Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now on a deep dive of the Depher threads thanks to this week’s explosion of anger over grifters so apologies to any Fraus and Herrs that get notifications on posts they wrote months ago. I knew he was suss, and he’s mentioned on grifter threads but had no idea how shady he actually was/is!

Jack must be worried AF about the hammer falling on her now I reckon. All this bravado posting she’s doing, swaggering around acting like she doesn’t give a toss, is all, as always, a load of old toot toot. Behind the scenes I bet she’s shaking like a shitting dog that she’s next in the list.

Even if she isn’t - GOOD. She deserves sleepless nights (and not because of ❄❄❄) after what she’s done for a bleeping DECADE. Prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
For anyone who’s new here and is wondering why she’s a byword for grift, our Wiki at the pink button above at top of page is a wonderful resource.

This 2023 Medium piece from “Pollyana” is a great quick and clearly laid out primer, with sources/evidence all in Jack’s own words

(click anywhere on what looks like the ss-it’s the link, or it comes up if you do an online search for it)

• Heart
Reactions: 54
1000028865.jpg

OH MY bleeping GOD the nerve of her. You had a two book deal with your original publisher and A Year in 120 Recipes bombed so you didn't get offered another one!
And, as pointed out by the Frauen who have the receipts, you did indeed keep your readers waiting for a VERY long time and eventually delivered a poor quality black and white piece of crap while traaazering the remaining money and not fulfilling the rewards. You fraudulent piece of tit.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Is she properly back-ish? Really?! Now I need to catch up completely, keep up to date with Depher AND watch the Inghams in Dubai tit show. What a time to be alive! *sweeps all work off desk*

• Haha
Reactions: 48
And, as pointed out by the Frauen who have the receipts, you did indeed keep your readers waiting for a VERY long time and eventually delivered a poor quality black and white piece of crap while traaazering the remaining money and not fulfilling the rewards. You fraudulent piece of tit.
AND when the far better quality version of the book she’d “self published” was finally published by Bluebird in August 2018, she IMMEDIATELY launched a SEPARATE grift where if you paid your money into her personal PayPal account, she’d “buy” copies of her own book (that she’d already been paid by both her Kickstarter backers AND her publisher to write) to send to “people in need, food banks and good causes”.
IMG_9528.jpeg

IMG_9527.jpeg

She repeated this grift several times in the following weeks, including tying it to a post about Katie Hopkins. All these posts are long, long deleted and she provided no evidence whatsoever that these books were ever “bought” with the money grifted into her PERSONAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT, or of them being sent anywhere.
EIGHTY THREE PAGES (allegedly) of food bank addresses she was (allegedly) sending her book to in the less than THREE DAYS since she launched this grift on 3rd September.
IMG_9530.jpeg
IMG_9529.jpeg
Here she is repeating the grift and tying it to a completely unrelated post about Katie Hopkins. She’s “matching” the donations, by the way.
IMG_9531.jpeg
IMG_9532.jpeg
Here’s the link to her deleted tweets from that time. These screenshots are the posts on 15th, 6th and 3rd September.
Less than two months later, she launched a SEPARATE grift where if you sent money TO HER, she would send her NEXT book (that wasn’t even due to be published for another six months) to food banks. There was never any proof provided of the amount of money and books she “donated” there, either.
IMG_9534.jpeg
IMG_9533.jpeg
Here’s the link to THAT grift!

Jack Monroe is a charlatan, a liar, a scammer and a THIEF.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Given her raging incompetence incontinence, maybe she should start campaigning for food poverty. Maybe then we'll see a reduction.
sorry to do this to you fraus and @nothanksbabes specifically but FIFY but it would have been stuck in my head all day if I didn't #slops

(brought forward from last thread)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 2941145

OH MY bleeping GOD the nerve of her. You had a two book deal with your original publisher and A Year in 120 Recipes bombed so you didn't get offered another one!
A Year In… was such a misstep. While it’s not much mithered over it’s a really crucial part of the story. Her whole USP was cheap family friendly food coming from a poor plucky pixie with an adorable tow headed toddler. A Year In didn’t capitalise on that, it was trying to be a more cheffy/lifestyle book, which was neither appealing to her original audience, or the kind of people who like cheffy books because it was a very poor version of that genre. She utterly failed to build on the brand she’d originally created. If she’d really marketed her USP from the start with proper social media, including a YouTube channel she’d have set herself up nicely. Instead she got carried away with fame and trying (pretending) to be a real chef.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
In all the excitement we missed marking the two year anniversary of Sue Lee/a year since the statute of limitations expired rendering the “ring fenced” money hers all hers. Kind of the Guardian to amplify the original grift for her while never ever following up to clarify that it was all bollocks.
Mind you, not surprising. They have form for amplifying and bringing her £££ grifts to a wider audience and never following up. Where’s the VBI, Guardian?View attachment 2941118
Send me your money so I can send my cookbooks to food banks!
This one about the Kickstarter is MINDBLOWING from start to finish. Not only for bringing this particular grift to a much, much wider audience but also for allowing her to imply on December 4th 2015 on their international NEWSPAPER platform that it was already written, when it wouldn’t see the light of day until Spring 2018
View attachment 2941051
And she smashed her target in a day, but still kept it open for a month ultimately raking in View attachment 2941065
View attachment 2941061
AND the fact that when she’d raised less than 1/3 of what she’d ultimately rake in she wasn’t sure how she’d manage distribution, but didn’t close it there and then and just kept raking in the cash anyway.
View attachment 2941054
AND that she lied about this…as the publishing deal for the very same book was announced a mere two months later and it wasn’t published by Bluebird for three and a half years after that announcement as she didn’t finish writing it til 2018.
View attachment 2941056
AND she’s saying here she “never fell out with” her publishers despite later lying and claiming to her Kickstarter backers they dumped her for coming out as trans, which is why she was forced to self-publish
View attachment 2941113Like I said, that entire article from start to finish is MINDBLOWING and just like all the others (and more times than just the above), where the Guardian actively advertised these grifts for her, they have never, ever followed up on any of these or published anything to the contrary about any of them.
The “updates” and comments are particularly illuminating.

To clarify for anyone reading who’s unfamiliar: she manipulated and guilt tripped anyone who attempted to ask where the book was and three years later a number of people never got their books, a complete lack of transparency around the “donation” copies people had paid for, international buyers were forced three years later into paying extra for postage etc etc etc etc etc
The sentence "rest assured, I have thought of most eventualities in a very long business plan" from the Kickstarter page has aged ~exceptionally~ well.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
A Year In… was such a misstep. While it’s not much mithered over it’s a really crucial part of the story. Her whole USP was cheap family friendly food coming from a poor plucky pixie with an adorable tow headed toddler. A Year In didn’t capitalise on that, it was trying to be a more cheffy/lifestyle book, which was neither appealing to her original audience, or the kind of people who like cheffy books because it was a very poor version of that genre. She utterly failed to build on the brand she’d originally created. If she’d really marketed her USP from the start with proper social media, including a YouTube channel she’d have set herself up nicely. Instead she got carried away with fame and trying (pretending) to be a real chef.
100% agree - A Year... has Leggy's fingerprints all over it but it was a real misstep.

Reactions: 50
I think Leggy was trying to help her rebrand. Guest was never really committed to the “feeding the povs” narrative, it was just a way to get famous. So this I think was an attempt to shift to a more mainstream, lucrative, public-eye career built on the fact she already had a cookbook. The recipes are better in that book because she had Leggy’s input. Needed more than that though: talent, charisma, commitment and a work ethic. Oh dear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
And... she was pretending to be a real chef to get back at Leggy who'd given her the heave-ho. Leggy had helped with the previous book massively AND introduced Jack to her world of professional cooks. But when she sent Jack packing, her resentment and anger shaped into her usual "duck you, I can do better all on my own, no need to train or study, already completed it mate".

• Heart
Reactions: 38
AND when the far better quality version of the book she’d “self published” was finally published by Bluebird in August 2018, she IMMEDIATELY launched a SEPARATE grift where if you paid your money into her personal PayPal account, she’d “buy” copies of her own book (that she’d already been paid by both her Kickstarter backers AND her publisher to write) to send to “people in need, food banks and good causes”. View attachment 2941165
View attachment 2941163
She repeated this grift several times in the following weeks, including tying it to a post about Katie Hopkins. All these posts are long, long deleted and she provided no evidence whatsoever that these books were ever “bought” with the money grifted into her PERSONAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT, or of them being sent anywhere.
EIGHTY THREE PAGES (allegedly) of food bank addresses she was (allegedly) sending her book to in the less than THREE DAYS since she launched this grift on 3rd September.View attachment 2941172View attachment 2941173Here she is repeating the grift and tying it to a completely unrelated post about Katie Hopkins. She’s “matching” the donations, by the way.
View attachment 2941178View attachment 2941180
Here’s the link to her deleted tweets from that time. These screenshots are the posts on 15th, 6th and 3rd September.
Less than two months later, she launched a SEPARATE grift where if you sent money TO HER, she would send her NEXT book (that wasn’t even due to be published for another six months) to food banks. There was never any proof provided of the amount of money and books she “donated” there, either. View attachment 2941196View attachment 2941197Here’s the link to THAT grift!

Jack Monroe is a charlatan, a liar, a scammer and a THIEF.
bleeping hell it’s actually outrageous isn’t it. Sometimes the cold hard grift gets diluted because of all the other pointless lies but it’s absolutely shocking she’s got away with it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Tell you what ninnes, I've had a shocker of a week (v bad reaction to tramadol that's stopped me eating I feel so bad) but these threads and the continous JM shitshow has kept me going! She hasn't changed at all has she. No self awareness, no self reflection. Sorry to keep banging on about the 12 steps, but there's no way she's done a step 4 self inventory

• Heart
@Valiofthedolls has done all the work for a mainstream mass media Depher-style exposé whilst it’s a hot topic. If only they’d just damn well get on with it - cowards 😠

Absolutely brilliant work Vali 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Even the pennies in the bath shoot she couldn't help herself and not lie about it. Aside from the terrible interview, which she'd have realised if she knew how to be introspective every so often, the photoshoot retelling had more falsehoods.

I'd laugh more if it wasn't just so bloody infuriating and always with an eye and hand out for more grifting.

Reactions: 36
You all jest ninnies, but I went round my mother-in-law's house at the weekend and she'd bought a load of second hand cake spoons off Vinted 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.