Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said she filmed on one phone and called police on the other.

If it is true, I expect she filmed it surreptitiously rather than hovering over them documentary style.

"This is Jack Monroe, reporting live from the 00:50 to Southend. Bringing you news of a scrap, similar to the one I was involved in during my stint as an #oitnb body double for Ruby Rose."

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Ahhh I could exchange Wire quotes all day.
Favourite series? Mine was the third. Hamsterdam.
Controversial but I love season 2! All that down the docks stuff and organised crime - love it! I also loved Marlo 🤣

I made a point to stop by in Baltimore on my way to NYC from Washington last year just to check out the town. Did some bar hopping, had a chat with a bunch of the Baltimore PD who happened to be in one of them, and ate a tit tonne of crab - it was great!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She said she filmed on one phone and called police on the other.

If it is true, I expect she filmed it surreptitiously rather than hovering over them documentary style.

"This is Jack Monroe, reporting live from the 00:50 to Southend. Bringing you news of a scrap, similar to the one I was involved in during my stint as an #oitnb body double for Ruby Rose."
Yeah I agree she most likely did it in a "quiet" fashion but still if someone is hopping mad like that and giving someone else a pasting l, would be worried they would see the filming happening and start on you. It would make the situation worse as not only would you be assulted but you would be of no use to the victim afterwards.

Did she never mentioned the victim afterwards, did she stick around, call them an ambulance???

Reactions: 4
I'm lost a bit here. Is she saying she saw a fight on a train and filmed it with one phone and called the police with another?!

Reactions: 6
My sister and I were talking about weird neighbours recently, she said she used to live below a really strange guy and looked him up on Twitter and discovered he had tweeted multiple ‘funny anecdote’ stories about her that were completely made up while she was living there! One example is a tweet that said something along the lines of ‘my New downstairs neighbour just borrowed a hammer from me, and said ‘it’s great to finally be neighbours with a REAL man’ and then some self deprecating comment etc. My sister says she remembers borrowing the hammer but said absolutely nothing close to that! And there were loads more that were weird embellishments on the truth or just completely made up stories. The funniest thing is that the guy is a blue ticker on twitter now!

This is how I imagine Jack to be on twitter - something very ordinary happens and she immediately finds a way to spin it into something tweet worthy (or not) to allow her to humble brag

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Controversial but I love season 2! All that down the docks stuff and organised crime - love it! I also loved Marlo 🤣
S2 is brilliant (Frank Sobodka - "We used to build tit in this country" 😭), but I think I'm going to have to agree with Poca, S3 is the shiiiiiiiiit. I don't believe for a minute that Jack's ever watched it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ahhh I could exchange Wire quotes all day.
Favourite series? Mine was the third. Hamsterdam.
First and third! I couldn't stand the second series (sorry). I bought them all on DVD. Loved a box set binge!

It's the reason I sometimes shout 5-0 whenever I see the police 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My sister and I were talking about weird neighbours recently, she said she used to live below a really strange guy and looked him up on Twitter and discovered he had tweeted multiple ‘funny anecdote’ stories about her that were completely made up while she was living there! One example is a tweet that said something along the lines of ‘my New downstairs neighbour just borrowed a hammer from me, and said ‘it’s great to finally be neighbours with a REAL man’ and then some self deprecating comment etc. My sister says she remembers borrowing the hammer but said absolutely nothing close to that! And there were loads more that were weird embellishments on the truth or just completely made up stories. The funniest thing is that the guy is a blue ticker on twitter now!

This is how I imagine Jack to be on twitter - something very ordinary happens and she immediately finds a way to spin it into something tweet worthy (or not) to allow her to humble brag
I'm such a bore that I've checked every Network Rail news site. Summat happened at East Croydon station and some trees fell down. No record of any serious assaults?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The Wire is the greatest television series ever made and I'll kick the shins of anyone who says otherwise.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Thanks @JoyceDivision for the ear worm title!

Yea it goes through Barking @heretoreaditall2019.
To be fair to Jackie (though I’m sure “knowing” her it’s exaggerated) I've seen and heard of fights on that route but no mention of them online anywhere. Even when police are involved. It happens pretty regularly which is one reason I avoid the train as much as possible.

Reactions: 12
I think the whole train thing is a massive embellishment of the truth. A minor being beaten up... might actually have been...a minor beating up. Or even just... slightly raised voices, and a leg protruding into the aisle.

I suppose that's the trouble with lying and exaggerating...when you do tell the truth it's hard to be believed. Fanny.

Reactions: 23

I made a point to stop by in Baltimore on my way to NYC from Washington last year just to check out the town. Did some bar hopping, had a chat with a bunch of the Baltimore PD who happened to be in one of them, and ate a tit tonne of crab - it was great!
Season 2 was also my favourite, I found the blue collar stuff relatable coming from that kind of background myself.

If you enjoyed the wire, check put top boy. Similar thing set in east london.

S2 is brilliant (Frank Sobodka - "We used to build tit in this country" 😭), but I think I'm going to have to agree with Poca, S3 is the shiiiiiiiiit. I don't believe for a minute that Jack's ever watched it.
Season 4 was heartbreaking the way it ended for the kids. All sucked into 'the game'in different ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had some days off, missed most of the last thread and no time to Grunka so just read opening page here and wondered what the "dressing up for dinner was" and thought I'd see if it was on Twitter. Lo and behold....blocked. Actually don't know why! I'll need the Fraus for all my info now!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Sorry I just don't believe her. A "group of men" who were "blocking the doors" as they "beat the tit" out of each other - an "horrific prolonged and violent assault in MY carriage". And Jack is trapped, unable to escape - and has to use her multiple phones to film it and phone the police.

Unless there is hard evidence this happened I don't believe a word of it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.