Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First and third! I couldn't stand the second series (sorry). I bought them all on DVD. Loved a box set binge!

It's the reason I sometimes shout 5-0 whenever I see the police šŸ˜‚
And itā€™s been been difficult not to shout out ā€œPaaaan-demicā€ too frequently over the last 6 months šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just don't understand why she thinks people expect her to post that video to twitter? I think it must be a case of oversharing because she lies so much, she's really keen to hammer home the few things that are actually true (I do believe her on this one). OR perhaps it's just flung out there in the hope Louisa will see it and get worried for poor ol Jackie being trapped on a train during a drunken brawl.

Reactions: 24
Yes - and the less said about S5, the better!
Yeh wasn't great with the serial killer nonsense. I think by that time they'd killed off or jailed most of the best characters and there wasn't really anywhere else for the show to go.

Ha ha, I'm far more enjoying talking about a 15 year old show with you guys than the latest antics of the Monroe!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Had some days off, missed most of the last thread and no time to Grunka so just read opening page here and wondered what the "dressing up for dinner was" and thought I'd see if it was on Twitter. Lo and behold....blocked. Actually don't know why! I'll need the Fraus for all my info now!
Pics for ya of the fabled outfit.
FC2DA5D2-0C03-4E77-9256-027BD0BCEF6C.jpeg
46FF3EDA-D386-42A3-86A5-911D86EB8CAB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Looking at the "dressed up" photos again, she does look a little like she's off to do her early morning paper-round.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Using some of her her dance-karate moves!

Still catching up but seeing this clip has reminded me of Ross ā€˜playingā€™ the piano. Maybe Mackie thinks playing an instrument is as simple as pressing buttons a la Ross?!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She said she filmed on one phone and called police on the other.

If it is true, I expect she filmed it surreptitiously rather than hovering over them documentary style.

"This is Jack Monroe, reporting live from the 00:50 to Southend. Bringing you news of a scrap, similar to the one I was involved in during my stint as an #oitnb body double for Ruby Rose."
"Hello, police? This is Jack Monroe here. Food writer, activist, poet, TV presenter, occasional singer, voice of the working classes, mothe - oh tit, they've got away."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Jackā€™s desperate to use nigella to further her career. She liked this tweet-nigella didnā€™t. She also replied with 3 (count ā€˜em šŸ™„) ā¤s.
Iā€™d find it so embarrassing to put pressure on someone so higher up than me professionally. It must make nigella feel awkward-Jack is shameless. A joint show would be absurd-Jack is no way even near to Nigella in terms of career, professionalism, experience.
Wonder how Jack would react if someone tweeted her, asking her to share the next job she (probably never) gets with an up and coming ā€˜poverty cookā€™?
ā€˜But this is MY nicheā€™ šŸ™„

"Hello, police? This is Jack Monroe here. Food writer, activist, poet, TV presenter, occasional singer, voice of the working classes, mothe - oh tit, they've got away."
Cannot stop laughing at this šŸ‘Œ

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Do you think nigella smiled through gritted teeth as she read that tweet.

It's one thing to support people it's another to work alongside them, especially when their work ethic is totally different to your own.

Reactions: 17
Thanks @JoyceDivision for the ear worm title!

Yea it goes through Barking @heretoreaditall2019.
To be fair to Jackie (though Iā€™m sure ā€œknowingā€ her itā€™s exaggerated) I've seen and heard of fights on that route but no mention of them online anywhere. Even when police are involved. It happens pretty regularly which is one reason I avoid the train as much as possible.
In the words of Mayor Vaughn, itā€™s a f*cking pleasure šŸ˜‰

The 16yo burst out singing West End Girls this morning and I genuinely thought heā€™d infiltrated the cabal for a hot second šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Either that or she's watching The Wire. I turned into a Baltimore resident for the duration of my marathoning of all 5 seasons, thrice over.
This made me laugh šŸ˜‚ When we were binging The Wire, there was ā€œan incidentā€ down our street, so forensics were in attendance, police cordon etc. I just walked past like šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Didnā€™t bat an eyelid šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I tell you what I am excited too see what she has been doing during her break when she is supposed to be resting. She's been so busy.....!!!! I am delirious with anticipation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Putting aside for a moment the fact she said she wasnā€™t going to show video footage on Twitter (because why on earth would anyone?) isnā€™t it highly inappropriate to even *talk* about being a witness to an assault on a child on Twitter?
If it happened exactly as she claims (sceptical but sure, jan) then surely that has to be one of the most horrific evenings of the victims life? Why is she tweeting about it to her hundreds of thousands of followers?

I would lose my mind if I were the victim of assault and she started yapping about it on Twitter.

Reactions: 11
Putting aside for a moment the fact she said she wasnā€™t going to show video footage on Twitter (because why on earth would anyone?) isnā€™t it highly inappropriate to even *talk* about being a witness to an assault on a child on Twitter?
If it happened exactly as she claims (sceptical but sure, jan) then surely that has to be one of the most horrific evenings of the victims life? Why is she tweeting about it to her hundreds of thousands of followers?

I would lose my mind if I were the victim of assault and she started yapping about it on Twitter.
And why does this tit always, always happen to Mackie? If ever thereā€™s a story, big event or serious incident happening in the Southend area then plucky Mackie is there to report or intervene. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was some kids getting carried away and that Monroe has exaggerated it beyond recognition..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And why does this tit always, always happen to Mackie? If ever thereā€™s a story, big event or serious incident happening in the Southend area then plucky Mackie is there to report or intervene. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was some kids getting carried away and that Monroe has exaggerated it beyond recognition..
She's just unlucky I guess. She always seems to be were the action is.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.