Jack Monroe #569 #YoullNeverWorkAgain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack, Ev and Choccy D all sharing a tin of cold beans (maybe taking turns to nibble a raw mushroom if the budget stretches that far).
POVs famously nibble the super-concentrated stock cubes. Mmm dehydrated salty reduction in a tablet

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Yes thats it. By her continual fibbing over the VBI and saying 'it's nearly done!' at various stages she can't now ever admit she completely under estimated the amount of work it would take and gave up very early on. I seriously think she did precisely duck all. And hoped everyone would forget about it meanwhile taking that sweet Nigella windfall off the back of it - tens of thousands of pounds.
No doubt anyone even asking about it now will be 'bullying'.
Agree with all of this, Jelly ❤but to my mind, we are still being too kind with the language we use.

It’s not fibs or fibbing, it’s actual full on LIES and deliberate LYING. She didn’t fib. She full on bleeping LIED. Knowingly. Like she’s been doing for a decade about literally everything from the benign to the pernicious. Including her repugnant “you can feed your family for a week for £beans and thruppeny bits if you’re not a feckless scumbag” Bootstrap shite, and to cynically manipulate people to send her as much £££ as she can rinse out of them.

ETA She’s not a fibber, she’s a bleeping LIAR. Inevitably for her own self-serving ends.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Well she’s been wanging on for years about how she can survive on £20 a week, so she can crack on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I would suggest she stops pratting about trying to learn another language and gets the vinted app revved up.

I want her pastel stripy Easter jumper so I can also pull a manic face and facetune myself to duck.

She can keep her butter soft thrush leggings

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I would suggest she stops pratting about trying to learn another language and gets the vinted app revved up.

I want her pastel stripy Easter jumper so I can also pull a manic face and facetune myself to duck.

She can keep her butter soft thrush leggings
And the clockwork-leg steampunk ones

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I think big L felt sorry for her, that she was literally spiraling and no one seemed to be doing anything. It wouldn't surprise me of L was the catalyst for the current ongoing on again off again radio silence. I think shes been in proper rehab for insert issues here and she has only recently been let back out. That's my own little theory.....

Reactions: 24
I expect she’s been wrapped up writing the memememoir. Even though the ‘coming soon’ has disappeared from Amazon, I’m convinced she’ll go ahead with the misery autobiography somehow. She’s so wrapped up in her own self importance not to. The troll-hell will be reason for the VBI failure - she had to withdraw from public life to ‘heal’ and avoid the ongoing queries about allegedly misappropriated funds

Who knows, she might even write an online dissertation like Fatty Harris. EssexExcuses.com.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Fraus in F&D will know my current hyperfocus is con artist podcasts and that last two I've listened to, the cons have checked themselves into mental health facilities just as the sword of domacles is about to fall. Of course they don't stay long, it's just to garner sympathy. One even turned up to court on crutches and I laughed out loud.

I do wonder that journos are still so afraid to go near the Jack Monroe scams because of her 'bad mentals' when it's the exact same smokescreen the others pulled, except stretched over time.

Maybe the Americans are more gung ho in going after them? Who bleeping knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Yes thats it. By her continual fibbing over the VBI and saying 'it's nearly done!' at various stages she can't now ever admit she completely under estimated the amount of work it would take and gave up very early on. I seriously think she did precisely duck all. And hoped everyone would forget about it meanwhile taking that sweet Nigella windfall off the back of it - tens of thousands of pounds.
No doubt anyone even asking about it now will be 'bullying'.
I also think she did duck all. Didn't even get started just did some epic bullshitting for a few weeks to generate the 💰

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The booksellers' website still lists the Me-me-memoir as "publication canel(l)ed. It ain't happening

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yes, most of us working class povvos have family property in Battersea and own museums.
Melon me, but I walk by big L’s house every day. And therefore every day I think of guest which is a bummer. Its on a nice street in a nice part of Battersea (there are shady bits too but big La street ain’t that) and it’s ten mins walk from Clapham junction. Very fancy indeed

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I think she deletes because she wants to do a dramatic "I've been off social media for a WHOLE YEAR and this is what I learned..." type return. Except nobody will care.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I feel a bit left out at this Late Risers Car Boot Sale. I’ve never seen anything she owns that I would like to have. Not an EPNS spork, not a 20-seater dining table. Nuffin. 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I expect she’s been wrapped up writing the memememoir. Even though the ‘coming soon’ has disappeared from Amazon, I’m convinced she’ll go ahead with the misery autobiography somehow. She’s so wrapped up in her own self importance not to. The troll-hell will be reason for the VBI failure - she had to withdraw from public life to ‘heal’ and avoid the ongoing queries about allegedly misappropriated funds

Who knows, she might even write an online dissertation like Fatty Harris. EssexExcuses.com.
I would love to see a long ass Simon Harris style dissertation. Perhaps a sequel to the Dear Patrons, I’m Sorry post, which is now 18 months old. An entire year and a half of sitting on her Mediterranean and not a shithouse onion to be seen.

I have to disagree on the mememememoir though. I don’t think she’s written it, because otherwise even with the social media break she wouldn’t be able to resist popping up telling us how she’s a big important writer doing her final final final final final edits. And how she’s subsisting on a diet of cheap toffees and slow cooker tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Working class??
Lol
Working- no
Class - no

I know we’re mithered over it before but Christ Linda looks like Sue Lee.
Marriage made in hea- . . . well, somewhere. ☹ I did suggest Lee as Jack's MAFS partner, so I feel I should get a prize or summat.

Jack's body language doesn't suggest that she's enjoying this fond embrace (despite Jack being the lesbianist lesbian who ever lesbianed).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think she deletes because she wants to do a dramatic "I've been off social media for a WHOLE YEAR and this is what I learned..." type return. Except nobody will care.
I think you might be on to something with that.

The Guardian's been running "I've given up my tv / phone / social media because I'm better than you"-type opinion pieces for decades, but they've vastly increased recently with the "Reclaim your brain" series in January and a bunch of "Life, unplugged" stories last month.

Perhaps Jack has a "1 year digital detox"-type piece lined up for the summer?

Mind you, she's never previously seen the need to wait a whole year before crowing about kicking an addiction in the Guardian, so perhaps not...

• Haha
If we ever get a guest docu then I need Dave Lamb to narrate it with room for ad libbing. Imagine how glorious his horror will be at the slops.

• Haha
  • Heart
I think you might be on to something with that.

The Guardian's been running "I've given up my tv / phone / social media because I'm better than you"-type opinion pieces for decades, but they've vastly increased recently with the "Reclaim your brain" series in January and a bunch of "Life, unplugged" stories last month.

Perhaps Jack has a "1 year digital detox"-type piece lined up for the summer?

Mind you, she's never previously seen the need to wait a whole year before crowing about kicking an addiction in the Guardian, so perhaps not...
She'll never do it.

The only reason she lasted nine months of pregnancy was because Mother Nature forced her to.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.