Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand how I asking someone if they are still with their partner intrusive. I get it hurts, but you just say no not anymore im not ready to talk about it etc. Shuts the convo off but remains polite.

Not every person that follows her spends a zillion hours scrolling through her feed in the hope of seeing whether not her partner left?!

Reactions: 28
Tap next to the word you want to strike out. When it is highlighted blue, select the 4th symbol along the top!

Attachments

Reactions: 17
I really hope she does a spoken-word video of 'Potatoes' - it will be the most cringe-worthy, teeth-on-edge thing ever!

Reactions: 35

Reactions: 7
Thankfully I’m still employed and have an understanding boss but it was a nightmare at the time, especially since I work in education. They were doing their best to contact everyone they could find in the same organisation!
I can't quite find the words, that's absolutely shocking! Trying to make someone lose their job for the crime of disagreeing with someone else....it's hard to fathom the level of spite required for that.

Reactions: 32
You have found the right place. You may be able to give us some insight into J's behaviours.

Reactions: 15
Top marks, as always, Pokahontas.

Reactions: 18
At the risk of... triangulating myself.... Ian Rankin used to pop in to a bookshop I worked in, several years ago. We often had authors coming in to promote their books....the majority were lovely, but some were horrendous pompous twats. Needless to say, Ian was adorable and chatty. The authors didn't get paid to attend, but some seemed absolutely horrified to be talking to a mere 25 people sipping warm wine on rickety chairs. Some even turned up roaring drunk. I just can't imagine Jackie doing anything for nothing.....

Reactions: 39
It really pleases me to know that Ian Rankin is a genuinely nice bloke.

Reactions: 30
I can't quite find the words, that's absolutely shocking! Trying to make someone lose their job for the crime of disagreeing with someone else....it's hard to fathom the level of spite required for that.
That’s what’s currently known as Cancel Culture. It’s vile and is sadly very commonplace now. It’s what happened in the USSR and East Germany at the beginnings of certain periods and it’s very scary that is becoming a thing in 2020.

Reactions: 38
Good grief my Tattle name has come true. I came downstairs to find the cat in the kitchen. He shouldn't be, he likes to be out stalking his prey at night murdering, terrorising, or sleeping in his own porch (fancy). He glared at me, as it must have been my fault he got trapped, even though i was first a bed last night. I smooshed his little face and said, 'You've been in all night young man? I hope you didn't do a chaos'.

Reactions: 44
It really pleases me to know that Ian Rankin is a genuinely nice bloke.
I've met him as well, through work I used to do with libraries. A genuine nice bloke. I was going to re read the Rebus collection from the beginning but I don't want to now I know she is. #petty

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.