Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe #57

..ain’t nothing going on but the rent; got to have a S-M-E-G, don’t you know her content’s FREE!

(too long, I know). Now duck off thankyou.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She really is privileged enough to not know how universal credit works.
My husband works full time as a restaurant manager. I am a carer to our disabled son and we private rent. We get universal credit to top up my husbands earnings.

So in theory if Jack earns a low wage, each month her pay would be bumped up by universal credit to pay for her private rent and look after her child. As a one income household

She's a liarrrrrr. She obviously earns over the amount each month to qualify.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
But Jack claimed when she got the kitten and people were warning she'd not get care on insurance that she'd checked out everything and she could handle it financially!
Someone, anyone, has got to ask her how she went from doing comfortably enough to be fine with taking on the kitten to more outgoings that incomings and being incredibly stressed about it a few weeks later (after a jolly on the sleeper). Surely this cannot be going unnoticed by many of her followers, particularly the cat obsessed ones of which there were quite a lot. Come on followers, ASK HERRRRRR

• Angry
Reactions: 41
Yeah, there was a Radio 4 thing, many years ago. Path of the “15-minute drama” series. No longer available on any platform that I’ve found.
Not noticed “Hollywood” knocking on her door since.

I get the feeling Jack doesn't really like poor people. Like, maybe they're a bit... Common?
People in general, is my guess. Unless they have a blue tick, in which case it’s a quite different story.

Reactions: 12
Considering she's so down with the "benefits folk" (it's just regular life for those non high earners sometimes, not all a cameo BTW Jack) she really has no idea how it works to NOT be "reasonably well off" ......

I class myself as having a really fortunate life because loads of people have SO little.

Gah.....She's just awful!!

Reactions: 23
I see from an earlier post that Lily Allen was suggested to play the part of Jack. Anybody got any other suggestions because i am sure Jack would have Meryl Streep in mind.
Actually I think Lily Allen would have been perfect. She’s not an actress, but maybe that is a plus. Lily is from a highly privileged background (very expensive private school, mum a very wealthy and influential TV exec, hugely wealthy stepdad, we are talking multi £m’s, but built her career based on a fake mockney street” persona) - so basically fake. Just like Jack!

Has she deleted the tweet about all her wonderful and Emin-giving friends deserting her in times of need? Can't find it. Was thinking it's a littttle close to home for her to be bullshitting about. If she doesn't knock all this on the head soon she really will have nothing and nobody left. Maybe this is sort of stuff is the most lucrative for her though?
I suspect that tweet was aimed at her erstwhile Groucho buddies. Let’s face it, she’s not interested in the povs who want to give her £4 per month. She wants big gifts/donations from the blue-tickers who have more money than sense.

We had our favourite and most valuable pig put to sleep over new year, my husband was destroyed by it at the time but it was the right decision. Watching what she put that kitten through upset us beyond belief. She isn't burn't out, she is a lazy wannabe famous type. Our Jack really has no idea what hard work looks like, my husband has (diagnosed) autoimmune diseases as do I but work, pay rent and don't hand out the begging bowl. We are also caring for my parents who between them have vascular dementia and terminal cancer. She's a fantastic bleater of poor me. Don't get animals you can't afford to look after you Wally.
She didn’t give a duck about that poor kitten. She’s utterly self-centred. Forcing the poor thing to walk on its crippled legs, not recognising that the persistent purring was a sign of pain/distress, posing with the poor thing by thrusting it in the air, slinging it over her shoulder and rubbing it on her tits FFS. It was simply a tool for her own ego. But that’s Jack. No empathy.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
@L

She cares not a jot for animal welfare, as the wafer thin mints chicken showed. She was a vegan for 5 minutes. Maybe 6.
TBH I don’t think she was vegan even for that long. It was just a marketing thing, for her “Veganish” book.
Anyone who had any genuine concern about animal welfare at all, and in particular someone who had previously claimed to be vegan, would not be stuffing themselves with repulsive reclaimed chicken meat and low quality pork products stuffed with salt, sugar, starch and additives. She’s a bleeping hypocrite. (As if you didn’t already all know that).

Reactions: 32
Jack's lies have always been astounding but somehow this latest stunt seems even worse. I think it is the sheer gall she has, she can't even wait a decent period for people to forget about her expensive Edinburgh trip before she is on the beg again. Mind you that will be what the mass delete going back three months will be about. All that evidence of expensive furniture, clothes, trips, pets, appliances, rental property and so much more is gone. Such a pity there are receipts eh Jack? She is guilty of fraud now, I always thought the kickstarter was fraud too, am amazed she got away with that. I don't think she is declaring everything to the taxman either. She really needs a harsh life lesson to jolt her into reality. There would be a delicious irony if her family really did disown her and she had to rent a small flat and work a zero hours contract in a real job. Then she would know what burnout feels like, then she would understand why people who have no energy or time want to cook from scratch at the end of a shift let alone rinse beans. She needs to live her fiction for real, only then might she learn some humility and be cured of pathological lying and begging. She might even develop empathy for those in our society without privilege, you know those BLM women writing her book or the genuinely poor people who are stuck in poor housing with a low income and very little chance of progression. Even healthcare and education are a privilege in the UK and Jack has had the full benefit of both. She has no clue but plenty of audacity.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Another thing I forgot to mention for Jack’s suicidal potatoes blog: she claims sadly that it would cost her 37x her living wage to buy the house she lives in, acting like a poor church mouse.

Neglecting to mention that she pays herself a living wage out of her earnings, and hoards the rest!

Actually I think Lily Allen would have been perfect. She’s not an actress, but maybe that is a plus. Lily is from a highly privileged background (very expensive private school, mum a very wealthy and influential TV exec, hugely wealthy stepdad, we are talking multi £m’s, but built her career based on a fake mockney street” persona) - so basically fake. Just like Jack!

I suspect that tweet was aimed at her erstwhile Groucho buddies. Let’s face it, she’s not interested in the povs who want to give her £4 per month. She wants big gifts/donations from the blue-tickers who have more money than sense.

She didn’t give a duck about that poor kitten. She’s utterly self-centred. Forcing the poor thing to walk on its crippled legs, not recognising that the persistent purring was a sign of pain/distress, posing with the poor thing by thrusting it in the air, slinging it over her shoulder and rubbing it on her tits FFS. It was simply a tool for her own ego. But that’s Jack. No empathy.
Lily Allen is sooo like Jack. They even look alike. They even talk in a similar way.

Despite having a famous actor dad, and a wealthy successful mum, Lily went on, and on, and on about how she used to live in a council flat, for about 2 minutes when she was 4 years old. She also makes a big deal of the fact that her mum was a teenage mum (with Lily’s older sister) because Lily obviously thinks it makes her family sound working clarse.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I always believed that Lily and her younger brother Alfie were the inspiration behind Harry Enfield's The Toddlers, he lived with their mum for a good while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
100%. Nothing as bad as an emotionally draining friend who is nowhere to be seen when things are good. She's also a pathological liar so that can't go down well.
I've got a friend who would phone every Friday night and just talk non-stop. She rarely asked about my life or, if she did, would soon go off on a tangent. I'm trying to remember what it was, but I dropped something important and concerning into the conversation (I think it was medical related) and she just moved on like a bulldozer. I don't think she listened, just talked at me.

We don't talk much now but she does have a heart of gold as a friend. I just couldn't cope with the hours of monologue.

By the way, is Tattle mucking about with the rankings again? I'm confused! I was a VIP for a day, then bumped down; earlier today I was Well Known, and now I'm Chatty. 😱🤨🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
A liar. I don’t believe she was ever vegan-she had spam on her shelves when she was supposedly vegan & was talking in Edinburgh (on the link someone put up a few days ago-at the launch of veganish) about stewing steak. I’m now positive it was all lies just to exploit a growing market in plant based food.
Am so angry I bought the sodding book. Especially when I saw her buying the most tit factory farmed cheap chicken on the Scotland trip.
The worst kind of wanker, not giving a tit about where the meat is produced makes me dislike her more sadly. This kind of of 'not my circus, not my monkeys' makes me so mad. duck, I bleeping ate her. If someone is truly starving I could understand. My friend had a farmshop and someone stole a chicken, a free range, highest welfare chicken. His response, if they had come and told me they had no food I would have given it to them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
There are NO words.

I’ll clear something up about the job retention scheme/government grants though. Not wanting to stick up for her but its highly unlikely she would have been eligible for a grant as you have to pay business rates and if she did apply for the second round of special grants then she’d have to prove her business had been directly adversely affected by coronavirus.
Furlough: directors can only furlough themselves IF they are doing no work for the company (except for the legal requirements) and only if they’re being paid through PAYE and not dividends. She has worked throughout this period so would be ineligible to claim for herself through furlough. If she’s self employed then again she needs to declare that she’s been unable to work.

It’s very clear that Jack has raked it in through lockdown, even if the twits on Twitter can’t see that.
If she genuinely was burnt out, I’d have sympathy but burnt out people don’t swan off to Edinburgh at the drop off a hat. Neither do people on the breadline. Also, if she pays herself the living wage (based on 40hrs a week) then her house is valued in excess of £650k. That does not a crappy bungalow make. (Also monthly rent on a house is normally more than a mortgage payment so she’s paying a fair amount to live there)

All her “I can’t afford to move somewhere cheaper, it costs a lot to move” chat is confusing when that sentence comes from someone who has moved over 23 times 🙄
You have to declare that your business has been affected in a bad way by Covid to get any self employed furlough help. Anyone who claims and then is proved to have falsely claimed will be taxed 100% to grab it back. *shakes the tip jar* also taxable...

Reactions: 14
@TheDragonWithAFlagon - An excellent uh post. I admire your capability of remaining so calm and constructive.
Recap of the burnout questions:

View attachment 198828
god, she’s so SO dishonest. It’s nuclear level dishonesty. Makes the claim that she hasn’t been able to move for weeks but has to qualify the evidence of activity from a few days ago by talking about it like it was in some way imparted to her from above (more grandiose delusions..) but also, the not so subtle shaking of the tip jar while playing her tiny little violin. It’s transparent. And burnout from what, exactly? Selfies?? Charlatan.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.