Jack Monroe #556 Cyndi Pauper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m grunking from afar, so forgive me if this has cropped up.

Jack: makes some terrible tawdry allusion to sex and food that gives us the minge cringe like Tweety Bird hitting the alum powder.

Nigel Slater: who has probably never seen a fanny in his life but is just a hero: hold my 7.3% artisanal (huh, I said anal) ale

IMG_7872.jpeg

guest could never.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Her take was so tit. Aasmah Mir was basically feeding her lines.

I’ll transcribe for those who can’t cope with the honk once my plumber has gone (not a euphemism 😂 )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Every one of her accusations is a confession!
That's a really insightful observation tbh, never really thought of it that way, but it really is, like when she accuses Twitter of bullying her when she spent her entire career organising pile ons on non-blue ticks. Not that she has the heft to do that any more, of course...

Or accusing her exes of abuse when, in my humble opinion only, there has been abuse in her relationships but it's not come from her exes

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Cunts never change their rinsed hoops it seems. What a nasty bitter old coke hag she is to be judging people living on a impoverished estate. How would she know anyway? She has never been poor or lived in an impoverished area. She comes from the land of millionaires. She has no bleeping clue. I grew up on a council estate, it was tit and all we had was kwiksave but my immigrant mother did buy fruit and veg for us. She wasn't a feckless lazy pov, she worked hard and tried to shield us from abuse, cold, hunger, poverty and criminal neighbours. Guest is ignoring so many factors. I haven't listened but if she is judging people for buying nappies, she isn't think about the reasons why nappies are needed. Disabled children of all ages use them, what if there are vulnerable or teen mothers, mothers who were raped and cant speak out or terminate for a vareity of valid reasons. She hates poor people. She doesn't want to reach out and help. She wants to preach and judge from her lofty position, secure in her mini mansion. She is no friend to women either. Obesity can have many causes including medical and genetic. PCOS, thyroid issues, prader willi syndrome. Worldwide, women are more prone to obesity than men too. Our bodies are made to retain and store fat rather than muscle. It gets more difficult after childbirth too. But no, rather than sympathise and look at ways to help, Guest has to be spiteful.

TLDR - guest is a punching down again. I hope a gaggle of teenagers 'egg' her windows with rinsed hoops and beans (not in the tin). I'd like a nice taxi driver to leave a nappy hamper for her too with a note that says 'you'll need this post slop'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
Haha lol bang on. Although sometimes she likes to cosplay with the idea of being a 'bad poor'. Like when boasting about her tattoos, or when Michael Portillo absolutely did not tell her told her she should've kept her legs closed.

In subsequent remixes of this tall tale, I believe she threw a pencil case at his head whilst sporting prawn puke in her red hair.
Yes I also get the impression she thinks 'those' poors are sort of Hogarthian and jolly and don't even mind poverty. Whereas of course it is/was far worse for her. Being sensitive and poetry writing and all.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Host: Jack, you heard there then me say what you probably already know and some people keep saying to us which is that obesity for many people is to do with money. Today's data shows that people in poorer areas are twice as likely to be hospitalised with obesity than those in the richest. The House of Commons environment Food and Rural Affairs Committee said last month in fact that the cost of living crisis is fuelling the obesity crisis. Does that explain all of it, do you think?

Honk: Well, no, it's never gonna explain all of it because obesity is a massively complex issue. There's no single factor that sort of determines somebody's weight. But poverty and obesity have long been linked within years and years of studies, places like British Medical Journal and The Lancet and the Royal College of Physicians have all long made the links between poverty and less equal health outcomes including obesity. But poverty, you know, years and years ago, perhaps 30, 40 years ago, poverty didn't necessarily result in obesity, presumably because of what, one thing would be, I suppose, the type of food that is sold now, because that is different to what was sold 30 or 40 years ago. Yeah, it's very much...

It's very much a paradox between the developed and the developing world. In the developing world, poverty tends to be equated with thinness, with malnutrition and starvation. Whereas in the developing world, the line between poverty and obesity is much more clearly drawn. And that is very much to do with the types of food that are available, higher processed foods, sort of high fructose corn syrup that's snuck into lots of different things, different sweeteners, different additives. The fact is really if you want to reduce obesity and if you want to increase people's health and life expectancies, you need to reduce poverty and increase people's incomes so that everyone's got equal access to healthy good ingredients and can make those choices.

Host: But does everyone and I include everyone in this, myself included, does everyone make the right choices when they have enough money?

Honk: Well, no, it always interests me how the... For example, the castigation of ready meals is always pointed at the lower end of the income spectrum and nobody's ever talking about the luxury six or seven pound ready meals or the you know the dine-in for two for 12 pound deals which nobody on the bread line is affording. So the criticism all seems to be engendered in one direction about people's food choices, but poverty is really it's about a lack of choice in what you can buy. I mean everybody should have the right to be able to go to the supermarket and buy what they want rather than you know what they can simply afford and when people have got the income to be able to actually have a choice about what they put in their baskets then we can start to educate people on making better choices I feel. Yeah so more money would help for people on low income so they have more choice.

Host: What about what is available in the supermarkets. I mean, we've been having this discussion for 10 years, maybe more now in terms of what supermarkets should be doing, you know, in terms of what is available and the deals, the buy one get one free deals, whether things, ultra processed food should be taxed in some way, whether sugary food should be taxed. What do you think about the other kind of actors involved in this particular issue?

Honk: Well, I'll give you an example. So where I live, and funny enough, my city came up in the study actually as one of the better ones. I live in South End and there are two Tesco Express stores within an equal 25 minute walk from my house. Yes. And one of them is walking towards the nice larger houses in the nice green conservation area. And one of them is on one of the most notorious council estates in the borough. And these two stores stock entirely different products. So the Tesco Express next to the council estate just stocks basically the value range, ready meals, beers, nappies and very little else. The Tesco Express in the leafy conservation area stocks kale, organic chicken and all sorts of healthier choices. But those choices aren't informed by the communities that they serve. Those choices were made by somebody in head office who decided on planograms and diagrams long before they even built those stores, what those people might want. So you can't say that the people thought they were eating better than the people on the Kersley estate because that's what they want to do when that's actually the choice that's been made for them by Tesco Express.

Host: Well, that's interesting. Jack, thank you. That's the food poverty campaigner Jack Monroe.

"Well, that's interesting. Jack" 🤣💀

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
Host: Jack, you heard there then me say what you probably already know and some people keep saying to us which is that obesity for many people is to do with money. Today's data shows that people in poorer areas are twice as likely to be hospitalised with obesity than those in the richest. The House of Commons environment Food and Rural Affairs Committee said last month in fact that the cost of living crisis is fuelling the obesity crisis. Does that explain all of it, do you think?

Honk: Well, no, it's never gonna explain all of it because obesity is a massively complex issue. There's no single factor that sort of determines somebody's weight. But poverty and obesity have long been linked within years and years of studies, places like British Medical Journal and The Lancet and the Royal College of Physicians have all long made the links between poverty and less equal health outcomes including obesity. But poverty, you know, years and years ago, perhaps 30, 40 years ago, poverty didn't necessarily result in obesity, presumably because of what, one thing would be, I suppose, the type of food that is sold now, because that is different to what was sold 30 or 40 years ago. Yeah, it's very much...

It's very much a paradox between the developed and the developing world. In the developing world, poverty tends to be equated with thinness, with malnutrition and starvation. Whereas in the developing world, the line between poverty and obesity is much more clearly drawn. And that is very much to do with the types of food that are available, higher processed foods, sort of high fructose corn syrup that's snuck into lots of different things, different sweeteners, different additives.

The fact is really if you want to reduce obesity and if you want to increase people's health and life expectancies, you need to reduce poverty and increase people's incomes so that everyone's got equal access to healthy good ingredients and can make those choices. But does everyone and I include everyone in this, myself included, does everyone make the right choices when they have enough money? Well, no, it always interests me how the...

For example, the castigation of ready meals is always pointed at the lower end of the income spectrum and nobody's ever talking about the luxury six or seven pound ready meals or the you know the dine-in for two for 12 pound deals which nobody on the bread line is affording. So the criticism all seems to be engendered in one direction about people's food choices, but poverty is really it's about a lack of choice in what you can buy. I mean everybody should have the right to be able to go to the supermarket and buy what they want rather than you know what they can simply afford and when people have got the income to be able to actually have a choice about what they put in their baskets then we can start to educate people on making better choices I feel. Yeah so more money would help for people on low income so they have more choice.

Host: What about what is available in the supermarkets. I mean, we've been having this discussion for 10 years, maybe more now in terms of what supermarkets should be doing, you know, in terms of what is available and the deals, the buy one get one free deals, whether things, ultra processed food should be taxed in some way, whether sugary food should be taxed. What do you think about the other kind of actors involved in this particular issue?

Honk: Well, I'll give you an example. So where I live, and funny enough, my city came up in the study actually as one of the better ones. I live in South End and there are two Tesco Express stores within an equal 25 minute walk from my house. Yes. And one of them is walking towards the nice larger houses in the nice green conservation area. And one of them is on one of the most notorious council estates in the borough. And these two stores stock entirely different products. So the Tesco Express next to the council estate just stocks basically the value range, ready meals, beers, nappies and very little else. The Tesco Express in the leafy conservation area stocks kale, organic chicken and all sorts of healthier choices. But those choices aren't informed by the communities that they serve. Those choices were made by somebody in head office who decided on planograms and diagrams long before they even built those stores, what those people might want. So you can't say that the people thought they were eating better than the people on the Kersley estate because that's what they want to do when that's actually the choice that's been made for them by Tesco Express.

Host: Well, that's interesting. Jack, thank you. That's the food poverty campaigner Jack Monroe.

Another thing Jack doesn't understand
Developing and developed worlds

Thank you for your hard work. You deserve a lovely day and a biscuit ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
OMG I've just remembered one of my favourite Jack Monroe WC cosplaying episodes....it was when she announced that she was 'chipping off to Pontins' with her babydaddy and his fam. Cue endless guff about sherbert dib dabs in the shop, and how she danced to Whigfield at the disco and everyone stopped what they were doing and gazed in wonder at her lythe and carefree brilliance, and SB was beside himself with glee to see MamaPapa so happy and they twirled and whirled joyfully under the disco lights, and everyone in the room rolled their eyes stood up and clapped.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79

It's very much a paradox between the developed and the developing world. In the developing world, poverty tends to be equated with thinness, with malnutrition and starvation. Whereas in the developing world, the line between poverty and obesity is much more clearly drawn. And that is very much to do with the types of food that are available, higher processed foods, sort of high fructose corn syrup that's snuck into lots of different things, different sweeteners, different additives. The fact is really if you want to reduce obesity and if you want to increase people's health and life expectancies, you need to reduce poverty and increase people's incomes so that everyone's got equal access to healthy good ingredients and can make those choices.

Host: But does everyone and I include everyone in this, myself included, does everyone make the right choices when they have enough money?

Honk: Well, no, it always interests me how the... For example, the castigation of ready meals is always pointed at the lower end of the income spectrum and nobody's ever talking about the luxury six or seven pound ready meals or the you know the dine-in for two for 12 pound deals which nobody on the bread line is affording. So the criticism all seems to be engendered in one direction about people's food choices, but poverty is really it's about a lack of choice in what you can buy. I mean everybody should have the right to be able to go to the supermarket and buy what they want rather than you know what they can simply afford and when people have got the income to be able to actually have a choice about what they put in their baskets then we can start to educate people on making better choices I feel. Yeah so more money would help for people on low income so they have more choice.

The Esso Tesco Express is over a 25 minute walk from the bungamansion, unless you’re really hot-footing it.

Not bad for the most arthritic smol pixie that ever smol pixied… unless she’s moved 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
"Yeah so more money would help for people on low income so they have more choice." wow, what an insightful comment by Guest there 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Can never quite decide with “poverty campaigner jack” if she’s anti- or PRO- it.
Reminds me of an ex I had who was really into WWII. In retrospect I'm not sure which side he was on.

Guest has once again proven herself to be a Tory twit banging on about ready meals. Does anyone even mention poor folk eating ready meals anymore, or is this just another one of her fantasies where the poors are all eating Rustler's burgers in a dark, cold house illuminated only by the glow of their fags and 60" BrightHouse flat screen telly?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
"So you can't say that the people thought they were eating better than the people on the Kersley estate because that's what they want to do when that's actually the choice that's been made for them by Tesco Express." Or is that something that developed over time when Tesco analysed what was actually selling in each of these stores - if nobody in the 'poor' Tesco is buying kale, then they are not going to carry on stocking it are they?

Reactions: 54
"So the Tesco Express next to the council estate just stocks basically the value range..."

This is a bad thing now is it?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.