Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The Instagram posts yesterday didn't get many comments. The first one got the most and then I guess people got bored. The first got 135 comments and the last one got 16. 11 pictures in total.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
When she starts early you know it's gonna be a DAY. She must've gotten up early today ie not slept in til 4pm.
I'd rather know what she had last night at the restaurant than all this bin crap. What did she get? Was it nice? As a food writer you'd think she would document nice dinners. Maybe that's too fancy
She sounds frustrated ,rattling on about bins .What didn't she get last night 🤭

• Haha

Bugger13

VIP Member
Shes been watching JO, thats how he talks about his recipes
And nigella-Jack has completely aped her style with all the ‘a tumble of jewels’ to describe sprinkling pomegranate seeds. Boils my piss but at least Nigella came up with it first (& can actually cook).
And is clearly too polite to be annoyed that Daniel Blake has nicked it (& also utterly ruined it).

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Well, Ok audition may be stretching it but they do ask for photo apparently. You can be on the pier while filming and get to meet the celebs while filming, a friend got rather giddy meeting Danny DeVito down there.
I missed seeing Mark Hamill when he was filming there by about 5 minutes. Devastated 😭

• Wow
Do you have to audition? I just assumed you applied for tickets to be in the 'audience' and got yummy food
Well, Ok audition may be stretching it but they do ask for photo apparently. You can be on the pier while filming and get to meet the celebs while filming, a friend got rather giddy meeting Danny DeVito down there.

Pigman

I thought she just published a book about good food for bad days? Yet she’s just admitted that she makes a fish finger/Mac n cheese/frozen veg combo?
So the recipes in her book are too complex to make when you’re having a bad day? Or are they so disgusting that the aforementioned abomination is actually a better option?

I am very sad about the risotto. I love risotto. What she has presented is not a fucking risotto. It looks like someone has poured bright purple chemicals over some sloppy overcooked long grain rice.
Husband and I are in mourning for the purple risotto a like 😥

I don't know how she got this idea... I've just had a look and the user name isn't anything similar to anyone I've seen posting. She's just fully para at this stage. Stop reading here, Jack. Just close down your Patreon and admit that you're middle class and we'll stop dissecting your every lie.

She is just a horrible lazy piece unfortunately

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
I just went down the Mumsnet AMA rabbit hole out of abject boredom, and came across this...

Perhaps I'm losing it, but didn't her mum claim at some point that JM had begged to get the birth marks removed? She's making it sound here like it was done against her will.

There are so, so, so very many versions of the same stories with Jack, no wonder it's impossible to believe anything she says.
Wow.. just wow. What a twat she is.

FlowerOfTheEast

VIP Member
The bowl isn't that big. They are the Sophie Conran ones. I've seen them in John Lewis and I'm certain that's the cereal bowl size not some massive one as she says it is.
Thank you for this, I actually quite like those bowls so was wondering where they were from! It's just crockery I like though, I draw the line at hammocks and sideboards and leopard print bags!

• Haha

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I'm honestly absolutely gutted that the BBC hasn't archived the June Whitfield / Jaime Winstone story of Jack's life. The episode descriptions alone are comedy gold. Ep1 - Why Grandma is not talking to Jack, and why soda bread is her favourite recipe. Ep 2 - Jack meets one of Southend's few on-off vegetarians, while her Grandma despairs of her granddaughter ever settling down.
I swear if you have a university log in you can access old bbc archives dating back a few decades through a website?! Can any of our learned fraus do it?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Well, all the late night, reading/blending/tweeting did have a positive side in that she engaged in a nice way with her mum. Easy to do isn't it J?
Though I think mum will withdraw her request for jam when she sees its been BLENDED. Her reaction will be equal to her tinned macaroni response :sick:

• Haha

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Yes, absolutely x

It will just be a greengage sauce - probably pretty tasty because, y'know, it's fruit and sugar, it's hard to go wrong. But it won't be spreadable in the way that jam is. I imagine she'll get round this by finding it SO delicious, she just eats it with a spoon :rolleyes:
Or just dunk that grubby finger in it, a la the anchovy butter of days gone by?

• Sick
  • Haha