Jack Monroe #579 She's essentially Scrappy-Doo in a bell jar now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's too lazy to start up on another service. She is a prisoner of having so many followers, although very few of them are engaging with her.

Reactions: 25
Do we think she is softly, gently, painstakingly creating another social media account somewhat beyond Twix? Like, some really obscure network where nobody has heard of her?!!!
She’s changed her settings so only people she follows can now comment on her Facebook account.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Do we think she is softly, gently, painstakingly creating another social media account somewhat beyond Twix? Like, some really obscure network where nobody has heard of her?!!!

Frantically trying to remove evidence of having accused a person she has identified clearly on Twix of stealing her Patreon income. So if he sues for libel, she'll say 'oh, no, I didn't do that, look, some strange person is getting into my Twix and writing stuff like that, they're deleting things, too'?

• Angry
Reactions: 30
This just popped up on my Facebook. Obviously a different kind of guest but I’d buy a can

E2850257-746E-4B88-AD6D-02F98F796ADA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
It was foolish of her to libel that pseudonymous account when she had previously revealed their identity. She never, ever, learns anything.

Reactions: 36
She's too lazy to start up on another service. She is a prisoner of having so many followers, although very few of them are engaging with her.
I joined Mastodon and later, Bluesky. I found some Twitter friends on both services, but building up a new social network takes time, and we all know she's lazy.

She also wouldn't be able to go in with the current pov story straight off the bat. If she came right out with "boiling lightbulbs, unscrewing the soap, sex in bins," right away, new people in her network would see it for what it was, an exaggeration or an outright lie, and would challenge it.

If she started off with something less extreme, anyone who remembered the pov story from Twitter/The Guardian would go "hang on a second, but I thought...?"

Her flying monkeys on Twitter are still there, after a fashion, but she doesn't have anything approaching them on Bluesky or Mastodon. If she tried her brand of aggressive defensiveness there, she'd just get blocked, and it's very hard to instigate a pile-on on either service because of the way they're designed.

Mastodon doesn't have an algorithm which pushes posts into people's timelines, the only way you see things is by them
  1. being posted by someone on your home instance and you happened to be looking at the home instance timeline at the time
  2. being retweeted by someone you follow, so it shows up in that feed
  3. them using a hashtag you're following
Bluesky does have a "popular with your followers" feed but you'd have to be looking at it at the right time. Otherwise, it works in the same way as Mastodon.

She'd get some traction from the "look everyone, bootstrapcook is here!" crowd but she'd then have to keep her narc rage in check while she built up an audience and I can't see it happening. She was on socials with the perfect sob story at the perfect time and those circumstances don't exist any more.

Reactions: 43
"boiling lightbulbs, unscrewing the soap, sex in bins,"
debut album dropping soon! album art would be that cringe-almighty snap of her with the shades and the sparkly filter that actually makes me want to cry it's so embarrassing (I SHAN'T find it because I need to run for a bus before it LEFT LEAVES)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Definitely. She coined it in with Sue Lee and no one will convince me otherwise.
Agree.

Her (then) popularity, coupled with the fact that the majority of the British public hated his guts and wouldn't have p*ssed in his mouth of his teeth were on fire, makes it highly likely that she scalped the public for many, many 000's of our British pounds.

It isn't only beans she rinses . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The huge problem she now has is the public speaking and festival work has virtually dried up and her reputation amongst her peers in the media industry is obviously mud. It's a quiet cancellation and this will be hurting her more than the random squigs on SM are doing to hold her to account .
If it carries on her remaining supporters will genuinely have nothing to say when they're asked "What good does she do?"
I used to think that she'd taken advice on how to claw back her reputation but her recent behaviour shows that she's alone and out of ideas.

Reactions: 33
The huge problem she now has is the public speaking and festival work has virtually dried up and her reputation amongst her peers in the media industry is obviously mud. It's a quiet cancellation and this will be hurting her more than the random squigs on SM are doing to hold her to account .
If it carries on her remaining supporters will genuinely have nothing to say when they're asked "What good does she do?"
I used to think that she'd taken advice on how to claw back her reputation but her recent behaviour shows that she's alone and out of ideas.
Love this for her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Love this for her
Me too because (and I’ve said this before), attention and drama are absolutely oxygen to her. If she were cancelled with a huge bang and loads of headlines she would have thrived off it. She would have loved it. But instead of a bang, she’s gone with nary a whimper. No matter what she does to try and get herself back into the public eye so many people are bored of her tit they are simply correcting the lies and moving on. She must be fuming.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I joined Mastodon and later, Bluesky. I found some Twitter friends on both services, but building up a new social network takes time, and we all know she's lazy.

She also wouldn't be able to go in with the current pov story straight off the bat. If she came right out with "boiling lightbulbs, unscrewing the soap, sex in bins," right away, new people in her network would see it for what it was, an exaggeration or an outright lie, and would challenge it.

If she started off with something less extreme, anyone who remembered the pov story from Twitter/The Guardian would go "hang on a second, but I thought...?"

Her flying monkeys on Twitter are still there, after a fashion, but she doesn't have anything approaching them on Bluesky or Mastodon. If she tried her brand of aggressive defensiveness there, she'd just get blocked, and it's very hard to instigate a pile-on on either service because of the way they're designed.

Mastodon doesn't have an algorithm which pushes posts into people's timelines, the only way you see things is by them
  1. being posted by someone on your home instance and you happened to be looking at the home instance timeline at the time
  2. being retweeted by someone you follow, so it shows up in that feed
  3. them using a hashtag you're following
Bluesky does have a "popular with your followers" feed but you'd have to be looking at it at the right time. Otherwise, it works in the same way as Mastodon.

She'd get some traction from the "look everyone, bootstrapcook is here!" crowd but she'd then have to keep her narc rage in check while she built up an audience and I can't see it happening. She was on socials with the perfect sob story at the perfect time and those circumstances don't exist any more.
The problem with starting afresh on a new platform for someone like her is that her reputation is so tarnished that as soon as she pops up, there will be as many if not more people saying she's a fraud and to duck off as there will be "oh I'm so happy you're here" simpering idiots. I genuinely think she's done as a public figure unless she comes back with a proper and genuine mea culpa (which the Shattenstone article was not, as she still didn't tell the truth about her past or the grifts).

Reactions: 33
The problem with starting afresh on a new platform for someone like her is that her reputation is so tarnished that as soon as she pops up, there will be as many if not more people saying she's a fraud and to duck off as there will be "oh I'm so happy you're here" simpering idiots. I genuinely think she's done as a public figure unless she comes back with a proper and genuine mea culpa (which the Shattenstone article was not, as she still didn't tell the truth about her past or the grifts).
The ever-shifting sands of her lies, half-truths and obfuscation mean there will never be solid ground on which she can stand to launch a comeback. And she has nothing to offer in the public space anyway -- she's not contributing to debate, generating ideas, championing any cause.

She;s done for. And not a moment too soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Re the labour thing - the silent 30 hours is bollocks. This is Jack, who got a splinter and considered going to A&E, who did a running Twitter commentary about said splinter. Jack who posts about every ailment she has or doesn't have. Jack who had the guts ache and was 'wailing like a banshee' to Leggy. Jack who needs softly, gently, carrying upstairs from her bed nest, because of ouchy arthritis. Jack who is incredibly needy for attention, all of the time. Do I believe she was actually in pain for once and chose to soldier on in silence for 30 hours? Erm, no 😂. This is just another one of her tales to show how 'tough' she is.

I've had 3 babies, and personally I'm in favour of a good old shout and a holler. There's no prize for being quiet, it hurts and I'm going to shout about it 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Also if the ebil tories lose, then she will have nothing to angry fist wave at... so even less to talk about and get attention for. It actually is better for her if they remain, so she can be angry!!!!

Reactions: 24
Also if the ebil tories lose, then she will have nothing to angry fist wave at... so even less to talk about and get attention for. It actually is better for her if they remain, so she can be angry!!!!
I've often wondered this, what those GTTO shouty twitter types will do once they're no longer in power? They would have got what they wanted so nothing to shout about anymore, surely? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.