Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Candytuft

VIP Member
I see SB has now moved to the next cliche cosplay phase of having a ‘gruesome’ bedroom. He’s 10, it’s not all up to him to keep it show home perfect like the rest of the house. What happened to his ‘chores’, another americanism for her, there.
Well, she’s put in a beg for Lego’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Lanie

VIP Member
Half of this post is blurred out for me, what's that all about?
Tap the blurred bit it comes up.

I think that's because she's looking around with that ridiculously forced smile going "Yes, that's right, it's ME, JACK MONROE, I'M HERE!!!"
Perhaps she was expecting pap shots. I honestly have never seen her in the papers other than the inane stuff she writes on there herself. I have never seen her papped so to speak. Should I have??

• Haha
Either that or she's watching The Wire. I turned into a Baltimore resident for the duration of my marathoning of all 5 seasons, thrice over.
This made me laugh 😂 When we were binging The Wire, there was “an incident” down our street, so forensics were in attendance, police cordon etc. I just walked past like 🤷‍♀️ Didn’t bat an eyelid 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
If she can eat that in a single sitting she is a greedy goblin. I don't tend to comment on portion sizes as it's none of my bloody business, but that's just crazy. There's more than a coffee cup of rice there, morelike a mugs worth
🙋🏻‍♀️ greedy goblin. I love rice and definitely eat too much of it 😂🐷🥰

• Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Babe, same.

I've been FIZZING reading the past few pages and have laughed up not only a lung, but assorted other organs too. You fraus and herren are all comic geniuses!
Come, come - it was you who teed off the day (night?) with that post-apocalyptic zinger. Absolute masterpiece, I’ve read it about, I’m going to say three, times. Like The Road crossed with It’s A Wonderful Life 😂

• Haha

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Jack went to the press screening... more strangers and more floral Jack writing.
"The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad. " Ugh

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards. Don’t tell me to check my privilege, I know it. I found a job as a local journalist through sitting at council meetings and waiting for a vacancy to come up, after applying for hundreds of others. The rest is history – and 90-hour working weeks to stay afloat. I am currently writing this at 4am, having started work at 7. Five years after falling down the benefits rabbit hole, I’ve almost repaid the bank charges and court orders from that energy bill and others besides. "
I honestly thought this was your satire of what she might write! This is terrible.

The funniest bits to me were her complaints about a twitter user saying Jack makes it all about herself, and the polician who said her retelling of her story was “boring”.

Of course, Jack ascribes this to society wanting to stamp out the working class, such as herself, and not allow them to tell their stories.

Rather than the fact that she does make it all about herself, and her repetitively going on and on about briefly dipping her toes into poverty is fucking tedious.

• Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I can't pick a fav. They are all so good and there's bits in each one that get to me more and more each time I watch it.
That being said, S4, when Stringer meets his maker... ooooft.
View attachment 223638

Just thinking, is there a specific thread for The Wire? lol
Don’t want to be a know-it-all but
That was at the end of series 3. I loved Stringer (and Omar) so that was a big moment for me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Cuileann

Chatty Member
View attachment 224485View attachment 224486
Oh I dunno, I can think of better things to get in the post!
'Betterer'. Like a 5 year old. I don't want to get into the territory of mocking her followers because they're victims of her scamming and lies and it doesn't seem fair, but come onnnn. Perhaps the way she writes, particularly in how she Capitalises Everything, presumably to, mummy blogging style, Importantantly Emphasise The Thing, rubs off on those who worship her?

The "collection" sounds a bit ominous.

And the using any rice thing - god she is such a fucking bore. Risotto rice is hardly much more expensive. Would you serve curry with risotto rice jack? Actually don’t answer that, she probably would.
If you did feel the need to substitute the rice, surely pudding rice would be a closer match.