Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m all for recycling but I can’t imagine how naff using a cereal box for a bin is. Quite the juxtaposition next to a Cotswold dresser

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This right there highlights her laziness. She is such a couch potato that she has to have a maky bin down the side of the sofa and or bed. Also referring to her son as a small child in an earlier tweet when in fact at 10 years old a child is no longer small in size or mentality. She just says that to milk her 'single mum's status for all it's worth.
No wonder she cannot be arsed emptying them.

Reactions: 3
She’s retweeted Marcus Rashford -

505A21A2-746F-49F7-A09B-DBA269075D20.jpeg

Trying to get herself attached to that again when she did bugger all (publicly).

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Not doubting her telling of this story but also seem to remember another version, something about him questioning her ability to do something (tit, really can’t remember the details) but know it was different! Anyway, she beat him up and used the line “I don’t think a man being beaten up by his sister goes down too well in the army”.. or something like that...
She’s 5ft2 and hates to exercise - he’s in the military - and she decked him? Um, okay

Omfg the cheek of this, she’s spent more time chatting about the harvester salad bar and stupid biscoff than anything to do with this campaign!
Truth. Thankyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She's gone back to her original price tiers on Patreon:

$4 (was $4.80)
$8 (was $9.60)
$14 (was $16.80)
$24 (was $28.80)
$44 (was $52.80)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Did anyone notice this? She treating 'Potatoes' like The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

View attachment 224200
Well, it is her magnum opus and a seminal work of our time. It's only proper for it to be treated with the reverence it deserves.

------

The year is 2120.

The Earth has been ravaged by nuclear war, meteor strikes and solar flares.

The internet is a thing of the past, with history once again passed down through the oral teachings of a handful of scattered tribes.

In the sun-bleached ruins of a place once known, according to the old tales, as Southend, a lone scavenger in search of food stumbles upon a miraculously unscathed storage unit. The words "Cotswold Co. Ltd" are faintly visible through the thick film of dust.

Wrenching the doors open, the scavenger can barely believe the sight before him: one shelf entirely filled with tins of beans. The other, crammed to bursting with folders full of printed pages chronicling the wisdom of the scholars from the fabled land known only as "Tattle."

And right at the top of the pile, in a gold folder all of its own, he finds the single most important literary discovery in a hundred years. The first page simply reads "Potatoes, by Jack Monroe - age 32 1/4."

By the time he's finished reading, the scavenger - one of the few survivors trying to find his way in this broken world - has tears streaming down his aged, weather-beaten face.

"It's true what they say," he whispers to nobody, moved by the struggles of those who came before him and full of renewed appreciation for what little he has. "There's always someone worse off than yourself."

Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
And from that time; thenceforth, said scripture would be known as The Book of Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She’s retweeted Marcus Rashford -

View attachment 224303
Trying to get herself attached to that again when she did bugger all (publicly).
What a boy Rashford is though!

That’s right up there with using a bag to hold stuff!
Lol there is a tip on there about using a pita bread if you don’t have a clutch bag

Well, it is her magnum opus and a seminal work of our time. It's only proper for it to be treated with the reverence it deserves.

------

The year is 2120.

The Earth has been ravaged by nuclear war, meteor strikes and solar flares.

The internet is a thing of the past, with history once again passed down through the oral teachings of a handful of scattered tribes.

In the sun-bleached ruins of a place once known, according to the old tales, as Southend, a lone scavenger in search of food stumbles upon a miraculously unscathed storage unit. The words "Cotswold Co. Ltd" are faintly visible through the thick film of dust.

Wrenching the doors open, the scavenger can barely believe the sight before him: one shelf entirely filled with tins of beans. The other, crammed to bursting with folders full of printed pages chronicling the wisdom of the scholars from the fabled land known only as "Tattle."

And right at the top of the pile, in a gold folder all of its own, he finds the single most important literary discovery in a hundred years. The first page simply reads "Potatoes, by Jack Monroe - age 32 1/4."

By the time he's finished reading, the scavenger - one of the few survivors trying to find his way in this broken world - has tears streaming down his aged, weather-beaten face.

"It's true what they say," he whispers to nobody, moved by the struggles of those who came before him and full of renewed appreciation for what little he has. "There's always someone worse off than yourself."

Now duck off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Hello Fraus. I've been here since the early threads lurking under an alias and finally changing to my real self Babysnark after I worried about triangulation. I have at times posted utterly useless replies and added nothing to the thread.

I read you all every day but I'm always too far behind to properly get involved. Like some here I have bad mental health issues that affect my every day life. Every few pages of a thread I "hoot" at the comments here and other tattle threads which is something that is now rare for me.

The heady days of DKL are behind us. But I'm so glad we are all still here xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Hello Fraus. I've been here since the early threads lurking under an alias and finally changing to my real self Babysnark after I worried about triangulation. I have at times posted utterly useless replies and added nothing to the thread.

I read you all every day but I'm always too far behind to properly get involved. Like some here I have bad mental health issues that affect my every day life. Every few pages of a thread I "hoot" at the comments here and other tattle threads which is something that is now rare for me.

The heady days of DKL are behind us. But I'm so glad we are all still here xxx
Pop in to the food and drink thread on off topic sometimes there’s no need to keep up & am right there with you with the bad MH times & the hooting x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Pop in to the food and drink thread on off topic sometimes there’s no need to keep up & am right there with you with the bad MH times & the hooting x
I try to keep up there too but I have various love island celebs to keep tabs on as well as Mcfly wives (kind of joking). I would love to get more involved soon x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She is on a non stop shopping spree! Do her patreon backers not mind? She literally spends spends spends every day like Viv bloody Nicholson.
Bins now.
And that cat toy. A friend didn't send it. She saw the insta ad and thought "must aquire!"

It is stressing me out thinking of the money that flows out of her bank account every day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Instead of DKL, she should have been on Blue Peter - "here's one I made earlier with some sticky back plastic". She has a unique talent - spouting verbal diarrhoea. Any suggestions for what she could create out of all her rinsed baked bean cans? An extension of the Eurotunnel?

'Library-Lounge' ? Is this a crappy bungalow or a Tardis?
There was an article in the Daily Mail yesterday about Kate and William's Kensington Palace apartment having 20 massive rooms. Sounds like the same arrangement JM has going on in Southend.

It could herald the dawn of a new style of policing and reporting: just follow Mackie around and always be on the scene exactly when and where needed! She could be a very valuable tool indeed
Perhaps her ideal role would be as a presenter on Crimewatch. Jack 'I'm on the case' Munroe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.