Jack Monroe #564 What's a Greek urn? Around £11,000 a month from Patreon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @MavisBeacon from suggestion by @Kittypops. Cuz "What's a white English wannabe grift? Around £11,000 a month from Patreon" isn't quite as snappy. You each win your choice of supermarket mezze, just like her Cypriot Moumia (mummified corpse) used to make!

Recap: After six five months of silence, guest decided to grace Xwitter with the news that she and her whole family are learning Greek on Duolingo; complete with a picture of her notebook in which she has softly, gently, slowly, painstakingly written out a list of ingredients in Greek. (Or did she? We couldn't decide if it was her handwriting.) Her Duolingo profile shows the account was created in December 2023 and she hasn't used it much. Now the canal wonders if a "rebrand" to her birth name, and/or a Greek cookbook, is incoming. Her usual squad of flying monkeys/limping chimps descended to kiss her Mediterranean as always.

Conveniently, she did not mention any of the following ongoing controversies:

1. What happened to the Sue Lee funds? How much did she receive in total? While she did donate at least some of the money, why did she give it to Southend Vineyard (her family's church), not to a food bank like she said - not even to Storehouse which is attached to Southend Vineyard?

2. What about the Patreon money she admits she spent on Cotswolds, booze, and drugs?

3. How much is she earning from Patreon now and what happened to the Patreon rewards that, more than a year ago, she claimed she had sent out (see Hattenstone article linked in #2) but never did?

4. Why has she failed to address the controversy over Grifty Kitchen, including its shockingly dangerous "hacks" - that led to the book having to be revised - and generally horrid recipes such as "pear and bacon porridge?" Again see wiki page 4, and this excellent summary/review by honourary herr Andy Lynes.

5. When promoting Currys in Autumn 2023, why did she again give dangerous advice, this time to pour water into your air fryer? Why did she agree to a brand deal to promote air fryers when by her own previous admission she doesn't use one? And why did that brand deal end abruptly?

6. Why does she continue to tell absurd, easily proven false, lies such as "my parents were so poor that they couldn't feed their family, yet were still taking in vulnerable foster kids," "the bath was full of pennies," and "poppy seeds got me pregnant?"

7. In her recent interview with Times Radio, why did she name a local council estate as "infamous" and stereotype its residents as only buying "ready meals, beer, and nappies" from the local Tesco Express, when said Tesco Express is at a petrol station and most of the local people buy their groceries at the nearby Lidl?

8. Where the hell is the Vimes Boots Index she promised 2+ years ago and still hasn't come up with? Which she said the Office of National Statistics was going to sign off, but they confirmed in response to a Freedom of Information request that they've had only one, informal meeting with her!

ευχαριστώ(διάστημα)σε! Wiki up on the pink button!

• Heart
Reactions: 100

Yel

As funny as the title is I think it's worth saying for any causal viewers that the 11k was one month due to Nigella helping with the beg and people paying for a year in advance.

These days she's getting about a grand if not less as had 323 patreons mid Dec paying on average £3.65 before the platform takes it cut and every month she was losing a load. Thanks to kiddy scripters using her oversharing to abuse the recover account she's now hidden the number of patreons. This is pre tax and we have no idea either way if she's declared it.

Appols for being that boring person! Although I think Sir Chris of big maffs at the FT would approve of this post :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
And most importantly, what was in the box the creep sent her about 2 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
More importantly where are the granola, the mole and the four blogs a week?
Oh poo that reminds me we didn't get her New Years resolutions this year did we due to her epic sulk?
So no gems like the 4 blog posts a week (we didn't get ONE 😂) or lots of wild camping in Essex parks or whatever it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Oh poo that reminds me we didn't get her New Years resolutions this year did we due to her epic sulk?
So no gems like the 4 blog posts a week (we didn't get ONE 😂) or lots of wild camping in Essex parks or whatever it was.
To be fair, learning Greek on Duolingo REEKS of a Jack resolution - she'll never mention it again

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I'm actually keen to see what kind of dicky haircut Jack has now. Her hair has been steadily, painstakingly getting worse in the past 3 years.
The last one was the Jong-Un cut around, I think? Someone called her a hotdog in a wig, anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I can’t wait to see what kind of terrible photoshop job she has to do to avoid looking like a coke hag.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’d like her to get back to disproving all the troll claims the canal have written about her. She started, and stopped, with the Botox on the forehead. I’m curious to see what else was on her list.

Also very keen to read the blog posts that never materialised, including the Jacinda Ardern essay.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I’d like her to get back to disproving all the troll claims the canal have written about her. She started, and stopped, with the Botox on the forehead. I’m curious to see what else was on her list.

Also very keen to read the blog posts that never materialised, including the Jacinda Ardern essay.
I guarantee it would’ve derailed into a me-me-me about how being a woman in the public eye is very tough :( although of course photographing slop and ranting at people on social media is just a bit harder than running a country. It’s like that Mitchell and Webb sketch: “I can’t help getting the feeling that your job as a paediatric oncologist is just a little bit more important than my job as an ice cream tester”

• Haha
Reactions: 35

This had the potential to be great but then all she did was “debunk” something that no one had ever said as an excuse to post a selfie. Such a waste.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I want to know how many supermarket thrillers she read last year.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I have no idea what this thread title means, btw.
It's an old joke.

There's a Keats poem, ode to a grecian urn.

Person 1. What's a Grecian urn?
Person 2. About fifty quid a week.

Long and interesting history of the joke here:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
ragenaan said:
I totally understand - I've always thought of myself as ugly even when I was younger & more conventionally attractive. I still run away from cameras nowadays. Recently I saw a reel on insta that I happen to be in (should have been more vigilant) and because I refuse to be in pictures I had forgotten how bad they are and at first I didn't even realise it was me. Mortifying to think that's how others see me!
Because that isn't how they see you. :)) We don't stare at people for hours like one does at portraits: we experience people as moving, living beings (most of the time) and that's how we are seen.

Sorry to drag this over from the last thread but I missed it being locked.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Just called in to see if shw had anymore wisdom to share... perhaps she has learned to properly address her mental health and learn not to be a dick.... , but alas no show.

I saw manc bee in chef form briefly on the telly the other night, i say briefly my husband was flicking through the channels like a man pocessed to find something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
208 blog posts +1 extra about Jacinda Ardern, and a big ol 2,200 mile yomp from Georgia (that’s 🇺🇸not🇬🇪, guest) to Maine on the Appalachian Trail, oops sorry, a little Tuesday morning bimble around the park with Content and then half-hols camping on a bowling green in Frinton-on-Sea. WILD YEAR! 🌳
IMG_4605.jpeg
IMG_4607.jpeg

Wild Year 🌳 Reese:
IMG_4613.jpeg
Wild Year 🌳Jack:
IMG_4610.jpeg
Bet she never even read the 183 airport thrillers.
IMG_4609.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.