Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, there was a Radio 4 thing, many years ago. Path of the “15-minute drama” series. No longer available on any platform that I’ve found.
Not noticed “Hollywood” knocking on her door since.

People in general, is my guess. Unless they have a blue tick, in which case it’s a quite different story.
The writer/director of the “Wolf of Wall st” no less wanted to make her story into a Hollywood blockbuster no less..!

I remember this radio show being on as I used to listen to a lot of Radio 4. I didn’t have a clue who it was meant to be about but I remember thinking this character’s pretty annoying but June Whitfield was in it and therefore definitely listenable for her alone![/QUOTE]

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I honestly can’t believe she had got her literal begging bowl out again. All the recent talk of burn out/stress etc and now she can’t cover her bills 🙄Well maybe she should think about getting a regular job.
I think after recent months most of us will be displaying symptoms of burn out/poor mental health, it’s hardly been a bowl of cherries has it? Why does she think she is so special? Some of her followers are so gullible they’ll happily donate to her PayPal/Patreon. I wonder how many of them have an Emin hung up or a Smeg in their kitchen?

Sorry if the above had been discussed I’m GK’ling

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
The writer/director of the “Wolf of Wall st” no less wanted to make her story into a Hollywood blockbuster no less..!
[/QUOTE]

Oh I think I've seen it...multiple careers, scamming people out of money....played by that chap with the nice eyes.....

Catch me if you can!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So Jack feels all alone :unsure:
Perhaps if she'd spent less time chasing the blue ticker life and taken her head out of her backside she'd have enjoyed the last few months.
Since lockdown I've been cooking for a little old lady I only know in passing, twice a week, even now that she's back out food shopping.
I know more of the neighbours, thanks to someone posting their number through the door, and we have a whatsapp group for daily chat.
Our town's community centre has become like a second food bank and has been helping out with food parcels, no questions asked.
If anyone ever posts on the local FB pages, or the Nextdoor app that they're struggling or feeling lonely etc, they get such a good response that it must at least help them a little.
I've been better at keeping in contact with friends......not because I need something, but just in case they do.

She's so desperate for all the Twitter celebs to know who she is, she forgot that there are people outside her front door. They're not famous though, that's the problem!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Jack isn't the only person I find iffy on patreon. There is a musician I've seen live a couple of times who sent out a mailer to their fans asking for patreon sign ups, justified as they can't tour. I'm sure for musicians who really rely on touring this had been hard, but she is very successful and had been for over two decades. She had two houses, one in New York, one in New Orleans. I'd happily support a struggling musician if I could but that, to me, is not struggling.

I think the thing that really gets my goat with this whole patreon thing is, actually most of us are struggling now, people who feel ok to ask for cash from strangers are just assuming their struggles are now worthy and they are entitled to propping up their lifestyle rather than cutting back.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I always believed that Lily and her younger brother Alfie were the inspiration behind Harry Enfield's The Toddlers, he lived with their mum for a good while.
Harry Enfield said in an interview that Lily and Alfie were his inspiration for Kevin the teenager

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Urgh nigella has retweeted the link to the potatoes and all these genuinely concerned, earnest people are fawning over her (jack boobstraps) without a clue. As a stand-alone, it reads like a gritty and moving piece of writing when you don’t know all the rest...

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Just a reminder of when she had the kitten and what she said, this is before the Edinburgh jaunt too , money and larder was ok then , she was still appallingly rude on that thread , she’s a really nasty piece of work when you piece it all together.
It's something like that that really needs reposting to her Twitter in reply to all this nonsense (not that we here are allowed to of course). So often I wish someone on there would drag out an old post to call out her many contradictions. As when someone challenges her it's easy for them to be dismissed as a troll but reposting Jack's own words might at least prompt some people to think a little more.

This whole in bed for 22 hours business now, it was only the other day she said again she was working 15 hrs a day, 7 days a week?? Why do they have such short memories?! 😖

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Lily Allen would be a perfect candidate for the portrayal of Jack! Who else could pull off the eight-octave singing range?!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I always believed that Lily and her younger brother Alfie were the inspiration behind Harry Enfield's The Toddlers, he lived with their mum for a good while.
Apparently Lily’s older sister was the inspiration for Kevin the teenager 😂 poor girl

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Urgh nigella has retweeted the link to the potatoes and all these genuinely concerned, earnest people are fawning over her (jack boobstraps) without a clue. As a stand-alone, it reads like a gritty and moving piece of writing when you don’t know all the rest...
Nigella appears to be a kind and generous person (probably why she retweeted) but I doubt she has any experience of poverty.

Reactions: 22
It's something like that that really needs reposting to her Twitter in reply to all this nonsense (not that we here are allowed to of course). So often I wish someone on there would drag out an old post to call out her many contradictions. As when someone challenges her it's easy for them to be dismissed as a troll but reposting Jack's own words might at least prompt some people to think a little more.

This whole in bed for 22 hours business now, it was only the other day she said again she was working 15 hrs a day, 7 days a week?? Why do they have such short memories?! 😖
You’re right about her own words being placed in front of her but can you imagine the almighty pile on she would orchestrate .

@BeautifulTrauma was besieged by rabid fans of Monroe’s , her phone never stopped with the notifications of another Tweeter haranguing her so I’m not going to put myself through that but if there’s someone brave enough to endure the possible onslaught it’s there on Monroe’s IG.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Jack isn't the only person I find iffy on patreon. There is a musician I've seen live a couple of times who sent out a mailer to their fans asking for patreon sign ups, justified as they can't tour. I'm sure for musicians who really rely on touring this had been hard, but she is very successful and had been for over two decades. She had two houses, one in New York, one in New Orleans. I'd happily support a struggling musician if I could but that, to me, is not struggling.

I think the thing that really gets my goat with this whole patreon thing is, actually most of us are struggling now, people who feel ok to ask for cash from strangers are just assuming their struggles are now worthy and they are entitled to propping up their lifestyle rather than cutting back.
Is it Amanda Palmer?

Reactions: 12
Love it. Her mum can’t just be unwell at the moment. Nor can she even just be EXTREMELY unwell which though unnecessary, a few attention seekers may use that kind of wording from time to time.

It’s Jack so her mum has to both extremely AND severely unwell at the moment 😂

I really hope it’s at least more than a bad cold to deserve that overuse of dramatic language.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Btw, I know this is slightly off topic but this popped up in my feed and I thought some folk might appreciate it:

I'm not vegan but I do eat a lot of vegan food - love Anna Jones recipes. And look, no blending!

Reactions: 18
Is it Amanda Palmer?
I definitely immediately thought of her when I read this too? Does she have a thread here? Same story as Jack for me, used to be a massive fan until I started seeing through the cracks, it snowballed and now I cant stand her!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.