Jack Monroe #569 #YoullNeverWorkAgain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @RandomFishOils, suggested by @MavisBeacon. You both win "fallen off a lorry" Liverpool shirts as authentic as guest's love for her team.

Recap: A certain "JackyP" posted on Mumsnet telling ever so many porkies about how the evil canal doxxed her and went to her house. She then returned to Twitter to post about her love of the beautiful game, Agatha Christie, and full cream milk (bye bye lactose intolerance.) Just three days later she's deleted all those tweets, paranoia? ❄ On a more amusing note, it's a year since guest was first called guest.

No mention of the VBI or moving house.

Vă (spațiu) mulțumesc! Wiki on the pink button.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Thank you dear heart. I shall head straight to TwitteX and proclaim my deep love of the kickyballers. Come on you livers!

I want that bleeping Vomity Buttons Index to follow her around until her dying day - it's disgusting to make such a song and dance about something that was clearly going to be challenging, would need external help with the data, and was also already being done by far more proficient people - to get a load of media attention and celeb endorsement for it, to get money off the back of it, to somehow plant the idea in the brains of her idiot followers and big names like Tim Harford that she's already done it, and to be claiming even late last year that it was "coming very soon!" If she ever gets the chance to be 'in conversation' again or interviewed by a journo, I want them to ask that question repeatedly with the tenacity of Jeremy Paxman until she admits it's never going to happen and it never was. bleeping grifting charlatan.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I wonder if her and big L are still bezzie mates and still hit up the town like jumble sale bag ladies showing up for happy hour at the bingo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Will guest, as an activist on gender issues, show up in the documentary about Big Lin?

ETA: Oh, what a surprise, the company producing the documentary is a partner with Big Lin's magazine in a streaming service for LGBTQ+ themed films. So I'm sure the documentary will have lots of in-depth content about Big Lin's grifting awards shows and failed business ventures.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
I wonder if her and big L are still bezzie mates and still hit up the town like jumble sale bag ladies showing up for happy hour at the bingo.
I’ve just scrolled through big lin’s insta. Nary a guest in sight. She’s no longer being invited to dos and shindigs. She’s just rattling around the bungamansion on her own

Reactions: 38
Oooh, my second ever thread title! I’ll be wearing my knock-off Liverpool top proudly with the Adidas four stripe trainers I bought in Turkey.

I’ve also got the title over on the latest thread about that other shameless Essex grifter, Simon Harris, once guest’s best friend until he tried to claim he didn’t know her. If you haven’t been over there, please do; you’ll see how the grift unravels. It will give you hope.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Thank you dear heart. I shall head straight to TwitteX and proclaim my deep love of the kickyballers. Come on you livers!

I want that bleeping Vomity Buttons Index to follow her around until her dying day - it's disgusting to make such a song and dance about something that was clearly going to be challenging, would need external help with the data, and was also already being done by far more proficient people - to get a load of media attention and celeb endorsement for it, to get money off the back of it, to somehow plant the idea in the brains of her idiot followers and big names like Tim Harford that she's already done it, and to be claiming even late last year that it was "coming very soon!" If she ever gets the chance to be 'in conversation' again or interviewed by a journo, I want them to ask that question repeatedly with the tenacity of Jeremy Paxman until she admits it's never going to happen and it never was. bleeping grifting charlatan.
The way she wasted the VBI opportunity is completely mind-boggling.

She had so much support and good will to draw upon; almost any course of action she could have taken would likely have led to some sort of success.

But she did nothing. Nothing! She didn't even get round to creating a coherent definition of what she claimed to be working on.

She wasted all that goodwill and support, she wasted the ONS's time, she wasted the Pratchett estate's blessing, she wasted the efforts of her supporters who set up the website and github repository. And, as you say, by continuing to string people along about it "coming soon", she wasted the chance to admit defeat and turn the project over to someone more capable.

To me, this seems so much worse than Sue Lee or any of her other scams. And it came at a time when there really was a cost of living crisis brewing, a crisis that really did hit the least well-off the hardest, and there really needed to be a voice saying it, documenting it, proving it.

But instead we had Jack, publicising the VBI loudly enough to drown out other voices but not not actually ever following through.

I wonder if she feels ashamed?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
This ad came up on my Facebook. I suspect this is guest if she were being honest (although popular and well liked is not a thing). But I don’t think she‘s capable of it

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I’ve just scrolled through big lin’s insta. Nary a guest in sight. She’s no longer being invited to dos and shindigs. She’s just rattling around the bungamansion on her own
Not even a Diva award nomination for Best Lesbian or nuffink. https://www.divaawards.co.uk/shortlist-2024

Although the Diva awards do seem to have become much more corporate of late. No more categories for twitter gobshite influencer of the year. But I guess you make more by selling expensive tables to KPMG.

Reactions: 33
This is what's killing her, the money and the grifting is important to Monroe but only in so much as it gave her status and allowed her to rub shoulders with proper celebs. Her dad had pillar of the community status, her siblings had military status, and even her mum had do gooder foster carer status. Monroe had a failed daddy gifted job and a part time chip shop gig. No status at all

She went for status at every angle, she didn't take photos, she was a photographer. She didn't write letters to the local paper, she wrote leading letters. She won awards, doctorates, wrote books, was feted by people that should have known better and every bit was about status. It's also why she had partners who were either celebs or in power jobs

Not being able to tweet for fear of being mocked will be too painful for her rampant narc personality to bear, but tweeting and being a laughing stock will be worse

She's holed up in her house without the supply of adulation that she once had, and she no longer has any relevance. Everything has gone except the vestiges of silent financial support from the Patreon gullibles, and even that will go in the end

What will really be messing with her mind though is that she could still have all she once had if she had put in the effort instead of taking the piss out of everybody but instead she just winged it every time.

Hope you enjoy the memories Jack because you ain't making a comeback as either Monroe, Hadjicostas or anything else. To employ a culinary term, your goose is cooked

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Good.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer, skinwalking, foul little being. Long may it continue 🍾🍾🍾

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm looking forward to the day she has to claim universal credit after all the patreons leave. Imagine having to survive on that and trying to save up for a house on that?!

Slops, more Tiffany earrings and new Vivienne Westwood trousers will be nothing more than a memory she'll have to cling to when DWP say the bungamansion is too big and moving to a smaller place will become a reality.

Reactions: 31
Will guest, as an activist on gender issues, show up in the documentary about Big Lin?

ETA: Oh, what a surprise, the company producing the documentary is a partner with Big Lin's magazine in a streaming service for LGBTQ+ themed films. So I'm sure the documentary will have lots of in-depth content about Big Lin's grifting awards shows and failed business ventures.
Is Big Lin also a Big Wispa?
I can’t believe I’d never noticed the siMEMEMEilarities before.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone on the previous thread (do forgive me tender stem - I forget who) said she wanted to be thought of as being precociously brilliant, like Roald Dahl's "Matilda"

Instead, she's more like Hilaire Belloc's, who you may recall "told such dreadful lies it made one gasp and stretch one's eyes".

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Screenshot_20240418_214234_Instagram.jpg

That's from the 27th March 2023. Them 'debating' which one is more working class makes me heave. Pair of wankers.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.