Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair enough.
I would never dream of it with my cat though, he is my prince among men, my little lion, my handsome beast.
Yes, I know.
I’m the same 😂. Although it does try my patience a bit when mummy’s lovely big fluffy boy is puking up semi-digested mouse innards on the bedroom carpet.
I noticed this yesterday but just rolled my eyes at it:

View attachment 224310
FFS. I think they meant to say she won’t have “ANY” of the answers. Because if she can’t link it back to her, and make it all about her, then she won’t be arsed.

She's gone back to her original price tiers on Patreon:

$4 (was $4.80)
$8 (was $9.60)
$14 (was $16.80)
$24 (was $28.80)
$44 (was $52.80)
I think that will be because (legally) you can’t increase a pre-agreed regular deduction from someone’s card without getting consent first (which means at the very least telling people in advance that you are increasing the price so that they can opt out). Otherwise it is an unauthorised deduction and you are in the tit.

That’s right up there with using a bag to hold stuff!
Or putting stuff in to soak before doing the washing up.
She’s a genius. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Omfg the cheek of this, she’s spent more time chatting about the harvester salad bar and stupid biscoff than anything to do with this campaign!
It’s the gentle prodding that she should have some formal, official invite of involvement from Rashford for her to flex her ‘Bootstrap’ muscles. The arrogance. This is politics, she can say and opine whatever she likes. She could, say, offer her full support for the scheme and future developments but to offer the applause where it’s deserved, in Marcus's direction. But no, she wants to be asked and to receive a piece of the action and applause. Whaddacunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It’s the gentle prodding that she should have some formal, official invite of involvement from Rashford for her to flex her ‘Bootstrap’ muscles. The arrogance. This is politics, she can say and opine whatever she likes. She could, say, offer her full support for the scheme and future developments but to offer the applause where it’s deserved, in Marcus's direction. But no, she wants to be asked and to receive a piece of the action and applause. Whaddacunt.
Surely her research as a poverty writer could help. Could they not compare notes( outside of her own poverty of course) she could do something like nigella does to her give her shout outs about her work and then let her get him get on with it. She doesnt need to get credit for it, as it is his work.

Reactions: 9
Surely her research as a poverty writer could help. Could they not compare notes( outside of her own poverty of course) she could do something like nigella does to her give her shout outs about her work and then let her get him get on with it. She does need to get credit for it, that’s what she does
FTFY

Reactions: 7
So in the middle of a career nosedive she can just hop onto a successful campaign created by someone much more famous than herself, and what receive acclaim for the massive effort of doing retweets?
If Monroe really just wanted to let Rashford ‘get on with it’ she’d send him the notes anyway, without any fuss or attention. But no, the ultimate aim is always the same - self promotion. She’d hijack the whole bleeping thing and make it all about her...

Reactions: 25
it irritates me so much that she hasn’t worked out how to switch it to GBP 😣
Very JM to quote myself, I know!

But perhaps she’s reduced the prices back down because she was going to improve her patron then but NOW she can’t be arsed?

Reactions: 20
Perhaps her ideal role would be as a presenter on Crimewatch. Jack 'I'm on the case' Munroe.
Jack presenting crimewatch would be a great watch. She’d be tasked with presenting a brutal murder and would say ‘actually I’ve had a very similar but far worse event happen to me’ and somehow claim that she’d been murdered before but actually came back to life. She would then insist on solving every case herself (but would, of course, solve no cases because she couldn’t be arsed & had no skills).

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack presenting crimewatch would be a great watch. She’d be tasked with presenting a brutal murder and would say ‘actually I’ve had a very similar but far worse event happen to me’ and somehow claim that she’d been murdered before but actually came back to life. She would then insist on solving every case herself (but would, of course, solve no cases because she couldn’t be arsed & had no skills).
But what about her extraordinary tRiANgUlAtIoN skills?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I could see her doing 60 minute make-over. Let's call it 60 minute Jackover.

"Right you lot. You've got ONE SEVERE HOUR to donate as much as you can. If you shan't can't send cash, then send goods. Now duck OFF"

• Haha
Reactions: 14

But perhaps she’s reduced the prices back down because she was going to improve her patron then but NOW she can’t be arsed?
I've no doubt that her sudden flurry of output/involvement with Patreon was because of us.
Those poor saps have been fleeced and we started REALLY looking into it. She reads on here (hi Jack 🙋‍♀️) and gets a bit panicky because what she is doing is fraudulent and she could get in real tit. Taking money from people and not delivering goods in return is illegal. It also began to dawn on her that there are zero work offers coming through, although in her narcissistic brain she has no clue as to why.
Although her existing Patreon, tip jar, DKL, TM and Hellmans pennies all earning her thousands during quarantine she is still without her latest Ofjack to pay half the bills.
She ramps up the Patreon pity party and gets new schmucks to contribute and realises that she's got to start actually bleeping doing something.
Cue lots of messages and notifications 'please bear with us' and actually started sending out a couple of crappy postcards (not sure if anyone signed up to the tier which you had to cook all the recipes at your own expense and she never credited you)

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it...how is this legal? I just don't understand

Absolutely. I am surprised she doesn't have a wishlist on display somewhere for people to send her specific items.
Christ, don't give her ideas!!! She'll have a bloody Amazon gift list by the end of the week!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Can I just say, I love it when Tattlers quote themselves. It somehow brightens my day. I relate to it, as my permanent feeling when I'm on here is: I know I said this, but can I just add one more thing? And also this? Oh, and duck OFF NOW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It's really bugging me how the left hand side of the picture is slightly out of the frame! Like at least line up your picture properly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think she is keeping a low profile on this because she knows she cannot make an effect enough contribution that will be of any benefit, her 'experience is outdated now and she has not really kept up to date on the truth of poverty in 2020. Nor will she be front and centre now.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.