Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr ogre isn't totally blind and can use powerful magnifiers with whats left of his vision, I showed him that photo but I dread to think of how to describe it. He says it looks like baby poop.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's gone all quiet again. Do you think she is like Gollum/Smeagol and argues with herself on whether to post on twitter or not?
'Stupid fat Tattlers wants to ruin it for us, critiquing our slop'. I wonder if it's the Cotswold furniture or her Emin that is her precious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Poem wise, I'm afraid I am very much an uncultured Frau..
I do like 'they duck you up your mum and dad'
The one i remember off by heart (only first verse) Is The Jaberwocky.
I've just turned 50 and I learnt it by heart when i was 7. I won't post it all, but it is amazing. I am now going to shame myself by trying to type it out from memory and not google it....

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble beneath the waves. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome wraths outgrabe.'

It is absolute nonsense but does bring a sense of calm xx

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Well, Ok audition may be stretching it but they do ask for photo apparently. You can be on the pier while filming and get to meet the celebs while filming, a friend got rather giddy meeting Danny DeVito down there.
I missed seeing Mark Hamill when he was filming there by about 5 minutes. Devastated 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She's gone all quiet again. Do you think she is like Gollum/Smeagol and argues with herself on whether to post on twitter or not?
'Stupid fat Tattlers wants to ruin it for us, critiquing our slop'. I wonder if it's the Cotswold furniture or her Emin that is her precious.
I reckon she's a bit furious after making such a big fuss of her GREENGAGES yesterday and having F all to show for it. On account of her not actually being able to cook.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It’s her phone(s)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Poem wise, I'm afraid I am very much an uncultured Frau..
I do like 'they duck you up your mum and dad'
The one i remember off by heart (only first verse) Is The Jaberwocky.
I've just turned 50 and I learnt it by heart when i was 7. I won't post it all, but it is amazing. I am now going to shame myself by trying to type it out from memory and not google it....

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble beneath the waves. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome wraths outgrabe.'

It is absolute nonsense but does bring a sense of calm xx
That quote was used at uni when we were looking at grammar! Completely gibberish words but everyone immediately can point out verbs, nouns, and adjectives.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
'Working hands'

Alright love you've not been down the pits
We can't know that for sure. She's fit a lot in since 1988. I wouldn't be surprised if she was at the miners strike at Orgreave, sticking it to the pigs.

Despite that event taking place 4 years before her birth.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That quote was used at uni when we were looking at grammar! Completely gibberish words but everyone immediately can point out verbs, nouns, and adjectives.
Oh bless you for knowing this!! I love nonsense poems. Everything from The owl and the pussycat to Ricky Gervais' Flanimals!
Apologies dear fraus, but i did Google it and I'm gobsmacked by my own memory!!!

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My favourite of all is

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair
Where I sit.
There isn't really
Other stair
Quite like it.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top,
So this is the stair
Where
I always
Stop

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up
And isn't down
It isn't in the nursery
It isn't in the town
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run around my head
'It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!'

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Patreon

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.