Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We triangulated them as being paint samples. B & Q had them for their make your own (Velspar?) mixing range.
Not that this explains why she's hanging them up in the kitchen so wfk?
A bit of googling turns up that “paint chip art” is a thing. I think she was going for something like this-
1704916863711.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
A bit of googling turns up that “paint chip art” is a thing. I think she was going for something like this-
View attachment 2680903
Can you imagine the coating of greasy dust on every single one of them. That kitchen is nightmareish.

As a new Frau, is there a reason that there never seems to be any evidence that a SB even lives with her? I think from the wiki he did live with her during the Leggy period? There’s never a kids water bottle or pair of shoes or stray toy anywhere.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Jack was with Leggy for a lot longer than I’d initially thought. See Jack - it’s OK to admit you’re wrong! Presumably she must have met Big Dave. I’m struggling to imagine that meeting. Dave must have been on top Tory pompous behaviour to upper class Leggy, while being an absolute tit.
Marxist Dave is 100% a Tory

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Not to my taste, but at least this version hasn't created a potential death trap that would impede your escape in the event of a fire.
There are nicer examples where people have made collages from paint samples. I don’t particularly like the hanging strings, but as you say, those ones don’t block anything, and there has been a modicum of effort put in to cut and glue them. Jack’s are just the samples as they come tied to a bit of string.

Reactions: 14
One thing that really annoys me about those photos is how at least Leggy has that awful hanging kitchen so everything is at hand. Imbecilic guest copies the aesthetic but not the purpose. Who the duck has a bastard cheesegrater overhanging their writing desk? Fool.
Maybe she uses the cheese grater in a thrifty pencil sharpening hack?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2680903
I hate it! Guest and anyone else’s. What a load of tit. If your 6 year old made it, great, that’s lovely, keep it, but as an adult decorating? No, duck off.
---
Maybe she uses the cheese grater in a thrifty pencil sharpening hack?
I dread to think what else she might use it for!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ninnies, you're all being unfair. She only hung those sample cards because she's never been allowed to paint the walls 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It’s just…everything. Allegra’s past, her experiences, her aesthetic, everything. And still to this day. It’s actually really quite disturbing.
View attachment 2680693View attachment 2680700View attachment 2680703View attachment 2680704
It's so creepy, and so obvious. I'd be mortified to have copied someone directly like this - it's so deeply embarassing and do incredibly unnerving. I would LOVE the tea from Allegra about that relationship. Posh folk tend to have a bit more investment in the idea of their personal dignity and worth to do the sort of mad overshare to the press I would do if I'd gone out with a leech like JM.

I've probably told this story before, but after my narc friend attacked me and I cut contact, I ended up good friends with her previous "best friend", who had also cut her off several years earlier. Pretty sure we're in a trauma bond over the years we spent with this lunatic.

I was very surprised to see that she had the same tattoo (by the same tattoo artist) as the narc - a large portrait on the front of her right thigh. Then I saw they also had identical tattoos on the backs of their necks...

Obviously the narc didn't get the tattoos first. This woman would probably steal her own daughter's boyfriend and somehow paint herself as the victim.

They have zero sense of embarrassment, of personal identity, of boundaries and of what is appropriate behaviour.
---
This is why her relationships go bad, quickly. Her whole life is a lie. Imagine the slow (yet fast) realization that she's a chronic bullshitter 😬 What I'd give as a nosy, nosy ninny to hear from Leggy, LJ and Old Harold
I recon SB's dad would probably have stuck around, he seems wet, but like they always do she overplayed her hand and expected to be able to treat these intelligent and independently wealthy people the same way she did a man who she is attached to via a child. She has very odd ideas about her status in relationships and seems to think she's out of the league of the likes of Leggy and LJC when the opposite is so obviously true.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It's so creepy, and so obvious. I'd be mortified to have copied someone directly like this - it's so deeply embarassing and do incredibly unnerving. I would LOVE the tea from Allegra about that relationship. Posh folk tend to have a bit more investment in the idea of their personal dignity and worth to do the sort of mad overshare to the press I would do if I'd gone out with a leech like JM.

I've probably told this story before, but after my narc friend attacked me and I cut contact, I ended up good friends with her previous "best friend", who had also cut her off several years earlier. Pretty sure we're in a trauma bond over the years we spent with this lunatic.

I was very surprised to see that she had the same tattoo (by the same tattoo artist) as the narc - a large portrait on the front of her right thigh. Then I saw they also had identical tattoos on the backs of their necks...

Obviously the narc didn't get the tattoos first. This woman would probably steal her own daughter's boyfriend and somehow paint herself as the victim.

They have zero sense of embarrassment, of personal identity, of boundaries and of what is appropriate behaviour.
---

I recon SB's dad would probably have stuck around, he seems wet, but like they always do she overplayed her hand and expected to be able to treat these intelligent and independently wealthy people the same way she did a man who she is attached to via a child. She has very odd ideas about her status in relationships and seems to think she's out of the league of the likes of Leggy and LJC when the opposite is so obviously true.
It's a cautionary tale, for sure, and I'm learning a lot from these threads about how to handle a personality like Jack's. One takeaway from this recent stuff about Leggy is a real warning about NOT oversharing online or in the media if ever interviewed. Keep your kids out of it totally and don't reveal too much about yourself either. Don't give away details of where you live. Don't share pics of your street or your garden or home online.

There are plenty of predators out there and some of them look like cute smol pixies with an Estuary honk.

The term "skinwalker" someone mentioned earlier today chills me to the bone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
(Apropos of nothing, that story about the mother's cookbook in landfill made me really sad. What a rotten thing to happen.)
Yeah me too. A previous landlady threw away a box of mine that contained some jewellery given to me by a deceased relative, I totally recognised that feeling of loss she described.
I'm always banging on about the clutter/ hoarding problem guest seems to have - I imagine a better Frau than I had already collated the number of times she's said she's about to start a declutter/ is halfway through one - and maybe she thought Legolas was a kindred spirit?

I've watched enough channel 5 to know about hoarding being an emotional problem and related to anxiety and OCD type illnesses, and honestly I'm surprised guest seems so cavalier about her house full of crap - "look at me putting random old tut into empty jars and cereal boxes lollll" when she could be claiming it as another mental illness.

Then again, she'd probably have to talk about the related shopping addiction and I'm firmly convinced she absolutely cannot do that, because that's actually a genuine problem for her personally ( as well as career wise, not that that ship hasn't sailed anyways) and I think she might even feel actual shame about it ( hence all the charity shop lies). She can go on about alcohol or hiding from the postman or whatever cos those aren't really real to her, they're not sour es of shame in the same way.

( I still also think it's the real reason she never asked family for help. They must have noticed all the designer clobber, but it's easier to go "really, dear, 20p in Oxfam, lucky you" than to confront someone with a temper like guest's.)

Also - one thing to thank guest for - am determined not to be like her, so I'm gonna go through the box that has random screws and laggy bands & cable ties etc in that "might come in useful one day" and chuck the lot. Thanks for the incentive, guest xoxo

Can you imagine the coating of greasy dust on every single one of them. That kitchen is nightmareish.

As a new Frau, is there a reason that there never seems to be any evidence that a SB even lives with her? I think from the wiki he did live with her during the Leggy period? There’s never a kids water bottle or pair of shoes or stray toy anywhere.
This is a good point - all the piles of crap, you'd expect some of it to be his even if she only sees him once a week tbh. I would say maybe she's careful not to show his stuff cos it's his and she cares for his privacy but also lol as if

Ps I too hate the paint sample thing. I hate watch some art/ craft YouTubers and one had a wall of pantone postcards for a while, it was so ugly and busy. guest would have loved it

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Yeah me too. A previous landlady threw away a box of mine that contained some jewellery given to me by a deceased relative, I totally recognised that feeling of loss she described.
I'm always banging on about the clutter/ hoarding problem guest seems to have - I imagine a better Frau than I had already collated the number of times she's said she's about to start a declutter/ is halfway through one - and maybe she thought Legolas was a kindred spirit?

I've watched enough channel 5 to know about hoarding being an emotional problem and related to anxiety and OCD type illnesses, and honestly I'm surprised guest seems so cavalier about her house full of crap - "look at me putting random old tut into empty jars and cereal boxes lollll" when she could be claiming it as another mental illness.

Then again, she'd probably have to talk about the related shopping addiction and I'm firmly convinced she absolutely cannot do that, because that's actually a genuine problem for her personally ( as well as career wise, not that that ship hasn't sailed anyways) and I think she might even feel actual shame about it ( hence all the charity shop lies). She can go on about alcohol or hiding from the postman or whatever cos those aren't really real to her, they're not sour es of shame in the same way.

( I still also think it's the real reason she never asked family for help. They must have noticed all the designer clobber, but it's easier to go "really, dear, 20p in Oxfam, lucky you" than to confront someone with a temper like guest's.)

Also - one thing to thank guest for - am determined not to be like her, so I'm gonna go through the box that has random screws and cable ties etc in that "might come in useful one day" and chuck the lot. Thanks for the incentive, guest xoxo

This is a good point - all the piles of crap, you'd expect some of it to be his even if she only sees him once a week tbh. I would say maybe she's careful not to show his stuff cos it's his and she cares for his privacy but also lol as if

Ps I too hate the paint sample thing. I hate watch some art/ craft YouTubers and one had a wall of panto e postcards for a while, it was so ugly and busy. guest would have loved it
You'd really hope there wasn't a child around to knock over the candles burning in the gin bottles which would set fire to the rubber boots and bring a wall of rusty knives and paint samples clattering down into the burning chaos.

• Sad
Reactions: 23

Also - one thing to thank guest for - am determined not to be like her, so I'm gonna go through the box that has random screws and laggy bands & cable ties etc in that "might come in useful one day" and chuck the lot. Thanks for the incentive, guest xoxo

Ps I too hate the paint sample thing. I hate watch some art/ craft YouTubers and one had a wall of pantone postcards for a while, it was so ugly and busy. guest would have loved it
I imagine she spends a lot of time on Pinterest. Some of those shoddy hacks in Grifty Kitchen definitely came from there and I bet she hunts for recipes there. Just like most crafty tit though, it never turns out quite as nice as the pics.

Reactions: 25
While we’re mithering about Guest in times long ago, have we ever worked out her actual glasses situation?
She has gone through various phases of wearing utterly hideous glasses but far longer periods of not. If it was anyone else I would assume she just wears contacts most of the time but as it’s Guest, I feel like if that was the case we’d have heard none stop about her crumbling eyes…which puzzles me even more… are the hideous glasses fake?!If so, why choose such awful ones?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
While we’re mithering about Guest in times long ago, have we ever worked out her actual glasses situation?
She has gone through various phases of wearing utterly hideous glasses but far longer periods of not. If it was anyone else I would assume she just wears contacts most of the time but as it’s Guest, I feel like if that was the case we’d have heard none stop about her crumbling eyes…which puzzles me even more… are the hideous glasses fake?!If so, why choose such awful ones?
Proper 70s sex offender glasses.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

I think there are a lot of rooms in the not so crappy bungalow that we don’t see or only see a very quick glimpse of.

I don’t think it’s that she cares for SB’s privacy as such, I think it’s more that showing his expensive games console with tons of games, a designer wardrobe with multiple football kits, various gadgets she’s mentioned in passing and several pairs of expensive trainers would be very very obviously a sign of money in the household to a much wider variety of people than the sideboards are (hands up, wouldn’t have had a clue what brand they were or how much they cost until Tattle).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.