Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
Forsooth, dost thou know where one can purchase tuppence worth of cumin?

Also the man gays have no leader - we’re generally too busy shagging each other.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
I don’t think Nigella follows her any more. I followed guest and Nigella and if I go onto ’followers I know‘, Nigella isn’t on the list.

Also love this. A couple of cooks talking.

084B6734-85BC-48E6-AAB0-1610D75A73B7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

MancBee

VIP Member
Not if you're dead. Because dead people can't riot, you know.

On Australian time so I'm guessing this has been well done by now!
DEAD
PEOPLE
CANT
RIOT
either, according to Jack.

Also on Australian time.
Celebrating because it's amazing news for my sister health wise. So glad I came though. I can now start enjoying our time together.

Jack has no idea what it's like to have that feeling of dread deep down inside you when someone you love is seriously ill.

I doubt she could ever love anybody as much as she loves herself. All that faux self deprecation, makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

pumbilical cord

Chatty Member
I live in a deprived community. Access to shops selling cheap herbs and spices is one of the cool things about my area. Evidently Jack barely leaves Thorpe Bay.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

ahkrin

Dunno if I've mentioned this before but I went to one of Big Lin's award ceremonies with work last year and during dinner she did a tour of the room with her entourage. Most of the people on my table had no idea who she was (I did but I'm not a crawler) so we didn't fawn all over her so she moved VERY swiftly on. It was honestly quite creepy how cult-like it was. Meanwhile the proper famouses were way more chill and friendly, and didn't have a crowd of hangers on following their every move.

She would absolutely have a volcano lair if she could.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68

Fruitjack

VIP Member
For very old timers, just to prove that things don't change, I have just felt Mr F's hand wandering round my leg and slapped it away with a 'no, I'm catching up on Jack Monroe'. 'What's she doing now?' (In a resigned fashion) 'oh nothing but I'm reading about her drying mushrooms on a radiator and mixing them with pasta and white chocolate again'

That certainly dampened his ardour.

• Haha
  • Sick

BeardyBap

VIP Member
We need to consult with the workers on the ground in that depot. Leave this to me, these are my people.
What ho and ey up, stout northern yeomen, how goes the collab with the pov princess of Shoeburyness?
IMG_5243.jpeg

Oh.

• Haha

Elsie Ben Felyn

Chatty Member
Tweeting about someone else’s campaign = important Jack work.

i retweeted ‘Children in Need’ a few times,doesn’t make me Pudsey Bear.

• Haha
Reactions: 67

MurielSnark

VIP Member
The latest Private Eye has an item on Big Lin.

"A busy week for Linda Riley, publisher of DIVA magazine, Labour advisor on LGBTQIA issues, serial creator and dissolver of businesses, and one of the key figures behind the Jack the Ripper museum, which was pitched to planners as a "dedicated resource to women's history" but turned out to consist mostly of dioramas of them being sexually mutilated and murdered.

On 26 April the DIVA Awards, one of several lucrative prize ceremonies overseen by Riley's labyrinth of companies, culminated with the Outstanding Contribution to the LGBTQIA Community gong, which the mag billed as the "induction of one special person into the DIVA Hall of Fame". It went to...Linda Riley!

This came just two days after the inaugural DIVA film festival, which kicked off with a brand new documentary, The Life of Riley, devoted to, er, Linda Riley. The film got a glowing write-up on the DIVA website, which noted that "one of the marking features of The Life of Riley is its candid look at the life of Linda Riley ", reported that the director had to battle to edit it down from a "first cut over five hours long ", and upped the title race yet further by noting that "audiences waited in anticipation to learn more about the trailblazer who has often been described as the 'Head Lesbian of the World' ".
That's spectacular. Good old Private Eye.

• Haha
I think she made more than 100k from sue lee. More like 200k with her follower numbers. There was a hmo with serval self contained flats that sold the next week after Sue Lee for 975k in Southend which I think she bought. She got 200k from sue lee and a mortgage for 80% LTV to buy the flats and has been raking it in from the renters.
It takes more than a week to buy a block of flats, even if you're a commercial property investor with most if not all of the purchase price in cash. Jack would never pass KYC and money laundering checks if she tried to use the sue lee money as a deposit, it would raise enormous red flags.

"Source of funds?"
"My Twitter followers."
"What?"
"My twitter followers. [Insert honking explanation here in which Jack contradicts herself twice and reveals that the money was donated for another purpose entirely]."
Mortgage advisor: "Get out."

Last edited:
  • Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
FFS that ridiculous “they said I was Nigella!” shite. We could create a Jackmas Carol out of all her stupid fantasies.
🎶🎵Fiiiiiiive people said 🎶🎵
IMG_9634.jpeg

🎵🎶Four Tommy Shelbys 🎶🎵
IMG_9648.jpeg
IMG_9647.jpeg
IMG_9650.jpeg
IMG_9649.jpeg

🎵🎶 Three “LEGS SHUT”🎵🎶
IMG_9638.jpeg
IMG_9637.jpeg
IMG_9635.jpeg

🎶🎵Stopped by 2 MPs🎵🎶
IMG_9633.jpeg

🎵🎶And a grateful Cockernee Bob-byyy🎵🎶
IMG_9639.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I think Riley looks a right mess most of the time. Not her face or body but the way she stands with her hands in her pockets and shirt tails hanging out with gaping shirt buttons.
I'd be a hypocrite to say she is beyond criticism when I've poked fun at guest, Depher and others 🤷‍♀️
Yeah but the thing is when people take the piss out of Linda’s appearance it’s triggering if you’re a lesbian who looks and/or dresses like Linda. If you’re not that lesbian, fine, but just understand that lots of things about Linda’s appearance relate to a culture that you maybe don’t understand, or aren’t part of. It only takes a few comments and it snowballs, people chip in that it’s “moderating”, which it isn’t, it’s educating that you might unknowingly be upsetting canal members by going in on a side-character, who has her own threads.

Ten pages later someone else logs on and starts reading and reignites the whole thing, making it a bigger issue, losing the nuance. It’s exhausting. The canal used to feel like a queer space, clearly that’s changed.

Linda grew up poor, then the family came into money with the museum.

They’re having a massive legal battle about the cash/house, involving a disabled sibling.

Im hoping to receive a Linda Riley award for the most posts about Linda Riley.

Last edited:
  • Heart