Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for sure!

drink 1 sip for every:

*checks notes*
tags the prime minister
completed it mate/ elevenerife
mention of THE POVERTY
tin rattle

A swig for every

kickball
I'll ping it to you tomorrow, it's in the sink
pet picture
my bad mentals
TROLLS

down your drink for every

new"did it myself with the kitchen scissors" hairstyle
new £££££ kitchen appliance
and then everyone clapped story of heroism/ child saying something adoring of her
a new slop

drink the whole bottle if

a new Harold or Harriet appears
she moves house
she gets a job
That *checks notes* thing makes me want to self combust.

It's the signature move of a total Ravi Shankar.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
What is the main theory why Jack does this? I’ve never got it, does it drive up engagement? It’s not like she posts anything of real note (not intentionally anyway)
I think she was just trying to go viral with her lacklustre take on the government issuing vouchers but nobody was really biting and she got some pushback, so it's back off to the cozy Comments Club where only breathless admiration is tolerated.
Bellend.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It was a very disappointing test flight for the wingèd monkeys. I saw at least one name I recognised circling but not descending on anyone. The worst I saw her critics receive was a “why are you telling untruths” and a “shut up”. guest will have to go hard on the sympathy-os now to get them fired up for the next run out.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Can anyone in the Comments Club see what the overall engagement was on the tweets? I think TwitterX shows how many views/retweets they get?

Reactions: 21
It was a very disappointing test flight for the wingèd monkeys. I saw at least one name I recognised circling but not descending on anyone. The worst I saw her critics receive was a “why are you telling untruths” and a “shut up”. guest will have to go hard on the sympathy-os now to get them fired up for the next run out.
Some of her socks were vile, seeing some of the stuff tweeted from them to her “critics” last year, I can honestly understand why some of them have given up bothering to call her out.

Reactions: 29
I left school in the late 90s and sometimes wore trousers. A female friend wore them all the time for school.
I left school almost a decade earlier and we weren’t allowed to wear trousers, but we didn’t have to wear blazers so swings/roundabouts.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That had to be the worst comeback so BJs re-election. I had a peep on my hubbys twitter and well.... no many people not even her fanatics seemed to be frothing at the gills at her hot take. Bless. Try again sweetie... perhaps next time you can try the Gaza protests etc. In second thoughts she leave the hot takes to the professionals.

Reactions: 29
The one where she said she was ducking off again did well 💅
Screenshot_20240430_071107_X.jpg

More numbers:
Screenshot_20240430_071157_X.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Ok so I haven't quite gone to bed, I'm peeping through the banisters in case I miss the party downstairs...

.... Return of the Jack seems so contrived, like she's been scribbling in the Moleskine..,"relaunch career". Step one...soft launch: football chat. Then onto mild political chat...
Probably waaaay too late but Return of the Jack would make a very topical #thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Probably waaaay too late but Return of the Jack would make a very topical #thread title.
You lied to us
All those times that you said you were broke
You lied to us
Yes you did, yes you did
You lied to us
Even when you said you’d sent things out
You lied to us
Yes we know, yes we know

Return of the Jack
etc…

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I won’t lie, the amount of likes makes me boak.
I just don’t understand Twitter and I’m so glad I never got it, why would you get endorphins from supporting some random dork with a profile picture of them in an ill fitting football shirt, looking totally out of place and with a haircut only a mother could love and gums that take up half their face? Just because they post something vaguely left wing that’s clearly copy and paste from some other boring idiot?
God, no wonder she got money from these morons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I won’t lie, the amount of likes makes me boak.
I just don’t understand Twitter and I’m so glad I never got it, why would you get endorphins from supporting some random dork with a profile picture of them in an ill fitting football shirt, looking totally out of place and with a haircut only a mother could love and gums that take up half their face? Just because they post something vaguely left wing that’s clearly copy and paste from some other boring idiot?
God, no wonder she got money from these morons.
I agree but even the most liked of those at 3% only represents about 0.6% of her followers, and that’s if we assume that they’re all followers and not a large chunk of randoms just liking stuff without really reading it or knowing her. Much influence.

Reactions: 31
I agree but even the most liked of those at 3% only represents about 0.6% of her followers, and that’s if we assume that they’re all followers and not a large chunk of randoms just liking stuff without really reading it or knowing her. Much influence.
I think she might have locked because those numbers were disappointing and nothing like what she could command in the old days. The retweets were especially low (in the low hundreds).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I think she tried to wade into X just as Richard Madeley was trending. Apparently asking if it was ok to steal from supermarkets has triggered people - given his history of unexpected items not reaching the bagging area.

If we believe the London Economic stuff (and I'm inclined to think that is deeply suspicious)... I guess her handlers told her to stay well away from that one, given her previous advice! Much safer to just inanely bash the Tories and watch those sweet likes roll in.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
My theory on The Grand Silence...

She's moved.
She's asked the auctioneer (for the life of me I can't remember what they are called in the UK!) to scrub the listing from their website and that took a bit of time.
She's been dropped by everyone who could have got her work this year so it's do-or-die time.
I wouldn't be surprised if she got on the, "I lied and stole thousands and it ruined my life" circuit.

ETA.. Estate Agent! See? I knew I had it there somewhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Oh no, I hope when all of Jack's stuff got hacked she didn't lose all the evidence of the TROLL CLAIMS, but, as they seem to be a helpful hacker, I'm sure they left all the TROLL evidence in tact.

And, regarding the potentially lost VBI, I wonder if the ONS saved a version Jack sent them at the later stages of its analysis? I hope the ONS didn't get hacked too? I've not read anything about it in the NEWSPAPER, so I'm sure we're all OK on that front.

Phew!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.