Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a not-moved truther (mostly because the bungamansion hasn't gone back up for rent or sale), I think shes just done some more of her interminable furniture rearranging (so ouchy) to make the couple of photos not look like the familiar layout. But the mask will slip soon either way and she'll post a photo with enough background to be sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Nah it’s was just the fashion, the Home Edit started it.
We should be grateful she hasn't done the awful thing of facing all the spines inwards so all you have is the edges of pages showing so there is nothing to interrupt beige neutrality. That was a trend for a while. Presumably amongst those who never crack the spine of a book and actually read it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
We should be grateful she hasn't done the awful thing of facing all the spines inwards so all you have is the edges of pages showing so there is nothing to interrupt beige neutrality. That was a trend for a while. Presumably amongst those who never crack the spine of a book and actually read it.
I do that for two books and two books only. Because I got tired of questions and awkward double takes from visitors who saw Ian Kershaw's enormous, two volume biography of Adolf Hitler screaming his name in capital letters across my living room.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
My teenager hasn’t wanted to go to the cinema with me since he was about 13 I think. He goes with his friends.
narc parents don't tend to allow the same agency/sense of self though eh. My nan would oscillate between complete obsession - almost immersion? - with me, my life and my friends, inviting herself to anything we were doing, and being so oblivious and unaware of my everyday life that I was practically a stranger to her. Guest's tweets trying to create this facade of cutesy "look at me taking my son to the cinema, aren't I the bestest mumsy in the world? He must love me soooooooo much" followed up immediately by the "by all accounts" comment, for me, follow this pattern.

I feel very relieved for SB that his exposure to her is limited, but even seemingly benign enough tweets like that must be very confusing. If we think 'by all accounts' is a weird way to talk about your child, he will know it is too!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Probably someone has already said this but autism and ADHD are NOT mental health conditions. They are not illnesses to be fixed but are examples of neuro diversity. A quick Google could have told you that.
Genuine apologies to you and anyone else offended, that was clumsy and wrong of me.

However, the point of the joke remains - in guest world, all forms of neurodiversity are interchangeable. She actively does damage by conflating them and spinning bullshit about how she CANNOT LIE etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Genuine apologies to you and anyone else offended, that was clumsy and wrong of me.

However, the point of the joke remains - in guest world, all forms of neurodiversity are interchangeable. She actively does damage by conflating them and spinning bullshit about how she CANNOT LIE etc etc
Absolutely. She's awful and her cosplaying as ND (or exaggerating if she is diagnosed) is vomit worthy.

I know autism isn't an illness that can be cured, but I sure as hell wish there was a cure for mine. It's awful and I'm desperate for a cure.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.