears.
It was Paul Merrett I think.it was a very enjoyable programme.

Reactions: 5
Do you have to audition? I just assumed you applied for tickets to be in the 'audience' and got yummy food
Well, Ok audition may be stretching it but they do ask for photo apparently. You can be on the pier while filming and get to meet the celebs while filming, a friend got rather giddy meeting Danny DeVito down there.

Reactions: 10
Sharing this again to go with my above screenshot and allowing myself a gif to go with my mojito as I've had a stressful few days and now going to turn myself into a sofa burrito 😂
@Marmalade Atkins that needs a trigger warning😂😂😂
5D39EBD3-18D4-41AD-AECE-95055EDC47BA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.