Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EllaEm87

VIP Member
I have a porch. It has umbrellas, dog leads and coats and boots in it. It’s south facing but no one has ever sat in there chatting about anything.

She’s now trying to make out that her son not only went to the cinema with her yesterday but also stayed the night and is going to be thrilled to see all the photos other people have taken of the aurora from Friday nightView attachment 2930414

Giving me very much these vibes.

Thanks to @Valiofthedolls for the screenie
As if her son doesn’t have a smart phone/ laptop and couldn’t just google images of the northern lights himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 68

Geetbo

VIP Member
I also don't understand going to the cinema on one of the hottest days of the year when you live by the seaside.
I suppose from SB’s point of view if he goes to the cinema he doesn’t have to talk to her or eat any slop.

• Haha

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Goodness, the school run must have been tricky this morning if she had to drop her teenager off at the school gates then hot foot it to Barnsley

• Haha
  • Wow

MooBelle

VIP Member
What I don't get us how she thought she was going to do it? It's clear from the book sales from home chaos that she can't use a simple spreadsheet let alone a more complicated one that the VBI would require. Her naivety is almost childlike, she had an idea, got some attention for it, realised the grift potential and ran with it. With absolutely no f*cking idea how to actually do it. It feels like she very emotionally stunted, a bit like Trump is, stuck in toddler mode.
I would say It’s not naivety it's arrogance. She's been spoiled and indulged her whole life so she thinks she's the best of everything and therefore can do anything. It was on show at the time she started waffling on about the VBI. Economists, academics and FT journalists tried to point out was she was spouting was wrong and she tried to out argue them. Pure narcissism.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Elsie Ben Felyn

Chatty Member
We’ve all endured more Northern Lights than Blackpool on social media today. But no. Jack started it. MeMe Monroe strikes again.

D0C7CFF8-882E-4E76-B3EA-84061F332F51.jpeg

---
Oh she’s giving me the rage!
Why is she so thrilled for everyone who has seen the lights? I mean they’re cool and that but for fuck’s sake.

Just be normal!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 66

MancBee

VIP Member
Why is she like this?
Where to start? How long have you got?

Narcissism would probable top of the list, closely followed by strange upbringing, being a compulsive liar, sibling jealousy/rivalry, self absorption...

I could go on, and I'm sure the other Fraus and Herren could add their own favourites.

• Heart
  • Haha

Foxvint

VIP Member
I see things I disagree with almost daily on all threads I frequent. If I didn't it'd be an echo chamber of confirmation bias. Sometimes I feel strongly enough to state my own little counsel for the defence, sometimes not. Ppl have shown me generosity and understanding when profoundly disagreeing with me. I don't understand trying to police acceptable parameters for anyone unless they're breaking tattle rules- the 1st of which I believe is about NOT policing acceptable expression of other posters.

• Heart

Florid Language

I think St Jack of Thorpe Bay will definitely be very quiet for a while and possibly suffering from severe anxiety as the spotlight is shifted from Depher to internet grifters in general over the next few days.
These modern day SM panhandlers do enormous damage to bona fide charities and good causes.
Anything that curbs guest's soft relaunch can only be a good thing.

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Name change Mither with receipts.
She’s given a number of reasons and timelines for it over the years. The main reason for changing her last name seems to be to distance herself from her wealthy family when she started blogging.

She actually changed her last name before changing her first. According to what she told Xanthe Clay in the first big (“right” sort of THE NEWSPAPER) article that brought her INTO THE PUBLIC EYE for The Pov, she changed her first name “around the time of” her big house sale in August 2012. The M first initial didn’t go with “Monroe” and Jack was because that’s her nickname, short for Jack of all Trades
IMG_9296.jpeg
IMG_9295.jpeg

(Unless “around the same time” is a broad interpretation, this isn’t true. She was actually/already Jack Monroe from the very first days of her Our Southend blog and angry letter to THE NEWSPAPER in March 2012. She changed the name of her blog to a girl called Jack just days after this)
IMG_9304.jpeg

In early 2014, right around the time her first book was published and around the time she met Leggy she says she changed her name because she was bullied at school for being called Melissa. She’s also said elsewhere she was bullied for her last name being “foreign”, but this is very specifically about her first name.
IMG_9283.jpeg
IMG_9286.jpeg

In 2015 when she came out, she had a different story (and different timeline) from those she’d told before.
IMG_9291.jpeg
IMG_9294.jpeg

By late 2022 when Shattenstone interviewed her, she’d forgotten (or didn’t care about) what she claimed in 2015, because the priority was attempting to explain THE POVERTY in light of the massive contradiction to her tale of woe that is her folks living around the corner. In this new version, she changed her entire name after the big house sale in August 2012 so she didn’t embarrass her family. And the Jack was a “childhood nickname” because she was “tomboyish”, not because she was a “Jack of all trades” like she told Xanthe Clay back in 2013.
IMG_9290.jpeg
IMG_9289.jpeg

(Incidentally, had Shatters done the bare minimum of research he’d have known this timeline was bollocks cos she was already Jack Monroe months before that)
IMG_9306.jpeg

INCLUDING when she wrote her viral fucking blog post at the end of July 2012,
IMG_9307.jpeg
before she “sold everything she owned” the following month then (according to shatters) “changed her name”.
IMG_9310.jpeg
IMG_9309.jpeg

ETA: IIRC she’s also claimed she changed her name because she was being stalked. Thought the source was one of her very early blog posts but just re-read it and it’s not, so absent a source (maybe that Twitter thread about leaving money under windscreen wipers?) don’t take that one as fact.

IRREGARDLESS of everything she of course has the right to change her name and to expect that people call her by the name she chooses.

What is certain though is that Jack is a massive fucking opportunist who can’t keep her story straight about when and why she changed her name, but has been weaponizing that name change for a decade to shut down any and all criticism, including criticism that’s got fuck all to do with what her name/gender identity is/isn’t and everything to do with the fact she’s a thieving, grifting lying cunt who can’t even lie straight in bed and has coined in hundreds of thousands of pounds from well meaning people.

Last edited:
  • Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Trussell Trust are as corrupt as Jack who also love a tricksy wording moment. Thanks to jack, I am now aware of this and refuse to donate a penny to them.

• Heart

Elastoblast

VIP Member
wtf is this shit, I’m no medical expert but this sounds like it could be misleading/dangerous. Obviously if it is correct then fair enough but it’s such a bold claim it could be in Grifty kitchen.

View attachment 2930264
Why has she needed to rehydrate herself for several weeks? Rehydration is a temporary measure to help you recover from vomiting or diarrhoea. If you are still symptomatic after a few days the recommendation is to seek medical advice. Now Jack is not normally one to shy away from trotting down to A&E or her GP for a minor ailment.
What on earth could be causing someone who gobbles down food swimming in watery sauces to need rehydration and suffer from cramps and muscle pains. It's a real mystery

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Thing is it's like the patreon - she sets out a plan that involves working harder not smarter, in fact, the plan that requires the most work for the least reward, because a) maverick little wild kernel adhd head and b) she thinks she gets more money when people see her as a hard worker doing 200 hour weeks. and there's enough idiots out there who do buy into that crap. And once she's started something she is entirely incapable of changing her plans, again chaos blah blah mad little head blah blah

just as she could run a patreon on one recipe card sent by email a week, a discord and a livestream every month, she could produce a document/ essay/ whatever demonstrating the ways that many essential things are more expensive when you're poor ( the entire point) , and demonstrating a couple of examples in detail to show that the trend is for this to get worse, not better. Not the work of a weekend, but perfectly possible for one person to research and complete over a few months.

And then if it proved popular or useful, maybe securing funding to update it quarterly, or partner with one of those poor deluded souls at price comparison websites that offered to help, to keep some kind of eye on trends in featured blog posts every month or so, or any other number of ways this work could develop.

But just like with the Squig who actually offered to help fulfil her patreon, she ignored all sensible offers of help, didn't she.

STill onward and upward, there's furniture to move around, fennel to stew, selfies to filter. busy busy busy
Exactly.

It goes beyond mere performance - it's waste.

In the case of the VBI, it was waste of the surge of goodwill, waste of Pratchett's name, waste of all of the offers of help and support, waste of the media spotlight. And, most of all, waste of the opportunity - taking up space that could have been given to someone who would actually make us of it.

Instead, she begged for donations, fucked around with her moleskine notebooks, and then announced that hey ho, prices have halved at Asda!

She does this again and again and again - there's a blaze of publicity, she squats on the idea, nothing useful comes of it, and she walks off with the cash.

Her real skill is making it look innocent, as if there's some plausible explanation for what happened. But all of her supposed fuck-ups end up with a load of money in her bank account. It's not misfortune - it's calculation.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 65