Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
But getting out of black and white thinking and acknowledging the grey areas is a key part of the 12 steps recovery process. Which is another reason i think she's talking the talk not walking the walk. Early days my sponsor was always picking me up on my binary thinking. (I must add I'm not in AA but in AlAnon, for friends and families of alcholics, but we do the same 12 steps and I've been to and spoken at plenty of open AA meetings). She ain't sober.
Black and white thinking can also be one of the traits of autism (unlike some I do think she is genuinely autistic - yes she uses it as a shield but both things can be true, she has it and she uses it as a shield) so I think Jack likely has a double dose of it. That combined with her general stubbornness is a heck of a thing for anything, especially a group that is voluntary, to overcome.

Reactions: 14

Lobster Johnson

Chatty Member
The thing is, there;s possibly a grain of truth in guest's stories of the hitchhiking and the shared tins of cold beans for supper. Her parents might have told their kids that they struggled for money when they were young and maybe saving for their first home, while on junior public sector wages in the 80s. It sounds like the kind of family story that gets told around the table later on, as the kids ask about their parents youth or the parents want to instil values of respect for money etc.
In the early 80s his bounty from the Falklands and NI would've easily paid a deposit.

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Also Captain Barnacles from Octonauts (who I developed a weird crush on after being forced to watch it for several hours a night when babysitting my niece over lockdown)

He's a regular in loads of R4 comedies too - including Cabin Pressure, Ed Reardon, The Missing Hancocks, and many, many more. Very talented voice actor, who can take on any accent and make it convincing. (Unlike guest who's accent is either "a bit posh" or "working class" depending on what audience she's trying to kid, but actually sounds like an elderly goose with severe hayfever)
I've never heard of the Octonauts - I'll look for this. Bing the Bunny, Little Drum, and Bob the Builder can only take you so far (and I hate the new Bob and Brum episodes. I liked the original ones much better

YerDa

VIP Member
Also, since she's unlocked we've heard nothing about AA recovery have we? Unless they've chucked her out for being on the snow and ergo not really working the programme even if she's not drinking. She needs to go to Narcotics Anonymous as well.
She referred to it obliquely in her Facebook comment. Can you be chucked out for being suspected of not following the steps?

Reactions: 12

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Yes, experimental plastic surgery after both world wars lead to massive developments still in use today for people with traumatic injuries or other facial disfigurement. The guinea pig club was formed during the 2nd world war so servicemen could support one another. Imagine Jack attempting to recreate a similar group...grist to the grift
There is a program the face doctor 21.00 freeview 17 if anybody is interested

Reactions: 10

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Maybe we can do we can do a poll on the next thread to see if the majority agree that deadnaming Jack is ok? She calls it deadnaming btw.

Reactions: 10