Jack Monroe #575 The only poverty she's interested in alleviating is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She talks like a 12 year old who's just been forced to stand up in assembly and give a speech to the whole school.
The final shot where she’s fidgeting, so horribly awkward. If you don’t feel comfortable in the limelight do something where you’re not in it.

Reactions: 37
Nice to see she’s been reading the thread and is going for Richard Madeleys hairstyle.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack's nonsense about her university studies really infuriates me. Britain is such a brilliant country for lifelong learning, with a wealth of adult education colleges, a proud history of working class educational institutions and so many ways to enter higher education at any point in a person's life.

Yes, we know high fees and student debt are crippling, we know this government has attacked and undermined the universities, that there's a huge need for more funding to keep arts and humanities programmes, and that academic careers have become casualised due to the neoliberal model.

But... higher education is entirely achievable to anyone who really wants it. Jack's had 20 years since she left school to get her tit together and earn a degree. Or do an apprenticeship to learn a trade. All her blether is just that, hot air.

Just two examples:
1. My friend went to medical school in her late forties. She had to go back to GCSE science and maths, do the very difficult exam to get into a course, commute back and forth for 4 years to uni in another town while co-parenting young kids in her home town. She's bright and hard-working and determined. And she's now a junior doctor in the NHS, having served her hospital internship during Covid.
2. I live opposite a refugee hotel in London. There's an Afghan family living there, mum, dad and young toddler. Dad is an obstetrician but his qualifications are not recognised in the UK. So he's training and studying again, even after having done 12+ years training in his home country. While living in one room in a grim hotel, with no money and all their meals delivered in styrofoam boxes. He'll be an asset to the NHS when he's done.

Jack can sod off.
Amazing!
I am 45 and I’m currently studying for a degree. Growing up in a cult where women were not allowed to be educated, meant I don’t have the opportunity or the grades to allow further education, so I had to start again.
I bleeping love learning and expanding my mind

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Guys .....

Ugh. What the heckin' heck @Fareshare?!?

Not only is Jack completely discredited as a budget cook and anti-poverty activist, she's never been a regular unpaid volunteer of the kind they're trying to plug here.

Anyway... can't help noticing that Fareshare didn't go with their celebrity partner, Marcus Rashford, on this junket, despite waxing lyrical about him on their homepage. Perhaps he wasn't available. Or perhaps they thought it was great optics to go with a bunch of white women for this one.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Got some more screenshats
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0607.jpeg

I like this part when she gives a narc fury stare then storms across the room like she’s about to shiv someone in the back with a homemade shank she fashioned out of old tins.
IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg
IMG_0610.jpeg
IMG_0611.jpeg
IMG_0612.jpeg
IMG_0613.jpeg
IMG_0614.jpeg
And this part where she’s not listening cos she’s busy preening and checking how smokin’ hot she looks
IMG_0615.jpeg
IMG_0616.jpeg
IMG_0617.jpeg
The body language here at the end where they’ve clearly been posted for the camera speaks absolute volumes
IMG_0618.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Ugh. What the heckin' heck @Fareshare?!?
Pretty obvious that they signed her up for this without proper due diligence, got the backlash when she mentioned them and worked out a damage limitation strategy to

1) not introduce her or say her full name if at all possible
2) minimise her screen time
3) not show what she’d been responsible for cooking
4) turn off comments
5) focus on Candice and their own volunteers
6) not signpost that she was involved
7) not allow her to be shown/seen as an anti-poverty activist or budget cook

She’s finished.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Was she lifting those boxes?? What happened to ‘mostly use a spoon these days’

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Here we go:

Complete with the famous "the vulgarities of minor celebrity", outright lies that Tattle had tried to ruin her life and get her fired from her job on DKL, and claiming that she was studying "a five-year BSc in Nutritional Therapy"
Oh my god. I've never read that before - the photos are so ridiculous I never got any further than them. Oh my god.

I just don't believe it could have worked like that. How did she pay for it? How did she pay for the train tickets? How come instant long term childcare was suddenly possible after all?

Has anyone ever actually contacted her employers or the RSPCA or anyone about her?I mean I just don't believe that if they did, it had any connection to here.

And talking about someone like this isn't harassment! This isn't for her to read! Gaaah

There's a lot in there though. Marauding happens. There's a flurry. There's an infamous landmark legal trial. There's a billion very close friends she met yesterday

is upsetting though. It's like she writes this tale of woe and being a wraith and a wreck who was zonked out on jellies all day every day and then goes "oh crap i tell people I'm the best mum ever too " and adds in a quick"uhh but I still gave my son meals and took him to school! Even though I couldn't function!" then promptly (used correctly) starts talking about staring at a wall for two days. Ugh. Then she invents a scenario where her son thanked someone for making mama well again just to synthesise the whole thing. "See! He was there and I'm not pretending it didn't affect him after all even though I literally just said that". Ugh poor kid.

Also isn't that the one where she pretended what's obviously her rib cage is a peeky cheeky lil pot belly? Lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
No earrings and no expensive watch.
You can recognise the dish that she's prepared straight away.
It's brown, no texture and it's feckin' mushrooms.....again.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Wonder if now everyone’s seen her we’re at last going to get a filtered to duck damage limitation selfie?
IMG_0626.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_0630.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Nope, can't watch it. I'm putting my sphincter first for once.

I bet she's dying to share the video on Xwitter to stick it to the "trolls" who thought she wasn't actually involved with FareShare. Telling the truth about one thing in ten years isn't the flex she probably thinks it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She really doesn’t like it when she’s not getting the attention she feels is her due, does she?

Bragg Busking Face
View attachment 2973799Leggy, LookAtME! FaceView attachment 2973805
Daytime Dementor FacesView attachment 2973807View attachment 2973804
Lost Ladle Face
View attachment 2973786FareShare Fury Face
View attachment 2973790
Lost Ladle Face from @DianeAbbotsMojito here
Where’s lost bobble face?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Pretty obvious that they signed her up for this without proper due diligence, got the backlash when she mentioned them and worked out a damage limitation strategy to

4) turn off comments

She’s finished.
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first gig she's had all year? Agent Adrian must be on sabbatical or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

4) turn off comments

She’s finished.
Maybe she thinks she's so famous she needs no introduction?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.