Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The film would have been great, I can see it now. Ruby Rose sliding down the pole in full firefighting gear. Miserably being measured by a tailor for her passing out parade, Michael Caine bent at her knee with a tape measure. 'Traazers? On a bird?' He spits out his cigar in disgust. 'Chief likes a broad in stilettoes.' Etc..
I would watch this tbh. Love any Michael Caine film.
In another imagining, I can almost see Jack playing Eliza Doolittle in a play, looking for the next rich lady to "take good care of me, oh woooooouldn't it be lavvverleeeee"

"All I want is a room somewhere...with 8 Cotswolds Comp'ny dressers over there! With one enorrrrrmous chair £399.00 hammock! Oh wwwwwwouldn't iiiiiiit be lavvverleeeee, lavvverleeeee, lavvverleeeee eeeeee".

• Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 224485View attachment 224486
Oh I dunno, I can think of better things to get in the post!
'Betterer'. Like a 5 year old. I don't want to get into the territory of mocking her followers because they're victims of her scamming and lies and it doesn't seem fair, but come onnnn. Perhaps the way she writes, particularly in how she Capitalises Everything, presumably to, mummy blogging style, Importantantly Emphasise The Thing, rubs off on those who worship her?

The "collection" sounds a bit ominous.

Reactions: 11
I'm honestly absolutely gutted that the BBC hasn't archived the June Whitfield / Jaime Winstone story of Jack's life. The episode descriptions alone are comedy gold. Ep1 - Why Grandma is not talking to Jack, and why soda bread is her favourite recipe. Ep 2 - Jack meets one of Southend's few on-off vegetarians, while her Grandma despairs of her granddaughter ever settling down.
I swear if you have a university log in you can access old bbc archives dating back a few decades through a website?! Can any of our learned fraus do it?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm honestly absolutely gutted that the BBC hasn't archived the June Whitfield / Jaime Winstone story of Jack's life. The episode descriptions alone are comedy gold. Ep1 - Why Grandma is not talking to Jack, and why soda bread is her favourite recipe. Ep 2 - Jack meets one of Southend's few on-off vegetarians, while her Grandma despairs of her granddaughter ever settling down.
Was it radio or telly? I had access to Box of Broadcasts when I was a student, ostensibly so that we could use ancient radio programmes for research purposes, but it pretty much had everything in there. I went through a phase of listening to '50s detective programmes whilst doing the housework. Paul Temple trivia has turned into an unexpected pub quiz strength.

Point is, anyone who has access (you can only get it through educational institutions, not sure why) could probably find the June Whitfield japes on there.

ETA: @LavaFlake you beat me to it, haha! I was too busy reminiscing over all of that lost content

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Did she turn down the "Hollywood Movie Deal"....(ugh..who even says that? It's not the 50s) like she turned down that modelling contract she was emailed about? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
ELIZA JACK: No I don't. That's not the sort of feeling I want from you. And don't you be too sure of yourself or of me. I could have been a Fire Chief, Ballerina, Singer, Concert Pianist, Movie Star and Prime Minister, if I'd liked. I've seen more of some things than you, for all your learning. Experts like me can drag people down to make Patreon donations easy enough. And they wish each other dead the next minute. (much troubled) I want a little money. I know I'm a common ignorant expert, and you a catering college-learned gentlewoman; but I'm not dirt under your feet. What I done (correcting herself) what I did was not for the dresses and the sideboards: I did it because we were pleasant together and I come--came--to care for you; not to want you to make me rich, and not forgetting the difference between us, but more friendly like.

HIGGINS: But...I like girls, babe.

ELIZA JACK: Aha! Now I know how to deal with you. What a fool I was not to think of it before! You can't take away the knowledge you gave me. You said I had a finer palate than you. And I can be civil and kind to people, which is more than you can. Aha! That's done you, Henrietta Higgins, it has. Now I don't care that (snapping her fingers) for your bullying and your big talk. I'll advertise it on Twitter, Instagram and Only Fans that your culinary expert is only a Feisty Firefighter Single Mum Singer Poet Dancer Activist Pianist Sex Worker Saint Manic Pixie Dream Girl that you taught, and that she'll teach anybody to be a culinary expert just the same in six months for a thousand guineas and the entire stock of the Cotswold Furniture Company, an Emin, four engagement rings, a Lumie, a Dyson Fan, a fancy Pizza Oven, Vivienne (Gawd rest 'er soul) Westwood dresses and a mere six bedroomed Victorian Mansion on Southend Seafront. Oh, when I think of myself crawling under your feet and being trampled on and called names, when all the time I had only to lift up my finger to be three times as good as you, I could just kick a random man in the shins!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I swear if you have a university log in you can access old bbc archives dating back a few decades through a website?! Can any of our learned fraus do it?!
OOOHHH!!!!! I still have one. Triangulate that!!! Will have a little rummage.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Dang, is there any way you can share them? (That's probably against the law or something, isn't it? 😬)
Well, I have to use my work log in to access them and it seems to be logged. I don't know if there's a way for me to download the content and share but the fact that it would track back to my employer concerns me a wee bit. Sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well, I have to use my work log in to access them and it seems to be logged. I don't know if there's a way for me to download the content and share but the fact that it would track back to my employer concerns me a wee bit. Sorry.
No worries at all, don't apologise! But you must listen to at least some of it (whatever you can bear) and report back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh Jeez I've just had a little look at the first couple of pages of the BBC archive....hundreds of clips. My favourite so far is "Steve Wright in the afternoon with special guests Mack Jonroe and Timmy Mallett". I love TM!!! I bet he was dying to twit her with the foam mallett!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
....I know I have found my people when I see avatars like Ziggy the EDF energy "thing", and Dawn Wiener from Welcome to the Dollhouse...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.